(FE10) Draft EX

Junkhead

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

III. Excellen Browning (Life as representative drafter) - Titania, Janaff, Aran, Heather, Kieran, Tormod, Lucia, Kyza, Renning.

Thats far from shitty.

Well it's not that good either, he's screwed for the desert with no 2 range and he only has a total of 9 units to work with in the beggining of part 4.

Titania: Supposedly she's the top of high or top tier, I forget which one, but I really really dislike Cavaliers in this game. She's the best one hands down, though.I'm probably gonna try to promote her as soon as I possibly can. Or feed her a speedwing or something. I have really no idea how this game is played efficiently.

She's only really limited in 3-4 (and you have other units to handle the top, anyway), 3-7 (it's Defend, so who cares) and 4-4 (but can still take the east). She shouldn't even need a Speedwing due to NM's increased BEXP and lower doubling thresholds.

Janaff: NEVER used Laguz outside of herons, Volug, the dragons and royals in this game. Let's see how this guy performs. I think this guy will do a desert map or something.

He flies and has great stats. Gauge and lack of 2-range do suck a little, but they're easily worked around.

Aran: Joins and is subpar. Has in previous PT's always stayed subpar. I'll see how he does, but I suspect I'll be relying Sothe a lot more, even come part 3.

Again, NM's increased BEXP should easily make him good enough for Part 3, and great once he caps Str/Skl/Def and can BEXP Speed.

Heather: Stealing and chest opening has decreased value in a draft as the number of items you want becomes significantly smaller. What's left is a mediocre combat unit. Also not pleased about having to take a second knife user to endgame.

I don't have much to say about Heather (never used her seriously), but her high avoid and good proc chances with Adept and crit-forges are her strong points. Thief utility is kinda low on the ground in this game, though.

Kyza: Never having used Laguz in this game also applies to this guy.

He does want an Energy Ring and Speedwing, along with another point or two of Strength, but he's pretty decent considering.

Renning: Another Cav and this one waits till endgame to join me. He has decent bases I suppose, access to Amiti and of course Earth affinity, so I guess he'll be alright.

Unfortunately, Amiti is locked to Elincia, so he won't be able to use it. He's really just extra damage for Endgame, but he's alright.

. Besides, it's not as though I can win, since someone has Haar (although the rest of Vicious Sal's team isn't that threatening, I suppose).

Ha, you overestimate me. This is like my third PT of RD, and my first ever FE restricted playthrough (not counting PoR NM without Titania, because lol PoR NM) My last NM playthrough of this game ended in 430-some turns. I wouldn't really consider myself a contender for first. Or top three. Or, hell, top six. Currently I'm working on finishing Raise the Standard 1 in a reasonable timeframe without doing something stupid.

Edited by Duke Tanas

Ulki: Better than Janaff for RD drafts in my opinion, due to higher avoid and proc chances with higher speed. I'd like to avoid having to give him Adept, to get his strike up, but we'll see what happens.

I've never actually used either in a draft, and although this isn't the topic for it, I don't see how Ulki beats Janaff in (NM) drafts when Janaff's avoid isn't problematic even on HM...And I'm not sure about NM, but I know on HM Janaff's extra Str is the difference that gives him some ORKOs.

But if you prefer Ulki, that works, seeing as that's the one you got :P: .

Rolf: I guess Red Fox thought I needed an early Part 3 unit? At least Bowguns exist, his stats aren't that bad, and he'll be great come Endgame. Still, no good 1-range for most of the game is going to hurt.

Pretty much. I've never actually used a Sniper in a draft (closest is Astrid in this game), so I don't know if it was the best choice, but it seemed good at the time.

Danved: A unit I've never used seriously, but he should be good with some BEXP. I'll have to look at his and Astrid's growths to decide when would be best to give them BEXP.

Astrid: I'm not expecting much of anything from her until 3-11 comes around, where she can get some BEXP. Still, her growths are pretty bad for BEXP levels if I recall correctly, but she should be decent in Part 4.

I felt odd drafting two mediocre CRK units but it seemed like you needed help with part 4, so...

Volke: I love using him, and he can double Auras without Nasir. I nice last pick, in my opinion.

Also so that, if you plan ahead, you may be able to do the double Rescue all the way across the sky and 1 turn 4-5.

Desert's the only part I was really disappointed with. No magic except Micaiah and only Laguz to run around. But I'm sure if you use Ulki and Volug it can work out.

I've never actually used either in a draft, and although this isn't the topic for it, I don't see how Ulki beats Janaff in (NM) drafts when Janaff's avoid isn't problematic even on HM...And I'm not sure about NM, but I know on HM Janaff's extra Str is the difference that gives him some ORKOs.

I've used Janaff in the Tellius Draft, and his avoid, while good, wasn't quite at the 'practically invincible' level. Although I guess Crossbows will cause Ulki some problems as well. Janaff's higher strength is a boon, too...

I felt odd drafting two mediocre CRK units but it seemed like you needed help with part 4, so...

Yeah, I'm not worried about Part 4 aside from the desert.

Desert's the only part I was really disappointed with. No magic except Micaiah and only Laguz to run around. But I'm sure if you use Ulki and Volug it can work out.

I'm wondering if it's practical to send Micaiah down the middle.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I did my warming up today and learnt I don't remember any of the loweturning strategies I used for my HM run. I think it's time to look up some DD151 movies.

Per example, I can't seem to 5 turn prologue even ...

Edited by Excelkitty

I've used Janaff in the Tellius Draft, and his avoid, while good, wasn't quite at the 'practically invincible' level. Although I guess Crossbows will cause Ulki some problems as well. Janaff's higher strength is a boon, too...

