Ivalice Mafia - Winners: Clan No Lynch

Radiant Dragon

Wrong, Life, Persuader and Kidnapper CAN work in a town capacity. It's hard, but definitely workable. You should know that of all people.

Also, you only have yourself to blame for your loss in this game. If you hadn't gone inactive, town almost certainly wouldn't have won. When the cult needed another person for the lynch, who wasn't there to provide it? You.

And for fucks sake, your doctor had a perma-interceptor on him. Admittedly, Bal fucked it up, but think about that. Your doctor is impossible to kill.

Your doctor is impossible to kill.

Far better than the need for an inspector - But wait! You have Strawman right there, who does want Yiazmat's head to win, but in earlygame has absolutely no reason to be anti-town. Hell, you can even work something out - You give him Yiazmat when the game's nearly over, he wins, you win!

There's your fucking inspect and your OP doc, and again, if you had been there, you would have WON.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because, and I say this to the rest of the town, until Khamja was destroyed, I was pro-town.

I need to say a couple of things.

First off, slops to Freohr Datia. That was the worst game of mafia I've seen anyone ever play and still manage to win. I hope you realized that if you did follow my orders by not idling, the cult would have DESERVINGLY won. I hope I never play with you ever again.

Second. Fuck you Anouleth. Why? Because you fucking recruited me. Way to fuck my image of "Life might actually be town oriented". Seriously. I'd rather lose as town than win as Cult.

Third. Did the town really not have an inspect and instead have a kidnapper and persuader? Really RD and JB? Really? You kidding me? Do either of you actually understand the purpose of those two roles? Clearly not.

And lastly. I hope everyone here realizes that aside from Sho's crazy way of figure out who was cult ASIDE from Paper with the claim slop, the town didn't deserve the win at all. Period. Had Freohr's kill gone through, the game would have been called ages ago.

Pretty shit game, to be honest. After Freohr idled and Paper got lynched, I literally threw my hands up in the air and said "fuck it, I'm not going to give a shit about this game anymore". Yeah, that's right. I flat out ignored the rest of the game. Why? Because I knew that the cult was going to get lynched out and town didn't deserve this win. I've seen towns play well before and this is not a good example of one.

I thought I already told you that I was at college with no internet?

Nag nag nag life xD It's a god damn game so get over the loss and I could try saying get over yourself but I'm sure many people have done that before... Though I guess it's pointless for me to say get over losing too....

Also I already know I suck I wasn't planning on joining another mafia till I got curious by Strawman's topic saying mafia was too inactive and I just wanted to try be helpful thinking maybe the more I play I get betterful =3

Since you've been culted, we know you were for town.

Because, and I say this to the rest of the town, until Khamja was destroyed, I was pro-town.

First off, slops to Freohr Datia. That was the worst game of mafia I've seen anyone ever play and still manage to win. I hope you realized that if you did follow my orders by not idling, the cult would have DESERVINGLY won. I hope I never play with you ever again.

Second. Fuck you Anouleth. Why? Because you fucking recruited me. Way to fuck my image of "Life might actually be town oriented". Seriously. I'd rather lose as town than win as Cult.

Third. Did the town really not have an inspect and instead have a kidnapper and persuader? Really RD and JB? Really? You kidding me? Do either of you actually understand the purpose of those two roles? Clearly not.

And lastly. I hope everyone here realizes that aside from Sho's crazy way of figure out who was cult ASIDE from Paper with the claim slop, the town didn't deserve the win at all. Period. Had Freohr's kill gone through, the game would have been called ages ago.

"Deserve", don't get me wrong, we almost certainly shouldn't have won, but if town played so sloppily and still won, what does that say of the opposition?

"Deserve", don't get me wrong, we almost certainly shouldn't have won, but if town played so sloppily and still won, what does that say of the opposition?

actually that's a lot of a better counter than what i put

She was inactive and didn't get online until it was too late. You can't blame her for that, especially since you yourself abandoned the game just after that.

Actually, I think I was the one who convinced Annie to recruit you. And that was exactly what my intention was. We were both extremely annoyed at how you just came in, roleclaimed, and then demanded everyone to roleclaim to you simply because you think you're the greatest Mafia player to ever enter the forest. You had absolutely NOTHING to back up your claim as being Town. I know that a 100% Town confirmation is impossible, but this doesn't mean we'll stoop as low as submit to a 0% Town confirmed player.

Please don't fool yourself into thinking that we actually recruited you so that you can win with us. On the other hand, we hoped to be able to win as Cult, piss you off as payback for your arrogant claim, and destroy the Town by taking advantage of their stupid decision to listen to you before Frosty's death.

