(FE10) Standard Penalties Draft

He would obviously have to be 3rd tier to pull it. =P Otherwise he wouldn't be able to proc Deadeye or a critical. Lughnasadg really helps Leo's AS/Avo.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can work with Jill And Leonardo perfectly fine. He just needs to feed the kills at every present opportunity. If Raven is benching him early, he might as well just end up using him as a support-bot for Jill.

The best thing to do right now is have Leo cap HP, Skill and Res as quickly as possible, then go ahead and BEXP him to lvl 20/promotion. In Part 3 he can be an excellent Beastfoe/Vantage user. He can terrorize those laguz with his mighty Crossbow under the influnce of Beastfoe. I've always wondered if it was possible to get him to solo 3-13 and kill Ike.

This is almost exactly what I thought in my last draft, except I had Nolan instead of Jill. Micaiah, Sothe and even Nolan were all competing for bexp, and Leonardo barely had any chance to get any exp for himself, so he fell behind fast. He got maybe a couple attacks in per chapter, and obviously he never killed anything by himself. Even if 3-6 with Beastfoe he wasn't that good since he had crap durability and evasion. Jill should definitely be the one doing the heavy lifting in 3-6 and 3-13, but if you try to keep Leonardo up to speed, it won't work out quite as well.

Well, you see...there's the problem. Sothe and probably not even Micaiah should be ever needing BEXP. Micaiah will most likely serve as a healer forever if you care about turncounts. But if you want to train Leo, you will have to sacrifice using her a combat unit (She can still heal well at base level). Sothe doesn't even need a drop of BEXP.

Well, you see...there's the problem. Sothe and probably not even Micaiah should be ever needing BEXP. Micaiah will most likely serve as a healer forever if you care about turncounts. But if you want to train Leo, you will have to sacrifice using her a combat unit (She can still heal well at base level). Sothe doesn't even need a drop of BEXP.

What happened to feeding Micaiah kills and bexp so that she could become a decent combat unit using Resolve?

Let's compare training Micaiah vs. Leonardo for a couple chapters.

In 1-6-1, a trained Micaiah can deal with the armour knights near the start of the chapter, plus Pegasus knight reinforcements. Leonardo can't deal with the knights at all, can, only take down one peg knight per turn, and won't be able to keep up with Sothe and Jill.

In 1-8, Micaiah can handle the northern or southern groups of enemies. Leonardo is almost completely worthless here against the fast and durable enemies.

In 1-9, a trained Micaiah can shave off 3-4 from the generic 8-turn start. (see one of Xander's recent runs). Leo obviously does nothing.

In 1-E, a trained Micaiah will survive enemies more easily when she gets dropped off near the seize point. Even a promoted Leonardo won't have a chance at doubling or doing much damage at all to most of the enemies here.

Sothe does want a bit of bexp to boost his durability. Again, refer to Xander's awesome completion of 1-E. But most of the bexp should be going to Micaiah and Jill. Even in my run, with Nolan, there was just barely enough to have Leo reach 20/1 for 3-6, and I wasted a lot of time on 1-8 onward because I had a crappy Micaiah.

I like Leonardo. He's served me well each time I have used him. Granted I haven't done a FE10 draft before, I think it will be fine. I have confidence in how I can use him.

Speaking from experience, I've gotten Jill to 3rd tier for 3-13 in two drafts, both Hard mode. Adding in Leonardo alongside Micaiah and Sothe for a Normal mode draft shouldn't be hard as long as Raven focuses enough kills into them. Just make sure that in the event you have to choose between kills/resources/etc. for Jill or Leonardo, choose Jill as there will never be a point in the game where Leonardo outperforms Jill until possibly (and only possibly) 4-E-3.

Jill is likely the best draftee for the DB part 3. Don't blow it.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

What happened to feeding Micaiah kills and bexp so that she could become a decent combat unit using Resolve?

Let's compare training Micaiah vs. Leonardo for a couple chapters.

In 1-6-1, a trained Micaiah can deal with the armour knights near the start of the chapter, plus Pegasus knight reinforcements. Leonardo can't deal with the knights at all, can, only take down one peg knight per turn, and won't be able to keep up with Sothe and Jill.

In 1-8, Micaiah can handle the northern or southern groups of enemies. Leonardo is almost completely worthless here against the fast and durable enemies.

In 1-9, a trained Micaiah can shave off 3-4 from the generic 8-turn start. (see one of Xander's recent runs). Leo obviously does nothing.

In 1-E, a trained Micaiah will survive enemies more easily when she gets dropped off near the seize point. Even a promoted Leonardo won't have a chance at doubling or doing much damage at all to most of the enemies here.

Sothe does want a bit of bexp to boost his durability. Again, refer to Xander's awesome completion of 1-E. But most of the bexp should be going to Micaiah and Jill. Even in my run, with Nolan, there was just barely enough to have Leo reach 20/1 for 3-6, and I wasted a lot of time on 1-8 onward because I had a crappy Micaiah.

