Jugdral Map (?)

Alastor15243

Interesting, but there are some incorrect parts there, for instance Chalphy, and Lenster + Alster.

Someone else (I can't remember who, I think it was Spoon or Life) made one, and I think it puts the entire thing together. I'll see if I can find it.

Also, the last castle of chapter 4 is the beginning castle of chapter 5.

Not just someone--people try to piece it together all the time. Now and then you see someone post about it. Some are more efficient than others, other with more liberty in their assembly, but they don't really differ all too much.

Most try to force them together based on in-game placement, though a few actually went with the in-game and art book world maps, rather than locations within the game. Which makes piecing together Thracia/Lenster/Yied a bit easier.

I just noticed that Chapters 2 & 3 don't line up. :/ That's stupid. The starting castle in four is like seven pixels to high.

For Size:

[spoiler=SuperFE4 map]SuperFE4.png

This is what I have so far. The Yied desert is tripping me up. It would be kind of cool to make a map that has the whole contenient on it.

Edited by Bryan

Also, one has to realize that not every chapter is magnified at the same scope. Some seem pulled out farther than others, especially during the beginning of the second generation, where the concentration of plot is connected to the area than the others. Here the maps feel a bit more zoomed-in than earlier and later in the game. If this is true, then you can't match up these pieces quite as well because the different scope. This is where referencing more than in-game maps helps out.

Also, one has to realize that not every chapter is magnified at the same scope. Some seem pulled out farther than others, especially during the beginning of the second generation, where the concentration of plot is connected to the area than the others. Here the maps feel a bit more zoomed-in than earlier and later in the game. If this is true, then you can't match up these pieces quite as well because the different scope. This is where referencing more than in-game maps helps out.

Actually, I don't think that's quite true. Agustria and Grandbell are supposed to be about the same size, which matches the game maps. But Miletos shouldn't be that big, you're right. And Chapter 7 looks like it's zoomed out. Yied should be between Rivough and Darna, Alster should be further up relative to Melgen. The distance between Melgen and Rivough in particular should be longer, it's like twice the distance between Tilnagogue and Rivough. I guess they do need to fit all these countries into the same 50x50 maps.

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently searching around for the FE5 map editor again and found this, one of the maps I was mentioning before.

fireji.jpg

A big small, but you get the idea. An estimation of how the continent should be laid out. Again, it has its share of discrepancies, but overall it's not too bad.