The game is cheating

Okay,

Chapter III-10, the map where Elincia fly directly near archers to be killed.

Anyways...

I am referring to Geoffrey ; in a previous map I left him with a killer lance.

On that map, if I remember correctly, he did 1 (0?) crit on about 8 fights.

On chapter III-10 where you don't control him, each time he engaged a foe he critted him, instantly killing him. In a row. Ninth (9) times in a row.

Odds are extremely low for that.

Does Geoffrey got mad for someone else wanting to kill Elincia ? Or what ?

Edited by Repulsif

Chapter III-10, the map where Elincia fly directly near archers to be killed.

Stupid Elincia! Now I can see why Ludveck wanted the throne!XD.gif

Edited by Big FE fan

IMO percentages seem to prefer enemies =/ When enemies have 50% chance of hitting (well that kinda relates doesn't it? =D) I'll be like "oh, they'll hit me" and they do. When my units have 50% chance of hitting, I'll be like "oh no they'll miss" and I'm right again. Usually the same goes for 40%

It gets on my nerves. >_<

Can you really blame Elincia for it? I mean, Arrow tips are shiny.

Well... Geoffrey with a Killer lance probably has pretty good crit. Like, ~40% maybe? In which case the chance is... about 1 in 3815. Okay, that's pretty darn unlikely. Although I'll point out the chance rises to 1 in 56 if you accept critting on the second round (assuming he always doubles). Which is unusual but not amazingly so. And in fact due to human confirmation bias (I think it's that one) where you're likely to forget/not even notice the battles where Geoffrey doesn't crit, it rises to 1 in 15 that he'd crit 9 out of 10 rounds with 40% crit. And that's certainly not rare.

Not that the game cheats, just that the RNG likes to troll the player.

For example micaiah facing extremly low hit rates from above ledges (if i made my calculations correctly [halving their hit rate] archers would have around a 5% display hit to kill micaiah) she gets hit twice in 2 restarts :S

For example micaiah facing extremly low hit rates from above ledges (if i made my calculations correctly [halving their hit rate] archers would have around a 5% display hit to kill micaiah) she gets hit twice in 2 restarts :S

Nope, it's -50% hit. So assuming the archers have about 136% hit (according to the sticky)... halving that gives 68% so your Micaiah had 65 avoid? That seems unusually high, but... They'd have had 23% display hit, giving them a 1% chance of hitting twice. Again, unusual (and very frustrating), but nothing incredible.

Not that the game cheats, just that the RNG likes to troll the player.

Iirc it was a 50 % drop. Because the double of 5 is 10 %. :P

Anyway... Yeah. Happens to me too. My very first ike had base speed, base str, and base Def at level 20 as a hero. I didn't understand stats, so i didn't know i was royally screwed luckily. :P

And ashnard keeps hitting me with 28 % displayed before resolve etc. And missing 92 % twice in a row, and getting hit thrice in a row by 8 % displayed.

Game hates me. Game loves Micaiah Though. =/ But really hates Ike. I've never had an Ike who was awsm all the time. OR even 25 % of the time. =/ That's why I don't use him anymore. I just Bexp him for each forced fight. from 1 to 20 both times. Except in drafts.

Nope, it's -50% hit. So assuming the archers have about 136% hit (according to the sticky)... halving that gives 68% so your Micaiah had 65 avoid? That seems unusually high, but... They'd have had 23% display hit, giving them a 1% chance of hitting twice. Again, unusual (and very frustrating), but nothing incredible.

Actually she had 58 and the archer had 126 (this is 1-5) so that'd be 63 - 58.

In my experience, the RNG has been quite good to me. I don't really find that the RNG is biased against me.

What?... It... you...

Well.... you're just a meanie!!! ;A; *huge jealousy*

I find I have to agree with Anouleth. It screws the enemies over about as often as it screws me over, so it's all fair.

Not really, you have levels to consider as well, so the player actually has a "tougher", for lack of a better word, time with the RNG.

The Geoffrey in my game must be Makalov in disguise because he moves next to an enemy and does nothing, he especially does it when i'm in drafts.

They all tend to do that when i need them to kill the last character... except they don't, they tantalize me by making the generics try to kill them, but they leave them with like 5-10 HP -_-

I don't know about you, but I've never really had any real issues with this map when it comes to Elincia's Leeroy Jenkins attitude. And as for the CRK's, they actually help me in 3-10 instead of just sitting there like simpletons. And Elincia usually stays away from the crossbow dudes, which makes my life easier.

Also, I have to agree with Anou on his RNG statement. Usually the RNG is biased towards me.

LOL! I know and I hate that! RNG is a troll, my Geoffrey never fights the other NPCs do and they miss.

I hate it when they miss... and to top it off thats when they all move to attack the one units, but almost all of them miss >_> (this is most likely exagerated).

Edited by Jhen Mohran

The biggest problem I've had with CRKs is when they choose not to even attack enemies despite enemies being easily within range. They'll just run right by them to park next to Elincia. So infuriating, especially when Elincia herself decides to be stupid and move towards the enemies, completely unarmed.

The biggest problem I've had with CRKs is when they choose not to even attack enemies despite enemies being easily within range. They'll just run right by them to park next to Elincia. So infuriating, especially when Elincia herself decides to be stupid and move towards the enemies, completely unarmed.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBKDSIUBVRHSKJERUHBF THAT WAS ALWAYS THE MOST ANNOYING THING SHE NEEDS TO FIND A BRAIN (no offense QE/QK) IF SHE WILL REMAIN WEAPONLESS AT LEAST TRY AVOIDING ENEMIES

But anyway I think I may remember my Geoffrey attacking enemies because some other units got to Elincia before him xD So if any enemies got near he'd attack them, as long as he could move back to his queen.

it's about the amount of enemies that makes it feel like you get trolled

when facing 20 enemies with 50% chance to hit, about half of them will hit.

when you attack an enemy with 50%, you will miss half of your attacks, making you ragequit for missing a second time in 3 attacks.

I try again my duo Zihark/Nolan to see if I can bring them to 4-E this time.

I won't do reference here to 3 successive (following ? sp ?) hit on Nolan at about 32% that killed him because he critted one foe at 3% crit.

Each time I soften ennemies by using Zihark (want to get experience kills for Nolan), Zihark activate Adept AND Crit (twice adept and twice crit on Knights) so Nolan can get fu...cked. EACH TIME !

When you want the skills to come to save your ass, they don't never come.

This is specially sadistic.

Edited by Repulsif