Most, if not all of those instances require a speed-blessed Micaiah. The average Micaiah wouldn't be able to double or survive any of those without taking big risks. All Micaiah canreally offer you naturally is killing Knights at 1-3, 6 and maybe E. She doesn't even need much training to Thanibomb, so why waste your resources on a unit that won't make much of a difference when trained? At least Leonardo will have his uses in Part 3 & 4.

Most, if not all of those instances require a speed-blessed Micaiah. The average Micaiah wouldn't be able to double or survive any of those without taking big risks. All Micaiah canreally offer you naturally is killing Knights at 1-3, 6 and maybe E. She doesn't even need much training to Thanibomb, so why waste your resources on a unit that won't make much of a difference when trained? At least Leonardo will have his uses in Part 3 & 4.

A trained Micaiah is extremely helpful in Part 4 with Resolve and Miracle, boasting good offense and durability. She doesn't require that many resources, either. Just some Part 1 BEXP/CEXP, quite a bit of BEXP at the start of 4-P, and maybe a Speedwings. Plus, having Micaiah able to contribute can save turns late in Part 1.

I'm just saying she doesn't need to consume any resources to be of help. If Leo is being trained, you might as well sacrifice the BEXP you'd be giving her.

I'm just saying she doesn't need to consume any resources to be of help. If Leo is being trained, you might as well sacrifice the BEXP you'd be giving her.

Except she does need resources, and I'd imagine a trained Micaiah would be more useful than a trained Leonardo outside of Part 3.

I feel sorry for Integ. He gets the last pick.

I'm debating the merits of handling that this way: After Ulki picks his eighth character, working from Integrity up for the last pick.

On one hand, it makes it fairer for the later drafters, since what makes snake drafting fair (among other things) is that the last drafter gets first choice of the last characters, while the ones near the top who get the best units also have to settle for the worst units.

On the other hand, the people near the top probably won't think this is fair at all and/or have the impression that I'm only doing this because I'm near the bottom of the list.

Thoughts?

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Except she does need resources, and I'd imagine a trained Micaiah would be more useful than a trained Leonardo outside of Part 3.

What do you mean by "need" exactly? For most of my drafts, I haven't even trained her in combat. Just healing.

But yeah, I don't know what I was thinking to say a trained Leo > Trained Micaiah. I think Raven can train Leo along with Jill and Micaiah perfectly fine.

Give me Lyre. 8D

To resume that, I wholeheartedly support reversing the draft order for the last set. The snake should always end back at #1 since he gets the single best so he should also get the collectively-decided worst.

Of course, I stand to benefit most soooo :P

I could just say the same thing, except opposite. In fact, that's what I have been saying. Give Leo's bexp to Micaiah (and well as Jill and Sothe).

Also, where is Leonardo saving a ton of turns past 1-4? I just gave a bunch of instances where Micaiah saves one to three turns per chapter, and even if you can shoot some of them down, it's still a lot more than what Leonardo does. And like I've said before, Leonardo still isn't amazingly good in 3-6 due to durability and movement issues, he's junk in 3-12, and pointless in 3-13 as well since Raven has Jill, who will probably be third tier by then.

When Part 4 rolls around, a trained Micaiah with Resolve can deal with the Paladin enemies in 4-P as well as help out in 4-3. That's pretty good considering Leonardo, with only 1-range and rather poor stats, will be limited in his abilities even after you've dumped a lot of bexp on him.

Edited by Yuglyoshi

I could just say the same thing, except opposite. In fact, that's what I have been saying. Give Leo's bexp to Micaiah (and well as Jill and Sothe).

Also, where is Leonardo saving a ton of turns past 1-4? I just gave a bunch of instances where Micaiah saves one to three turns per chapter, and even if you can shoot some of them down, it's still a lot more than what Leonardo does. And like I've said before, Leonardo still isn't amazingly good in 3-6 due to durability and movement issues, he's junk in 3-12, and pointless in 3-13 as well since Raven has Jill, who will probably be third tier by then.

When Part 4 rolls around, a trained Micaiah with Resolve can deal with the Paladin enemies in 4-P as well as help out in 4-3. That's pretty good considering Leonardo, with only 1-range and rather poor stats, will be limited in his abilities even after you've dumped a lot of bexp on him.

being wronged by something I already know makes me go: >8[

I'm debating the merits of handling that this way: After Ulki picks his eighth character, working from Integrity up for the last pick.

On one hand, it makes it fairer for the later drafters, since what makes snake drafting fair (among other things) is that the last drafter gets first choice of the last characters, while the ones near the top who get the best units also have to settle for the worst units.

On the other hand, the people near the top probably won't think this is fair at all and/or have the impression that I'm only doing this because I'm near the bottom of the list.

Thoughts?

I'm in the middle of the list, so I am okay either way. :awesome:. (I agree)

Edited by Juliet