Yeah, I'm not worried about Part 4 aside from the desert.

I'm wondering if it's practical to send Micaiah down the middle.

I sent Mic down the middle once, Sothe, as a Level 1 whisper can deal with the north, he only has to Bane Kill the Draco there. The rest is easily EP suiciding. Resolve Mic cleared Mid for me before Bk was around. So yeah, she can. ;)

Sothe, as a Level 1 whisper can deal with the north, he only has to Bane Kill the Draco there. The rest is easily EP suiciding.

Lol he can barely 3HKO, he is also very frail, and micaiah would like her avoid boost.

Lol he can barely 3HKO, he is also very frail, and micaiah would like her avoid boost.

Micaiah's not going to get her avoid boost regardless due to the movement penalties Sothe takes. He moves half as far as she does each turn.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Dude, I did it in my last NM draft...

Also, he 4HKO's, but the amount in the north is so low that he can handle it, He can heal on PP and does the rest EP. He doubles naturally, and his str growth is 60 %. So he probly caps during Rogue. Anyway... It's not hard for him, and as said before sothe won't get a support boost, Mic is to far away.

Im at 3-1 and i have it all logged. Ill post the rest of part 1, part 2 and 3-p later today or tomorrow.

EDIT- wow oscar is a beast...

Edited by PegKnightLover

Dude, I did it in my last NM draft...

Also, he 4HKO's, but the amount in the north is so low that he can handle it, He can heal on PP and does the rest EP. He doubles naturally, and his str growth is 60 %. So he probly caps during Rogue. Anyway... It's not hard for him, and as said before sothe won't get a support boost, Mic is to far away.

I'm not buying it though, I mean everytime i have let him take care of it he dies. He even has adept and forges but he just rolls over and dies, and thats with miccy in support range. I mean he has to take care of 2 figthers, a wyvern rider, a halberdier with javelin, and possibly 2 bow users along with perhaps a crossbow figther whose path always seems to vary. Oh and lets not forget tha mage user along with the possibility of being targeted by the sleep staff. Sothe just shouldn't be relied on in this chapter.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

I'm not buying it though, I mean everytime i have let him take care of it he dies. He even has adept and forges but he just rolls over and dies, and thats with miccy in support range. I mean he has to take care of 2 figthers, a wyvern rider, a halberdier with javelin, and possibly 2 bow users along with perhaps a crossbow figther whose path always seems to vary. Oh and lets not forget tha mage user along with the possibility of being targeted by the sleep staff. Sothe just shouldn't be relied on in this chapter.

Believe it or not, my sothe (this is after the battle, he started level 1: Sothe LV 3 EXP 76 HP 44 Str 26 Mag 14 Etc 30 34 30 22 20 ) easily disposed them, he had only adept and maybe daunt or something. Silver Knives iirc were a clean 4HKO on the snipers and 3HKO on mage, 4HKO on short spear, and the fighters have horrid hit. He only needs to bane kill the draco. Then get foe, send it to convoy, and heal each turn so he can kill them. It's easily done in 6 turns, only thing to rig is the draco.

You don't have to believe it, but it's true, but this is getting offtopic, so this'll be my last post about the subject. ;)

Im at 3-1 and i have it all logged. Ill post the rest of part 1, part 2 and 3-p later today or tomorrow.

EDIT- wow oscar is a beast...

I've been trying to get oscar in my past couple drafts, he always seems to go very high in round 2. & I never get him :(

Believe it or not, my sothe (this is after the battle, he started level 1: Sothe LV 3 EXP 76 HP 44 Str 26 Mag 14 Etc 30 34 30 22 20 ) easily disposed them, he had only adept and maybe daunt or something. Silver Knives iirc were a clean 4HKO on the snipers and 3HKO on mage, 4HKO on short spear, and the fighters have horrid hit. He only needs to bane kill the draco. Then get foe, send it to convoy, and heal each turn so he can kill them. It's easily done in 6 turns, only thing to rig is the draco.

You don't have to believe it, but it's true, but this is getting offtopic, so this'll be my last post about the subject. ;)

How is that off-topic?

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned it's on topic because it's discussing draft strategies, in particular what you do and what others may be planning to do in this very draft.

Hmmm... Nope I'm still not buying it, I mean sothe is just not going to be doing much he is far too frail to be taking on 2 figthers a Draco and a javelin halberdier. Bane on draco is not the only thing to be rigging as even a 50% hit is going to be hitting Sothe reliably. The figthers do not have horrible hit, lets not forget lvl1 sothe has ~87 percent hit, while enemies have hit range from 135-150. Thats hit rates that range from 48-63%. Its far too dangerous for Sothe to be there alone. No one should be relying on him since he requires extreme luck.

Hmmm... Nope I'm still not buying it, I mean sothe is just not going to be doing much he is far too frail to be taking on 2 figthers a Draco and a javelin halberdier. Bane on draco is not the only thing to be rigging as even a 50% hit is going to be hitting Sothe reliably. The figthers do not have horrible hit, lets not forget lvl1 sothe has ~87 percent hit, while enemies have hit range from 135-150. Thats hit rates that range from 48-63%. Its far too dangerous for Sothe to be there alone. No one should be relying on him since he requires extreme luck.

It depends on how long he needs, really. Sal did say to heal him on player phase, so as long as he doesn't take too much at once he should be able to pull it off in time. And any times where he doesn't get hit he can just use his player phase for extra attacks.

It depends on how long he needs, really. Sal did say to heal him on player phase, so as long as he doesn't take too much at once he should be able to pull it off in time. And any times where he doesn't get hit he can just use his player phase for extra attacks.

Eh i suppose, i just have to much bad PE, ofcourse i know PEMN.