[FE8] Sacred Stones Command Draft

riariadne

Original idea by Anouleth. I thought of the specifics only.

-This is an FE8 Draft for 4 people. Seth is banned. Everyone else is free.

-Hard Mode, naturally.

-Attack, Wait, and Seize are free.

-Door is free in Chapter 8, Chapter 9 Ephraim, and Chapter 14 both routes, but only for doors you must pass through.

-You CAN use undrafted commands, if you want to take a 10 turn penalty.

List of commands:

Staff

Dance

Steal

Door

Chest

Pick

Break

Visit

Trade

Convoy

Rescue

Item

Summon

Support

{n-map shop

Talk

If I forgot any, please tell me.

Shops are free, but you have to steal the Member Card due to the rules, so it's unlikely you'll use Secret. Also, you can do anything on the World Map except skirmishes (and Tower and Ruins which I shouldn't have to say but Emerald insists ¬_¬) , and trading/convoy/items are okay outside of the fights themselves.

Draftees:

-Luka Megurine: Staves, Trade, Dance, Summon

-Royal Ludroth: Chest, Support, Convoy, In-Map Shop

-Joerachi: Talk, Item, Break, Door

-Second Pronoun: Rescue, Visit, Steal, Pick

Go go go?

Edited by Luka Megurine

Reconfigured a few things. I'd also like to specify you can do anything on the World Map except skirmishes and stuff, and trading/convoy/items are okay outside of the fights themselves.

you could just ban attack (except for demon king)

I'll be adding my voice to the people saying Attack should be free, since there are enemies (other than healers) that will never attack your units on the enemy phase.

I'll personally join if attack is free. I don't feel like joining a draft that is an auto win or loss.

Just noticed above that Pronoun Ninja'd my spot. Maybe the last draft pick is shared between the third and fourth person just to keep an even 16 spots.

Edited by RedNeck Holsety

Attack is not auto-win. I'm pretty sure that there are other commands, like Rescue, Staff, Talk, and Item that have just as strong an effect on the game as Attack. In efficient play, so much activity is enemy phase anyway.

Although, there are some enemies that will probably need Attack command to kill. There is a Troubadour in C13 Eph Route and two in Ch15, as well as an Eclipse Shaman. The Demon King attacks at 1-3 range, so he should also be free to attack. Also, Gorgons and their Eggs in Chapter 18.

Edited by Anouleth

The problem with Attack not being free is that there are enemies that will not attack your units not matter what you do. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are some of the reinforcement Revenants in Chapter 4, but I know there are others.

I think I completely underestimated Attack, yeah. You can really kill anything without it, but as soon as you get to stuff you can't ORKO Attack separates everyone. I'll be making attack free and making in-map shops a draft pick.

So here have a randomized list...

list.png

... Oh lol.

I'll take Staff.

And to confirm in case it is asked, Snake draft of course (1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1)

Edited by Luka Megurine

I know right.

It'll probably look really underwhelming actually with only 4 picks each.

I think it would potentially be better in games like FE10 with a lot of commands, but I wasn't sure how much this could escalate the difficulty level so Sacred Stones was my go-to.

Edited by Luka Megurine

The problem with Attack not being free is that there are enemies that will not attack your units not matter what you do. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are some of the reinforcement Revenants in Chapter 4, but I know there are others.

Really? I can't think of any, and certainly not in Rout maps. I know that I leant very heavily on enemy phase. Maybe the Chapter 13 Brigands?

Really? I can't think of any, and certainly not in Rout maps. I know that I leant very heavily on enemy phase. Maybe the Chapter 13 Brigands?

I distinctly remember those Revenants (and some in the Tower too, but that's irrelevant here) not aggroing consistently (at least in Hard Mode).

Actually now that I think about it, any Brigands/Pirates/Thieves in a chapter with Villages/Chests will need to be dealt with on the Player Phase.

I distinctly remember those Revenants (and some in the Tower too, but that's irrelevant here) not aggroing consistently (at least in Hard Mode).

Actually now that I think about it, any Brigands/Pirates/Thieves in a chapter with Villages/Chests will need to be dealt with on the Player Phase.

Fortunately, there are very few Rout maps with either. Sometimes they're willing to attack your units: I think that the ones in Chapter 13 Eph. are programmed to do so.

I remember hearing that one of the Revenants wouldn't attack on Turn 5 but would afterwards.

Edited by Anouleth