(FE10) ANOTHER RD draft

PKL

This is the first time i host a draft so if i make mistakes please tell me. :) Its standard, players join and pick characters in turns.

Rules:

-Normal mode

-No transfers

-Micaiah sothe ike bk lehran and the herons are free for everyone.

-Drafted units can die.

-Drafted units dont need to be recruited.

-Undrafted units can only shove/rescue other undrafteds. They can trade with anyone. They can talk and recruit other units. Undrafteds may not rescue npcs, shove drafted units, enter combat, meatshield, find buried items, use staves, sup

port or move to an adjacent unit with a bond. Undrafted dragons cannot move/give tide/pool bonuses.

-Penalty is 4 turns for everyone.

-Undrafteds can be deployed.

-1 unit is free in 2-P and 1 non-lucia unit is free in 2-2.

-1 undrafted 6 move unit is free in 3-3.

-Dont complain and please finish!

-Haar is banned but may be recruited for his items and skills.

He may be deployed to talk to jill in 3-7 and 3-E. But he may not enter combat while equipped. (Can only meatshield)

Pegknightlover- Nolan, Marcia, Soren, Tibarn, Rolf, Skrimir, Tormod, Lyre, Stefan 258 turns

Xander- Titania, Nephenee, Nailah, Calill, Meg, Sanaki, Ranulf, Leonardo, Fiona

Jhen Mohran- Edward, Boyd, ulki, Nealuchi, Kieran, Rhys, Caineghis, Gareth, Bastian

Shibeebaba- Jill, oscar, Brom, Tanith, Geoffrey, Sigrun, Tauroneo, Nasir, Renning

Queen Kittylincia- Elincia, Laura, Ilyana, Lethe, Mist, Astrid, Ena, Vika, Volke

Zorbees- Volug, Mia, Gatrie, Janaff, Naesala, Lucia, Muarim, Kyza, Oliver

Lilmik- Zihark, Aran, Shinon, Heather, Mordecai, Makalov, Danved, Giffca, Pelleas 375 turns

Edited by PegKnightLover

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:Haar: <--isn't on the list so is he ban or what?

Looks like it. Also, why aren't people allowed to deploy undrafted units? That is a useless rule that should have be eradicated a long time ago.

Also, is Lehran free? He is also missing from the free units and Draftable units lists.

Fixed everything. Lehran isnt free. Its just that integrity doesnt have him listed in the draft topic and i copy pasted. Undrafteds can now be deployed. Should i allow meatshielding in 3-1? Also i added u shibeebaba.

I'm not in this draft, just throwing in my two cents.

Should i allow meatshielding in 3-1? Also i added u shibeebaba.

Nah that's lame, make people suffer with penalties >:D

Why not just extend the 3-3 exception to 3-1?

3-1 is all about fighting, so i don't know how this makes sense. and it takes away from people who actually picked Soren/rhys.

3-1 is all about fighting, so i don't know how this makes sense. and it takes away from people who actually picked Soren/rhys.

In my opinion, it takes away from the person who picked Gatrie more, but...

The reasoning for the exception is that there simply aren't enough units that can duo the chapter with Ike to go around; There's only Titania and Gatrie. Maybe Oscar and Boyd, but Oscar only has 1 2-range option and Boyd won't have the Speed. Mia can't because there's too much 2-range, and Shinon can't because he can't fight at 1-range (the Crossbow isn't good enough).

By allowing a 6 move unit to be free, it means that not everyone has to take a penalty for Titania, evening the playing field a little. It's also why I believe one of Edward and Nolan should be free for 1-P and 1-1.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

In my opinion, it takes away from the person who picked Gatrie more, but...

The reasoning for the exception is that there simply aren't enough units that can duo the chapter with Ike to go around; There's only Titania and Gatrie. Maybe Oscar and Boyd, but Oscar only has 1 2-range option and Boyd won't have the Speed. Mia can't because there's too much 2-range, and Shinon can't because he can't fight at 1-range (the Crossbow isn't good enough).

By allowing a 6 move unit to be free, it means that not everyone has to take a penalty for Titania, evening the playing field a little. It's also why I believe one of Edward and Nolan should be free for 1-P and 1-1.

I think this is just the advantage to picking Titan/Gatrie. I don't think things are supposed to be all that balanced, some units are just going to be better than others.

I think this is just the advantage to picking Titan/Gatrie. I don't think things are supposed to be all that balanced, some units are just going to be better than others.

I agree that some units will be better than others, and that's a good thing. However, that doesn't mean that the people who don't go first get screwed over solely due to having to take penalties. The people who draft last shouldn't automatically lose just because of that.

I'll join since its Normal mode :awesome:

Also, I think Lehran should be free. No point in him not being one... I mean he is extremely useful for Ashera, but for what worth he is just below about every other character in drafts. Even Oliver.

I mean he is extremely useful for Ashera, but for what worth he is just below about every other character in drafts. Even Oliver.

Well, he's probably better than Kurthnaga, and I'd argue Lehran > Oliver, but that's not the point.

Another character who's missing from the list: Geoffrey.

I would not recommend that. The person who gets Haar wins, unless they suck at drafting and efficiency (or simply don't finish).

That's not true. 8[ It mostly depends on the drafter. Besides, Titania still exists, who is kinda similiar.

Base Haar in Part 4 would be pretty underwhelming.

Fortunately, BEXP exists.

Read: Suck.

With free Herons, you could allow Haar on the basis that he can't be refreshed by any Heron.

Dondon made him cool at 4-3 with Resolve. Although he took a Crown and a Speedwings at that.

It mostly depends on the drafter.

That's what I said... If the person who gets Haar is even remotely competent, they win. Period.

Besides, Titania still exists, who is kinda similar.

Titania doesn't trivialize nearly as many maps though: It's 3-1 (and existing in 3-P, I guess) vs. 3-3, 3-4, 3-5 (can Titania 1 turn this with Reyson?), 3-11 and 4-3. He's also better in 3-7 (for what that's worth), and 3-8 and 3-10, due to being able to fly over terrain that Titania has to go around.

Hmm, theres no way im letting haar trivialize this. Sorry. Oh and i added geoffrey. Should it be 6 players, 11 draftees each or 7 players 9 each and 3 units then get picked by the last 3?

Edited by PegKnightLover

Should it be 6 players, 11 draftees each or 7 players 9 each and 3 units then get picked by the last 3?

I'm counting 63 draftable units with Lehran drafted, so that would make 9 units each for 7 players.

I should also add that unless the player really cares about doing a good job, Haar probably won't be enough of a game-breaker to be worth banning. You need to really know what he can do and bother to pull it off, but there are plenty of drafters who just don't take that kind of time. Drafting Haar also generally means a weaker part 1, so people can use that as an advantage.

A drafter who knows how to play but doesn't necessarily try for the best turn counts will, even with Haar, likely lose to someone who really goes all out in getting a low turn count, regardless of the team.