New Super Smash Bros announced at E3 press meeting.

Darros

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68774/super-smash-bros-4-coming

The next Super Smash Bros. fight game will be released on both Nintendo 3DS and the newly-announced Wii successor the Wii U, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata explained during the company's E3 press briefing. Series designer Masahiro Sakurai is once again onboard

"A few months ago I explained the concept of Wii to Mister Sakurai, who was developing [Kid Icarus: Uprising]," Iwata said. "We were discussing which platforms his next game should be developed for--Nintendo 3DS or Wee U? What Mister Sakurai suggested then was an idea to make Smash Bros. for both Nintendo 3DS and Wee U, to make it work together on both platforms.

"Since his team is still involved in the final work for Kid Icarus maybe I shouldn't go into any detail today, but I think I have just promised you that Smash Bros. will be developed for Nintendo 3DS and for Wee U, and that the software will work together in some fashion."

Seems interesting to me. I like the thought of a handheld Super Smash Bros.

Edited by Darros

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am excite, even if I only have played Melee. I wonder if they're going to do anything drastic this time around like change all the characters or something? Although I doubt it, I think it would be fun.

I wonder if they're finally going to do it and give Marth a pair of boobs this time around.

Well, I am excite, even if I only have played Melee. I wonder if they're going to do anything drastic this time around like change all the characters or something? Although I doubt it, I think it would be fun.

I wonder if they're finally going to do it and give Marth a pair of boobs this time around.

I think they'll keep all the ones that are there, but seriously, nerf the fuck out of Sonic and add a few more. Maybe one or two third party characters. Add more females. Zelda, Peach, and Samus is not enough.

Boobs on Marth.. Caeda would not be amused.

While there was a STP, you have the better opening post. Mod can lock (move to the graveyard, but don't delete, the STP should be preserved)

What characters do people want to see?

I want

Kamek or Kammy

Vaati (If, and only IF, he is involved in Skyward Sword)

Ridley

Lucario AND Mewtwo (change Mewtwo's B move)

Toukko/Hilda OR Cynthia.

Goroh

FE13 Lord or Sigurd

Sami/Lin (Fights with the weaponry of the Veteran units from Battalion wars, Flamethrower, rockets, missiles, heavy machine gun+rifle clubing)

Little Mac

Ray whatevermodelthey use

Isaac

Mike Jones

Takamaru

Magnus (The manly guy with the sword in the new KI trailer)

Alexandra Roivas

Clones given new moves

After that, I want "alternate characters", changes to the appearance of a character and the voices/announcer, but keep the move.

Keep old characters, add a few more, (no more mario chars though seriously aside from waluigi) Add more samus (is a pirate too much :/: ), more zelda perhaps, F-zero, Donkey kong (where is dixie/tiny, chunky, lanky?), more stages (not as many from mario though).

Speed the game up, bring the physics from 64/Melee.

As much as I'd love to see Sigurd, it's unlikely at best ^^. I'm hoping they don't give up and stop Link from being able to jump entirely. (They should so use Wolf's lines from Star Fox 64)

I think they'll keep all the ones that are there, but seriously, nerf the fuck out of Sonic and add a few more. Maybe one or two third party characters. Add more females. Zelda, Peach, and Samus is not enough.

Boobs on Marth.. Caeda would not be amused.

Problem is: there's no awesome Nintendo girls with awesome movesets left to choose from (maybe Sami from Advance Wars if that's even Nintendo?), or at least that I can think of off the top of my head worthy of SB. :( Although I really would like female characters even if I'd just end up spamming Ness like I usually do on Melee.

'MarthBrawl.jpg

Nor was she very amused when he stole her iron and plucked his eyebrows. :P

more stages (not as many from mario though).

Seeing another FE stage would be nice though.

Which retro stages do you think they'll take?

ISkyworld because it was in the screenshot, I guess. I also think they'll bring Castle Seige (it was an easy one, and in all reality, they probably won't make a new FE stage), Bridge of Eldin, and Mario Circuit.

Edited by Darros

Oh, forgot King K. Howeveritsspelled.

Problem is: there's no awesome Nintendo girls with awesome movesets left to choose from (maybe Sami from Advance Wars if that's even Nintendo?), or at least that I can think of off the top of my head worthy of SB.

I listed Alexandra (Nintendo owns the IP, hence the trademark a few years back, so they presumably own the characters). She has lots of moveset potential. The many melee, throwing and firearm weapons of the various chosen, a returning magic gladius, magick. Plus it opens room for one of the ED Ancients as a boss/FS, which would be awesome.

Edited by deuxhero

Sonic isn't broken. Also, I disagree with adding females (or any type of character for that matter) for the sole sake of adding someone from that group.

What characters do people want to see?

Clones given new moves

For characters, I hope everyone returns (if they have to cut someone it should be Jigglypuff), as for newcomers I hope to see Megaman, as well as a second Pokemon Trainer that has a slightly different playstyle. Furthermore I'd expect a Gen 5 Pokemon. Another team character like ICs would be nice. Can't really think of anyone I'd like to see apart from that.

Aside from Ganon, what characters are you refering to exactly? While some of the others share a few moves, their playstyles feel different enough imo.

Speed the game up, bring the physics from 64/Melee.

Personally, I prefered Brawl's physics over Melee's and 64's, maybe that's just me though.

Aside from all that, I also hope for great new stages, as well as a decent online mode. I'm not sure yet what to think of the WiiU/3DS split, as I didn't plan to get a 3DS originally...

Well I can't afford new gaming systems and have neither of those so I guess I won't be getting this new SSB. So guess it doesn't matter to me what characters they have in the next one =D

"Aside from Ganon, what characters are you refering to exactly? While some of the others share a few moves, their playstyles feel different enough imo."

Young/Toon Link could be turned into an alternate Link (Using unique items/abilities instead of the ones that always appear) if not axed. The various moves clones do share could be changed.

Oh no! Character list discussions already!

Problem is: there's no awesome Nintendo girls with awesome movesets left to choose from (maybe Sami from Advance Wars if that's even Nintendo?), or at least that I can think of off the top of my head worthy of SB.

Jill from Drill Dozers has that potential. She'd have to be expanded a bit, somewhat like Fox was, but not that much. She doesn't have that much chance to get in though, due to her rather low sales, unless Nintendo starts scraping from the middle of the barrel (popular NES characters are pretty much exceptions to this).

Sami maybe, but they'd pretty much have to choose her over a more central protagonist from the Nintendo Wars series. Either way, a character from the series could use a moveset cobbled together from the units that most closely represent that character or the game as a whole, I guess.

Krystal also is an action-girl who has a fairly well-defined potential moveset (pretty much Star Fox Adventures) that could be unlike many of the other characters, especially the other Star Fox ones. However, for her, she's kind of a controversial character in the Star Fox fandom, and Star Fox is already kind of overrepresented for the number of games they have.

Aside from those three, though, Nintendo has very few action-girls who are not already in or starred in decently popular, underrepresented franchises. I similarly can't really think of many female characters from the most likely third parties that would be likely to get in, especially over their more popular male competitors.

Edited by Sploder

Just about EVERY female from fire emblem has potential to be in SSB.

I don't see any reason to this, though. I mean, while there's always an important girl in the FE games, they're usually not main characters. That limits the potential girls to Lyn and Micaiah.

Now, FE 9-10 is already represented by Ike, so that pretty much kicks out Micaiah. As for Lyn, she might have a chance, but what would really separate her from the other sword-users?

They'd better not nerf Kirby again...and I wanna see Sheeda fufufu

Edited by Tiki's Pet Pikachu