[FE10] The "Does Haar Need to be Banned?" RD NM draft.

Florete

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haar is the best unit, if we ban him, down the road will we ban Titan? then Oscar?

I have never drafted RD, but just by looking at the picking orders for past drafts, it is highly unlikely for something like that to happen, seeing as a bunch of DB characters are picked over Titania relatively often.

I have never drafted RD, but just by looking at the picking orders for past drafts, it is highly unlikely for something like that to happen, seeing as a bunch of DB characters are picked over Titania relatively often.

Titania > All DB characters. I can say this without a doubt.

I'm actaullly starting to wonder if Oscar > all DB as well. Mounts in P3 are just so helpful, and through 1-5 you can beat all maps with Miccy/Sothe.

If there's no penalty for Edward in 1-P (and arguably even if there is), I'd say Nolan is definitely better.

There is a penalty. I would say Ed is better, his offensive is far superior.

Not here there isn't (and honestly, there shouldn't be). And how the fuck is Edward's offense superior when Nolan doubles everything with Axes?

Not here there isn't (and honestly, there shouldn't be). And how the fuck is Edward's offense superior when Nolan doubles everything with Axes?

Oh really? i wonder if I've been in drafts like this...

Earlier in P1 his offense is, since he doubles quicker.

Those chapters are trivialized by Sothe though, so it doesn't mean much.

True, mainly it's just a coin flip of whoever you like more. & I've always showed favoritism to Ed.

Edward can help you 5-turn 1-1 & 1-4.

I never really put much weight on Titania/Oscar because Part 1 tends to be where most of your turns take more weight. I can handle Part 3 with Ilyana, and maybe even Heather (Which I did, most of the time). The good early DB characters really help you more than Titania does, IMO.

Edward can help you 5-turn 1-1 & 1-4.

1-1 requires RNG/Battle Save abuse, and Nolan can do 1-4 as well. Besides, that's only what, 3 turns? Are you saying that Titania or Oscar can't save you more than 3 turns in the entirety of Part 3?

I never really put much weight on Titania/Oscar because Part 1 tends to be where most of your turns take more weight. I can handle Part 3 with Ilyana, and maybe even Heather (Which I did, most of the time). The good early DB characters really help you more than Titania does, IMO.

Bull. Sure, you can 'handle' Part 3 without a good GM, but no way in hell are Edward and Nolan saving you more turns in Part 1 -where Sothe dominates- than Titania, Oscar, etc. save you in Part 3.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Well, Sothe doesn't "dominate" everything, you know. You still need a third character at 1-6, 1-7 (To kill the boss) and 1-8. And 1-8 really sucks.

What I mean is how do Edward and Nolan save more turns compared to other DB units than Titania and Oscar do compared to other GM units?

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I'm actaullly starting to wonder if Oscar > all DB as well. Mounts in P3 are just so helpful, and through 1-5 you can beat all maps with Miccy/Sothe.

Eh, I don't know about Oscar. I haven't used him in a while, much less on NM, but I imagine his offense would still be rather problematic. One of Titania's selling points is her ability to ORKO Generals (sometimes at 1-2 range), something I doubt Oscar can reach anytime soon and will surely end up costing turns here and there.

Also, come on, people, one more slot.

Titania > All DB characters? I disagree, her combat can be performed by many other characters like Boyd, Oscar, Mia and Ike even if she wins in mount she's not unique. Sothe easily beats her ^^' even if he falls off a cliff for P3 no one can perform as good or come close to him for that many chapters. Titania eventually falls off a cliff like Sothe and she's replaced by superior units like Jill and the Royals.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Sure you could say Titania is > all DB characters but not Oscar. He doesn't have the offense needed to pull what Titania can. He can't help us 3 turn 3-1 thanks to his low strength, he can't OHKO generals even with max Mt Javelin forges, and his speed cap comes back to hurt him come 4-4 and 4-E, where he'll stop doubling. His lower starting level doesn't help him either. I've had Titania promote as early as 3-1 in a previous draft, whereas Oscar has to wait for the 3-3 crown.

Titania > All DB characters? I disagree, her combat can be performed by many other characters like Boyd, Oscar, Mia and Ike even if she wins in mount she's not unique. Sothe easily beats her ^^' even if he falls off a cliff for P3 no one can perform as good or come close to him for that many chapters. Titania eventually falls off a cliff like Sothe and she's replaced by superior units like Jill and the Royals.

This is in a draft sense, where Sothe is always free, so Titania isn't being compared to him. That said, Titania's horse saves more turns than any individual DB draftee over the course of the entire game.

This is in a draft sense, where Sothe is always free, so Titania isn't being compared to him. That said, Titania's horse saves more turns than any individual DB draftee over the course of the entire game.

Are you sure? Jill seems to be good competition especially with flight ^^' and Miccy has been very good at least in my experience, and idk if it counts but Ilyana in a NM draft has been excellent and her availability > Titania's. I must use Titania someday though but I've used Oscar and he seems very close to what Titania can do.

And Edward's combat can't be performed by many other characters like Nolan, Zihark, Volug and Jill? Also, Titania never 'falls off a cliff' - she's great all game. I'm not sure what the basis for Jill > Titania is except for flight, but that has little to do with combat, so...

I'm not saying Titania is objectively better than the DB characters, since you really do need characters on both sides. I just think that the 'DB characters are more valuable than GM characters' reasoning is nonsense.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

And Edward's combat can't be performed by many other characters like Nolan, Zihark, Volug and Jill? Also, Titania never 'falls off a cliff' - she's great all game. I'm not sure what the basis for Jill > Titania is except for flight, but that has little to do with combat, so...

I forgot about Edward. See Titania isn't the absolute best in drafts, Eddie is good competition. Take back what you said Fenrir! >:]

@ RD Kitty I think i'm biased because DB's seem more more valuable.

Are you sure? Jill seems to be good competition especially with flight ^^' and Miccy has been very good at least in my experience, and idk if it counts but Ilyana in a NM draft has been excellent and her availability > Titania's. I must use Titania someday though but I've used Oscar and he seems very close to what Titania can do.

I am pretty sure, though I've never used Edward or Nolan before (and I once had both Jill and Titania). Jill's problem is her mediocre bases and not being in 1-8, making her actually the worst long-term DB draftee in part 1 (but the best in part 3 and 4, so it mostly evens out). Micaiah and Ilyana simply don't have the mobility or, without Resolve, durability.

I am pretty sure, though I've never used Edward or Nolan before (and I once had both Jill and Titania). Jill's problem is her mediocre bases and not being in 1-8, making her actually the worst long-term DB draftee in part 1 (but the best in part 3 and 4, so it mostly evens out). Micaiah and Ilyana simply don't have the mobility or, without Resolve, durability.

You should try Ilyana in a NM draft she's amazing :^_^: well I guess your right but Titania doesn't easily > DB units alot of them are pretty good competition (like Nolan and Eddie) Oscar isn't > DB though he lacks so much come part 4.