Grandjackal's FE6 Hard Mode Low Turn Attempts!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get you either. Why do you use armor knights in FE6, let alone 3!? And in a max efficient playthrough no less?

And this is coming from somebody who did use an armor in FE6, but I used Bors due to me wanting a proper mid-game tank(Marcus and Zealot didn't count due to my still existent hatred of Jeigans)before Millie and Percy came on the scene(I still used him afterwards due to him being my only other axe dude at the time.) And I was berated on it like crazy. At least I was using one armor, not three.

Edited by James

I'm aware they're not good, but it's a part of history I have to own up to. Besides, I'm fairly certain that only so many units have control over turncounts that the rest of your army realy won't matter in the grand scheme of things. I've been using everyone ese who controls turncounts so far, so I don't get why peope are flipping out about me using filler units.

Just a couple of things.

First, I did not have to rig a crit on Devias. I had Marcus and Zealot attack him in tandem, with Allen trading the Armorslayer from one to the other. Reinforcements were not triggered because I defeated him in 1 turn.

Second, you probably could have done chapter 8 a turn or 2 faster if you had used only 2 infantry units like I did. It does make a big difference, believe it or not.

First, I did not have to rig a crit on Devias. I had Marcus and Zealot attack him in tandem, with Allen trading the Armorslayer from one to the other. Reinforcements were not triggered because I defeated him in 1 turn.

Regardless, it wasn't that big a deal. Still could theoretically do it in the same amount of turns safely even considering the reinforcements. However, had I done it the same way you had, I think that could mean that I could have done this a turn or 2 sooner than you had. I don't care to find out though, chapter 7 can go to hell.

Besides, I'm still playing this on a cart. Knowing my luck, I'd miss one of 2 of the 4 shots they have at Devias, or when Zealot's turn comes up Devias would crit me.

Second, you probably could have done chapter 8 a turn or 2 faster if you had used only 2 infantry units like I did. It does make a big difference, believe it or not.

Actually I could have, had I just had Marcus and Zealot ferry Roy and Rutger to the throne and completely have them ignore the enemies in the treasure hall as they barreled through. Kinda pussyfooted at that part. Was rethinking of redoing chapter 8 anyways.

As a note, no updates for a while since I rarely have a chance at the internet for the time being. Will have internet up and running in a week or two. Until then, a I have to say is this.

Rutger can solo chapter 8x, and there's no reason not to promote him early just because of Henning.

Edited by Grandkitty