Zeo's Beginner Sprites

Zeo

All done. I did very VERY little shading under the neck as to not botch it up. Also got rid of the fourth shade of blue, the part of Sain's hair and whatnot.

kensoufinalx.png

I think that might be about it. I lost some of the "troublemaker" vide I was going for face wise, but the tradeoff was a more regular looking and polished mug all around. So I don't mind.

EDIT: He kinda looks like Gohan to me now... lol..

Edited by Zeo

Ok, I thought I was done but unfortunately not yet. I forgot I have to make a Chibi version of the portrait.

How do people normally go about this? Is there a common method I can follow?

Sorry for the double post also.

Edited by Zeo

Hi Zeo I have my own way to make chibis and its super easy I hope you like it. Here's how I do it:

I select part of the characters face that I want to make chibi. For bigger characters select more and for smaller characters select about as much as I am with the character. Make sure you select in a square and not rectangle.

Step 2 I minimize it guiding myself with the white blocks in the middle, and sometimes I go down 2 pixels and right 2 pixels or stay right on the blocks.

Step 3 I compare it to another chibi and Finally I make the edits, like adding lines to finish it.

For yours I came up with this:

2u975i0.png

Edited by Queen_Elincia

LOL Vamp. That might be a bit advanced right now.

Considering most of his mug is spliced, it should be easier to splice it. The problem is not having beta Forde hair, which might require the custom minimug method, though you could just as easily get away with something like splicing Ephraim and Gilliam or someone to get the same look. Honestly, I suggest avoiding heavy customing as much as possible until you're entirely comfortable with splicing. Builds a better foundation.

@QE - Have you referenced the minimugs? Depending, the style may or may not choose to show any indication of the nose. The mini is extremely messy; you need to clean up and shade accordingly still. You can't just resize and call it finished.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

@QE - Have you referenced the minimugs? Depending on the version of the games, the style may or may not choose to show any indication of the nose. The mini is extremely messy; you need to clean up and shade accordingly still. You can't just resize and call it finished.

Of course this is true :^_^: I didnt finish it cleaning it up and shading it completely but I was just showing him a way of making the mini mug. I think his nose needs to be edited out since mini mugs dont have noses.

QE, the entire minimug you made is choppy, and the shading is messed up because of the resizing in many places. Honestly, he should just splice a minimug. What's so hard about doing that?

If someone can tell me where I can find FE6/7/8 Minimugs that would be really helpful. I have the big portraits but none of the minis. reference would definitely help.

Anyways, I read deranger's post earlier, so tried out the method he linked too and did a few shading fixes, no harm in trying.

kensouchibi.png

I'm sure there are other issues, but what is standing out most to me is the right eye, something really looks wrong shading wise.

EDIT: Woah, new posts while I was typing. Minimugs don't have noses do they? I never payed attention to that.

Edited by Zeo

I mopped up that nose and got rid of some of the face shading. Yeah, looking at the other mugs it looked really out of place.

kensouchibi2.png

Might not be the best shading wise, but putting it near the other mini's after this, it did fit in more. I noticed some darker shades for eyes so I might go that route. Also.. even by mini standards.. it seems a bit small, is the size right?

bcbf86692abcde61286c1a2ee420a681.png

A mini is 32x32 px. Generally, the way you want to do it is to put your mug in a hack box, then select the 64x64 section where the head is located. However, I usually just shrink the whole thing down about 50%, then select a 32x32 section myself.

Example: spliced Astol, Sain, and Matthew, custom shrunk the hair and sized/edited to fit.

Splicing the minis... how did I not think of that? And 32x32, I thought I did but it turned out to be 29x31, I'll fix that right up.

Ok, I'll try that method next.

I started to do the portrait on a whim. Or rather when I logged in the only post there was debunkers, so I just looked at the youtube vid and immediately started working on it following what the guy did without looking at any alternatives.

When I said how did I not think of that I was referring to when I first asked what method I should follow as I had basically no idea how I was going to do it.

EDIT: Sigrun?! What happened to my Nolan avatar?... bah.

Edited by Zeo

Oh, the lower half of your mug is missing border color, btw.

Also, the banner/pips change randomly, so you never quite know when you'll end up with something else. I'm rather pleased with my Vika one. Much better than MAKALOV. D8