(FE10) ANOTHER RD draft

PKL

Drafting Haar also generally means a weaker part 1, so people can use that as an advantage.

Not necessarily. There's Meg and Ilyana as Part 1 draftees (and Leonardo and Fiona, but they're pretty bad), and maybe Aran might make it as well.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily. There's Meg and Ilyana as Part 1 draftees (and Leonardo and Fiona, but they're pretty bad), and maybe Aran might make it as well.

I didn't say non-existent, I said weaker. Meg and Ilyana are weaker characters, Meg all around and Ilyana mostly because of not being around for DB part 3. Aran might make it, but there are few enough good DB units that he should be taken before then. If anything, the drafters just need to be smart and be sure that none of the good DB units are left for whoever drafted Haar, like when I got Haar, Zihark, and Marcia (lol).

If thats the case why even bother with penalty? Players that didn't draft Edward or Nolan going take penalty for 1-P through 1-2.

That's my point. Edward and Nolan are already the best DB picks, before even factoring in the fact that the people who don't go first have to take penalties because they have to use them anyway.

I didn't say non-existent, I said weaker. Meg and Ilyana are weaker characters, Meg all around and Ilyana mostly because of not being around for DB part 3. Aran might make it, but there are few enough good DB units that he should be taken before then. If anything, the drafters just need to be smart and be sure that none of the good DB units are left for whoever drafted Haar, like when I got Haar, Zihark, and Marcia (lol).

Micaiah and Sothe can carry Part 1 almost by themselves, though; you only need one other unit, and Meg performs admirably. She is really not noticeably weaker than the others are. Although I'd love to see Meg drafted first or second round.

I will join, but what's with the rule about not complaining?

He means don't complain, obviously. I'd assume it was put in place after Excellen's bitching in the EX Draft.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

He means don't complain, obviously. I'd assume it was put in place after Excellen's bitching in the EX Draft.

I wasn't really asking you...I guess I should have made that clear since you weren't able to grasp who the question was directed towards.

Anyway, Pegknight, what if we get upset at a mistake and have to give up a battle save to redo a chapter from scratch or miss with a 90% chance to hit?

Edit: Screw it I'll just suck it up

Edited by Xander

Micaiah and Sothe can carry Part 1 almost by themselves, though; you only need one other unit, and Meg performs admirably. She is really not noticeably weaker than the others are. Although I'd love to see Meg drafted first or second round.

I've never used Meg in a draft, so I'll take your word for it. I would still say she's worse for her mobility and Spd caps, though. Iirc, even in NM her tier Spd cap doesn't double a lot of 3-12 enemies.

I wasn't really asking you...I guess I should have made that clear since you weren't able to grasp who the question was directed towards.

Hey hey, take it easy. Don't start a fight here.

I understand what you are saying but the players that draft later can also punish players that draft Edward and Nolan by drafting characters that will force them to eat penalties so there isn't really a fair way to go about things.

This is why Integrity has the exceptions in his topic:

1-P: Edward is free since you can't beat it without him

1-1 and 1-2: One of Edward or Nolan is free because you can't beat them without them (1-2 is optional)

1-5: Volug is free since it's a Survive map (optional for NM drafts)

2-P: Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free, since it's a Survive map

2-1: Brom and Nephenee are free since you can't beat it without them

2-2: One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free, since there are not enough units to go around

3-1 and 3-3: One undrafted, 6 move unit is free, since there are not enough units to go around

I've never used Meg in a draft, so I'll take your word for it. I would still say she's worse for her mobility and Spd caps, though. Iirc, even in NM her tier Spd cap doesn't double a lot of 3-12 enemies.

Yeah, she's worse than Zihark, Volug and Aran due to being a Knight, but your turncounts aren't going to be much different regardless of which one you get. She does need to be promoted for 3-12 though, I'll give you that.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Meg is good and she uses axes which is very helpful, I had her in my first draft and I don't regret it.

Only at third tier and D rank, though, which is, to say the least, underwhelming.

Meg is an horrible draft.....trust me. I drafted her once, she was my second round pick, I was first in the order and chose Haar first, so my DB team was Meg,Leo and Fiona XD

I have also drafted Meg, and she was one of my best units that draft. She got third place at the end, beating out Ike (admittedly, this is because I had Titania, but...).

@Red Fox: That's why I trained her with an Iron Axe in 3-12, so she could use the Hammer later on.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Only at third tier and D rank, though, which is, to say the least, underwhelming.

she can use hand axes which is like the best (arguably i suppose) 2 range weapon.

Hand axes are good and she made it to B rank with 1 scroll and hand axes in 3-12 iirc.

she can use hand axes which is like the best (arguably i suppose) 2 range weapon.

True. I was thinking along the lines of Brave and forged Silvers in part 4, but Hand Axes are pretty nice to have.

True. I was thinking along the lines of Brave and forged Silvers in part 4, but Hand Axes are pretty nice to have.

Those would be nice, but I'll admit they're probably out of her reach. Still, she can make due with forged Silver Swords, and I found she never needed the Brave Sword except for Swordmasters in 4-4.