Top 3 worst characters

Knife

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are minor differences between Link and Toon Link. Some off the top of my head:

Link's up-smash gives 3 strikes, last being strongest and giving knockback, and Toon Link's up-smash is a single strong blow, giving knockback.

Link's down-air can be controlled to a certain degree, and is able to move left and right slightly while falling, and Toon Link's is a quick, uncontrollable decent.

The boomerangs are different.

Toon Link's up-B is alot more effective in recovery than Link's up-B...

Probably a few more, but I can't think of them right now.

Toon Link is lighter, his airials come out quicker and have higher prioity that Links (?)

Toon Links bombs have a larger blast radius and deal less damage, Links are the opposite. TL's arrows travel slower but go farther. Link's arrows go faster but don't have the range. Also Toon Links charges faster

There are minor differences between Link and Toon Link. Some off the top of my head:

Link's up-smash gives 3 strikes, last being strongest and giving knockback, and Toon Link's up-smash is a single strong blow, giving knockback.

Link's down-air can be controlled to a certain degree, and is able to move left and right slightly while falling, and Toon Link's is a quick, uncontrollable decent.

The boomerangs are different.

Toon Link's up-B is alot more effective in recovery than Link's up-B...

Probably a few more, but I can't think of them right now.

To add:

Toon Link is lighter, obviously, and it helps him recover

His hookshot seems slightly shorter.

His arrows go farther but slower

His side A smash only has knockback on the second strike, where both of Link's have knockback.

Toon Link doesn't kick with his back-air, instead uses his sword.

His bombs have different animation (Totally relevant)

If Young Link was a 100% Link, he'd be called Link. But yeah, Toon Link is miles better than Young Link (maybe even Link). But still, Toon Link and Link are still VERY similar, move-set wise. You could safely say that Toon Link is the cloniest character in Brawl.

Toon link will NEVER NEVER be better than link, link pwns toon link

Actually they even out.

Toon Link has more speed.

And Link has more strenght.

Those are fighting words. There are more than a few people here who main Toon Link... but not Link.

Yeah you just insulted me, my brother, and a few other's I have beaten who I think is the best Link mainer countless times in a 1-1 with Toon Link

lolwut?

Toon Link is much more agile than Link. His down air actually spikes, while Link's makes the guy go upward for some reason. Toon Link jumps much more easily than Link. Link is very laggy and recovers very poorly, even when putting the clawshot to account. Toon Link is no where close to laggy, and recovers much more effeciently. Toon Link is many times better than regular Link, sorry man. Regular Link doesn't even have much of a power advantage. Toon Link is actually good, while Link is not. (no offense, regular Link fans)

Toon Link pretty much outclasses Link in everyway. Here are some things Link has going over Toon Link:

Cons:

-Better range

-A lot heavier, but this balances out due to Link's shitty recovery

-More knockback in his moves

-Link looks cooler (couldn't really think of anything else)

Cons:

-Shitty recovery compared to Toon Link's.

-Has a lot more lag to his moves

-Link's aerials suck big time compared to Toon Link's, and doesn't have much of an advantage on the ground either.

That all being said, I sub-main Link. Well, I sub-main almost every character.

lolwut?

Toon Link is much more agile than Link. His down air actually spikes, while Link's makes the guy go upward for some reason. Toon Link jumps much more easily than Link. Link is very laggy and recovers very poorly, even when putting the clawshot to account. Toon Link is no where close to laggy, and recovers much more effeciently. Toon Link is many times better than regular Link, sorry man. Regular Link doesn't even have much of a power advantage. Toon Link is actually good, while Link is not. (no offense, regular Link fans)

toon link stole that move from melee because all this stuff your saying is the same thing he did in melee, why they changed I do not know.

speed isn't everything! look at ike

Speed is most of what makes Toon better than Link, though.

Edited by Mac

Speed is most of what makes Toon better than Link, though.

True i mean i'm more better with TL than with Link( I always loose with him. Cpu matches)

True i mean i'm more better with TL than with Link( I always loose with him. Cpu matches)

anyone who loses against a cpu just fails

*looks at Ike* Oh, I see, speed is merely what gives people an edge over slow people, such as Ike.

yup. Now it is possible to beat a speedy person such as fox or TL with ike but it is VERY HARD. Since TL is more agile than Link, he's better.