(FE7) FE7 HNM Auction Draft

Whitefang

I'm pondering sending in my own bids just to see where my evaluations would lie compared to those actually partaking.

Since I would probably confuse the host though, maybe I shouldn't...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will post all the results once the bidding is complete, so don't worry.

Edit: Unless of course a participant does not want their bid revealed. I would honor that desire.

Edited by Whitefang

I hate to do this, but I must. If randombobman posts within 12 hours ( by noon EST), he can remain in this draft. If he has a busy schedule and can't update in the near future, he can elect to have someone draft for him by proxy.

If he does not log in, his spot is up for grabs, with priority going to anyone who has posted in this thread.

I just hope that he's ok and has simply been unable to log in for a while.

One spot is now available.

Edited by Whitefang

I see no one has taken my spot? Sorry for the absence. I suppose I should have mentioned I work long hours and often have limited access to internet. However, now that you have the list up, I may do some advance bidding. With the weekend almost here, I will have a lot more time to draft. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope i can still participate? :o:

Can I recommend you allow people to make conditional orders in their advanced bidding, e.g. anything from 'If I win Serra, then I'll bid 6 for Nino' up to 'If I win Rath for less than 12, I'll bid 8 for Jaffar, otherwise if I win Rath for more I'll bid 6 for Jaffar. If I lose Rath, I'll bid 4 for Jaffar and 9 for Rebecca'

It might look a bit complicated, but with a list of who's coming, it simply lets people express their thoughts in words which is especially useful for those away for long periods. When it actually comes around to it, all you (as the host) need to do is look for the string which matches what's happened, and process that. I use these for a game I'm hosting all the time and it's pretty easy to keep up.

Edit: Also, if you don't want to delete a save file, you can make a copy of the ROM and rename it. Then copy the original's save data and rename it to the same name as the new ROM (with whatever extra bits it adds) - this wouldn't be necessary, except you need HNM unlocked.

Edited by Tableskitty

A list with the total bids would require much more work because no one knows the bid of the other drafter and anyone can't make a sure list of bids. As it's one by one, the list would be more susceptible for changes, therefore, it would need more attention.

Besides, drafting has taken some time and is going in slow pace. By this day we would be almost at mid list. Are there any notifications Whitefang? I suggest the haven't bid drafters to bid, or resort to the total bid mentioned list.

If someone still hasn't sent in their bids, I say they should be replaced.

Yes, this is the problem.

I agree, and I tried to get a replacement once already. I'm opening up Bob's spot again.

When you sign up, please send me your bids for at least Farina and Priscilla.

Am i supposed to send all of my bids? I've been sending just one waiting on PMs for who is up now.

No, the problem is that Randombobman didn't bid when he logged in to reclaim his spot. I was hoping he would be available during the weekend, but it seems he isn't.

I put an advertisement in FFTF so that it would appear on the new topics section on the main forum page. Hopefully this will draw attention to any interested party.

Edited by Whitefang

I know I'm throwing a lot of "Up next" characters at you guys, but feel free to go at your own pace. Bidding on multiple characters just helps speed up the process. If I suggest 5 characters but your bids are contingent on what happens with the first 3, then just bid on the first 3. Don't feel pressured!

Someone else post or something...

Anyway, from here on out, I will find someone to make a bid for you if fail to reply within 24 hours of being notified that you are up to make a bid. I reserve the right to decide how many bids are made for you, so please log in once a day. If you know that you will be unable to log in, just make a post in this thread so that everyone is aware. If you need to be gone for several days, I ask that you find someone to bid for you.

Alright guys, it seems that Whitefang wants me to bid for a buddy of his that's absent. He want me to "throw some numbers out there" for the three units that his buddy wants (which I am keeping a secret). Is there anything I should know before doing this, so I don't royally screw things up?

Edited by FionordeQuester

What's the ruling on using undrafted Matthew in Chapter 11? I'm of the opinion he should be free there, personally.

Edit: Also, can undrafted characters rescue NPCs?

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I agree, the chapter is irritating without Matthew, but Hector is capable of soloing it efficiently. I'll let everyone else weigh in before I give an official ruling.

Edit: I'm leaning toward allowing an undrafted Matthew to collect the Red Gem but to avoid combat.

Undrafted characters may rescue NPCs.

Edited by Whitefang