Do you know how the Cult lost the game? It wasn't entirely because of Freohr idling and you leaving us. zak kidnapped Blitz, which took away our first chance of winning. Haze persuaded zak to vote for Freohr, which took away our third chance. The Town WON because of those two roles. Even if these players didn't know about a Cult, the mods certainly did and after seeing how those roles destroyed us, I have to admit that the mods knew what they were doing.

Who deserved to win then? I don't recall you doing anything meaningful as a Cultist that could be considered a skilful move. Me and Paper might have played really well and all but I don't think YOU have any right to say that the Town didn't deserve their victory.

Also, who wins in the end is not very important. Winning is just the motivation that runs the game. The true winner of this game would probably be Clipsey!, who did not fulfill her win condition at all. Yes, we should be playing this game to win, but the purpose behind the game isn't to glorify the winners.

Pretty shit game, to be honest. After Freohr idled and Paper got lynched, I literally threw my hands up in the air and said "fuck it, I'm not going to give a shit about this game anymore". Yeah, that's right. I flat out ignored the rest of the game. Why? Because I knew that the cult was going to get lynched out and town didn't deserve this win. I've seen towns play well before and this is not a good example of one.

In that case, you were wrong. Because I'm pretty sure we could have won otherwise. ShoM had two of us lynched and the only reason why the Town Kevin listened to him was because you quit. And the only reason I couldn't save Paperblade was because we were missing one essential vote that could have killed Freohr. If you saw that the Town was not playing well, which I'll admit you were correct about, then why did you think the Cult was going to get lynched out?

Haze persuaded zak to vote for Freohr, which took away our third chance.

I've been wondering about that one.

Just FYI, Life told me that if I wanted to win, I'd perform that persuasion.

I've already explained the purpose of the Persuader, and that I screwed up with the Kidnapper (it was supposed to be a Vote negator). The Clan didn't have a Cop because there were already three Cops who would be trying to prove themselves as Town by sharing their results. Although I do admit that a Tracker or another weak investigative role probably should've replaced one of the Townies.

Also, Strawman would've turned Town if Excellen was killed before he could find him, although he was the weakest of the three Cops.

Had Freohr's kill gone through, the game would have been called ages ago.

I feel we owe the Templars an apology for some of what happened. Paperblade's lynch might have been prevented if I had added him to all of Anouleth's conversations. Freohr might have shot Kevin if I hadn't assumed she wasn't coming back and ended the Cycle before the extension was over. Blitz's kidnap might not have screwed you guys over so badly if we hadn't forgot to tell people he was kidnapped.

So yeah, numerous moderation mistakes on our part did little to help you guys out. I'm really, really sorry about that.

Wrong, Life, Persuader and Kidnapper CAN work in a town capacity. It's hard, but definitely workable. You should know that of all people.

I'm going to lean no on the Town Kidnapper. The Town doesn't need roles that prohibit conversation.

And for fucks sake, your doctor had a perma-interceptor on him. Admittedly, Bal fucked it up, but think about that. Your doctor is impossible to kill.

Your doctor is impossible to kill.

Khamja could bypass eclipse with Frostbite's Ninja or Janitor abiilties, albeit it would be difficult for them to figure out the connection between her and Snike. They could also Roleblock her, and Snike could be lynched.

As for Life telling Haze to persuade Balcerzak, I believe that's because his plan was to recruit Kevin that cycle, not Balcerzak.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Also, who wins in the end is not very important. Winning is just the motivation that runs the game. The true winner of this game would probably be Clipsey!, who did not fulfill her win condition at all. Yes, we should be playing this game to win, but the purpose behind the game isn't to glorify the winners.

I explained why I did what I did in my role PM. Note to future hosts: Don't make me the bomb, because I find that ability to be most amusing.

I've already explained the purpose of the Persuader, and that I screwed up with the Kidnapper (it was supposed to be a Vote negator).

I must have missed that, I'm guessing it was supposed to be a Templar counter.

I must have missed that, I'm guessing it was supposed to be a Templar counter.

I explained it in one of the Templar's PMs, sorry. The Persuader, along with the Doublevoter and Vote Negator Kidnapper, were put in to keep lynch control in the hands of the Town for longer, since recruitment has a habit of messing with that.

Sho's logic did not make any sense. Here, let me go over it:

Haze is clear *now* because he proved his role *two cycles ago* and not this cycle

Sho is clear *now* because he got cult lynched *last cycle*

Blitz is clear *now* because he got cult lynched *last cycle*

Freo is clear *now* because she shot someone *several cycles ago*

Life is not clear *now* because town leaders always get culted, but in Sho's case culting him is too obvious so he's still clear

Kevin is not clear because Sho refused to let him prove his role, even though Sho and Blitz can't prove their roles

Notice all of his logic is based on what happened *last cycle* when we all know that cult, by definition, recruits?

