(FE7) FE7 HNM Auction Draft

Whitefang

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidequest chapter turns (should) count, but I'm thinking it would be prudent to allow meatshielding in 13x. It's Defend, so no one's shaving turns, and there's a bunch of chokepoints to guard with not a lot of units to do so.

No, you can't end 13x early. If you have only Marcus and Hector, it might be possible to guard the south area (Yeah, it's dondon's strategy). You need to rescue Merlinus with Lowen and have all your undrafteds rescue each other. I'll check it out and see if I can beat it with just Marcus and Hector, then report back.

I just did 13x with a low-leveled Hector. The strategy does require a bit of cleverness, but I don't see a need to allow meatshielding. All it would do is let you grab the cash with Marcus, and I want to reward anyone who can afford to send someone to the village.

How's this compromise?

If you want to get the 5k village, you cannot meatshield (you must take a penalty if you do). Otherwise, you may meatshield (no counterattacking allowed, obviously).

The AI is stupid, and does not try to go around the river.

Unless you put a unit in range, of course, but that shouldn't happen, there's plenty of room.

I was referring to the fact that enemies come from the southeast, southwest and north, but then realized that by going east a little it could be possible to choke the southwest and north with one unit.

I was referring to the fact that enemies come from the southeast, southwest and north, but then realized that by going east a little it could be possible to choke the southwest and north with one unit.

I'm a bit confused.

13x.PNG

Columns are labeled A through Q

Rows are labeled starting at the bottom with 1. I'll try to illustrate that on the map.

I put Hector at H4 (and moved him to H3 to reduce damage intake).

Marcus went to P2 (after the reinforcements were done at start of turn 5, he could go back and help out Hector. Heck, I might have been able to send him up to the village).

The AI will not attack from the west if you keep your units out of range. Having them rescue each other is a big help, and Matthew using a torch will let you make sure.

Edited by Whitefang

They aren't in hard mode, but they all raid the island and attack from above, with the exception of a bandit. Unless there are fewer enemies in normal mode than hard mode.

Yes, I guess so, if not then they appear from nowhere. For example, ch. 12 has 12 enemies at turn 1 in HNM. Whereas in HHM they're about 20 if my calculations don't deceive me.

Never saw a portal about FE in spanish. :XD:

Edited by Quintessence

In Hard Mode, there is one bandit that you have to kill (the rest will attack the snag and try to pile into the island). In Normal Mode, the southwest is empty.

http://www.fireemble...fe7/cap13xh.htm

Ninja'd

That map is really sparsely populated for the first couple turns in NM.

I'll be getting through this, just for the first chapter. :lol:

Chapter 11: 8 Turns :awesome:

- Matthew opened the door that leads to south east, Hector solo'd the map, however letting two archers and a soldier alive to save turns. Hector got nice levels, but I've been thinking that RNG is predetermined for the first chapter in NM, at least in LNM and HNM; haven't calculated in ENM.

Unit    Class   Level  Hp Str Skl Spd Luck Def Res Weapon Level Support
                         Mag
Hector   Lord   03.91  21   9   5   7   4    9  1      Axe C

Edited by Quintessence

So Quintessence, did you discover an unpleasant surprise like you feared from my picks?

Umm, well, to be honest I have no idea of your picks Fionor. Maybe you'll get stunned by seeing my picks. I don't even know if pick is an appropriate term to define bidding since I picked so many of them and got a few. :sob:

Hector got nice levels, but I've been thinking that RNG is predetermined for the first chapter in NM, at least in LNM and HNM; haven't calculated in ENM.

Yup, I believe you are right that the RNG is always the same when you start out.

Since a few of you asked, I'm waiting for bids on 2 characters, but then I need to get everyone's bid for the last 3 characters, so we should be wrapped up soon.

Ninian & Nils (10 Points) - Yay Dancer. Ten points was a deal.

Kent (21 Points) - I needed a cav, and Sain and Lowen were already gone...

Eliwood (1 Point) - He's actually pretty good in Normal mode (especially after promotion) so lol1point.

Isadora (20 Points) - Two Paladins, not bad.

Hawkeye (6 Points) - He was later in the draft, so I got him for cheap. Probably because people wanted...

Pent (14 Points) - Warppaloozah for the win. His offence is pretty awesome as well.

I had 28 leftover points :facepalm: I could have got a flier and another filler unit.

Edited by General_Horace