Various Spritey Requests

Crimson Red

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@seph urgh it's STILL not fixed? man, how many stupid one pixel errors am I going to get in my lifetime... yes please do that and the chibi if possible (or at least the chibi)

@Dr.Sholes

c42bbb96153e4e4f1513c0e002191c21.png

See the tome there? It's too dark for my liking. I want a light tome that is bright and holy-looking and whatnot, like all the other light tomes. And I can't remember if it's okay to edit his weapon icon so I'd just do it from scratch with a new design to be safe ._.

EDIT1: Minor post fix

EDIT2: Just saw the Cleave Axe. That. Is. AWESOME!!! I approve. Just credit as "Warg" or what?

And now I just need Aether Axe, Ultimatum, and the portrait fix. I think. I'm sure I'll have more in the future as I continue to try and perfect things for my hax...

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Eh the chibi still needs some work... still doesn't look as authentic as GBA ones, like it has the nose and the eyes don't look too good. Armor at bottom left looks pillow shaded. ._. sorrry, thanks for fixing the blinking frame problem though

@Warg thanks

See the tome there? It's too dark for my liking. I want a light tome that is bright and holy-looking and whatnot, like all the other light tomes. And I can't remember if it's okay to edit his weapon icon so I'd just do it from scratch with a new design to be safe ._.

Is it really so hard to scroll up and see the bit where I specifically said that you can edit it if you want?

The hair seems a bit weird, I think it sticks out a little too much on the left side and doesn't accurately reflect the shape and shading enough. And the smile should be straight, not curved--Siegfried actually rarely smiles (for various reasons).

Sorry for being so nitpicky, it's just that I really want this well-done so no one can ever complain about it (not that anyone HAS complained about it, I just know that it has room for improvement).

And whoever does it, fix that tiny error in his blinking frames while you're at it o 3 o

It's one pixel, totally should be fixed.

It's more than one pixel. But I fixed that a long time ago. There was also an orange spec in the armor trim that shows on the talking frames.

Straw-Hat here just has a habit of misplacing or forgetting about updates that I give him. Even when he asks for them.

As for the chibi. All it really needed was the face edited to look like '_'

Which arguably he could just come to me for.

See, this was the last update I gave him. Compare it to the one he showed.

SiegfriedTouchUps.png

Edited by Rian Mahariel

And the winner is... Dr. Sholes! His last update came out pretty much how I wanted it. Thanks to everyone though XD

@Dr. Sholes I think the whitish border clashes too much with the book, try referencing the existent tomes maybe so that it conforms more to the GBA style? And the two + things at the top look like eyes XD

@Rian you say you don't do chibis when I mention them... lol whatever...

@jealousy it's not bad but I feel like the head is so much bigger--especially in width--than the other ones and doesn't as accurately reflect the actual shape of his head. Sorry yo.

I also came up with 3 more requests, this time chibi requests. They need chibis like how the GBAFE's did it though the resize method is fine so much as long as the face has been attempted to use the same style (with the two eyes for lines, flat mouth, no nose, etc.), though the rest of the image should be touched up after the resizing of course. Here are the portraits: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8875056/hacking/Chibis%20Needed.zip

I won't be as picky with quality control as I was with Siegfried but if you can get it at least as good then that'd be great. XP Oh and if you're going to do it, make a post ahead of time so no one else tries to do it too. I hate having to turn down sprites just cuz they aren't as good as other ones... I'm too susceptible to a guilty conscience

@Rian you say you don't do chibis when I mention them... lol whatever...

Well Siegfried's chibi only required small edits. The rest of it was quite nice. But I look forward to the day when Chibis are no longer used and Mini-Portraits are put in their place.

Also Jealousy's is the best by far IMO.

@Dr. Sholes I think the whitish border clashes too much with the book, try referencing the existent tomes maybe so that it conforms more to the GBA style? And the two + things at the top look like eyes XD

Good point, I hadn't noticed that before. I'll get on that.

Also Jealousy's is the best by far IMO.

Blasphemy... :P:

EDIT: I think I know why I didn't notice the tome problem before. For some reason when I tried to save it the dark outline turned white. :dry:

The%252520real%252520tome.PNG

See what I mean?

Edited by Dr.Sholes

Eh I'm sorry, this isn't what I'm looking for. It'd a solid sprite but it looks just like a beserker with a bigger axe and a bandit's head. Also I should have mentioned and would have had I not forgot that I had even requested this publiclythat someone else is currently attempting the marauder.

But thanks anyhow, it's definitely not a bad sprite, it's just simple. XP

• 1 month later...

Bump; I need some chibi help. It's pretty much just making a chibi based off of a full-sized portrait. I don't mind if you do the resize-and-fix method as long as the fixes are adequate. If it's just a resize and still has its nose and a messy outline etc. then... well, I could do that much myself and wouldn't be asking for help XP

Would reaaaaaaally appreciate it. Here are 3 of the chibis:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8875056/hacking/Chibis%20Needed.zip

The other one is this guy:

HoltonFormat.png

Who has a chibi, but of bad quality. In other words, a revamp is needed. XP