His reasoning made no sense and was ridden with double standards, to the point where JB thought he was cheating.

[8/20/2011 11:42:29 PM] JBCWK: why do i get the feeling sho is hacking

[8/20/2011 11:42:35 PM] Brad: ?

[8/20/2011 11:42:38 PM] JBCWK: he, like

[8/20/2011 11:42:45 PM] JBCWK: can take out the entire cult this phase

[8/20/2011 11:42:53 PM] JBCWK: based on reasoning that makes no sense

[8/20/2011 11:42:59 PM] JBCWK: which he has not proven to me

[8/20/2011 11:43:10 PM] Brad: =/

[8/20/2011 11:43:18 PM] Brad: can you prove he's cheating

[8/20/2011 11:43:23 PM] JBCWK: no

[8/20/2011 11:43:24 PM] JBCWK: but

[8/20/2011 11:43:37 PM] JBCWK: right after sho declares kevin as clear in PM

[8/20/2011 11:43:44 PM] JBCWK: he tells freohr to shoot kevin

Also, I had to ask Proto for my fakeclaim and C0 inspect because the hosts did not give it to me, and I still fucked up claims because no one knew what Life was telling Sho and Life wasn't on IRC or something. If Anouleth had not been subbed out, he would not have made this mistake and the town would have been rolled.

Blitz, our lynch target, was kidnapped, which we weren't told of until halfway through the phase. This was just another thing that fucked us over.

So grats, I guess.

Edited by Paperkitty

Sorry Paper, but what does any of that have to do with what I said?

Also I personally never thought Sho was culted for a second.

Reasoning? It was pretty fucking obvious you already had Life, why would you need Vanilla!Sho?

"I still fucked up claims because no one knew what Life was telling Sho and Life wasn't on IRC or something."

Sounds like it was Life's fault for not telling the cult what Sho knew.

"Blitz, our lynch target, was kidnapped, which we weren't told of until halfway through the phase. This was just another thing that fucked us over."

It was like 3 hours into the cycle, your slowassery in responding is what fucked you over there.

Additionally, you made several tactical errors that you can't blame the hosts for. ...Like trying to have me vigged.

Sounds like it was Life's fault for not telling the cult what Sho knew.

Yes, it's Life's fault the hosts didn't add me to a single PM that Anouleth had been in, nor did they tell me what he had been telling people. Clearly.

You realize they didn't even tell me my C0 result from my alliance check, right? I had to ask Proto? So I had to BS things in real time or suspiciously go AFK when Sho was in the middle of questioning me? Yeah, that's fair.

It was like 3 hours into the cycle, your slowassery in responding is what fucked you over there.

It was closer to 13 hours, Blitz had a majority of votes when JB posted that he was kidnapped.

Additionally, you made several tactical errors that you can't blame the hosts for. ...Like trying to have me vigged.

I'm not saying people didn't make mistakes, but please don't pretend like we played some terrible game when the hosts at one point broke their own rules to fuck us over (see: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27495&view=findpost&p=1657578 then http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27495&view=findpost&p=1666624 then http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27495&view=findpost&p=1666907 and then them ending a phase early despite the vig's actions not being in). I don't know what the cult did before I got subbed in and I don't know what Life was telling anyone (apparently he decided to be super-scummy), but we got screwed over in multiple regards other than Life deciding he didn't care anymore.

Edited by Paperkitty

I didn't see the mods flippantly making decisions to your detriment.

Also, should I remind you that the cult convinced Freo to misfire and idkwhatblitzdid, meaning you were really the only townie to do anything?

Edited by Paperkitty

Soooo then, to flip that around; Town made some mistakes, as always, don't act like we played some terrible game just because Sho was an idiot.

What game? I got shot in the face C1.

;/

No, but, seriously, I don't care how bad those two sides, were, the Mafia played the worst.

What game? I got shot in the face C1.

;/

No, but, seriously, I don't care how bad those two sides, were, the Mafia played the worst.

I think this is something we can all agree on.

You realize they didn't even tell me my C0 result from my alliance check, right?

What? No, I remember telling you Anouleth was roleblocked.

I'm not saying people didn't make mistakes, but please don't pretend like we played some terrible game when the hosts at one point broke their own rules to fuck us over (see: http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1657578 then http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1666624 then http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1666907 and then them ending a phase early despite the vig's actions not being in).

As I've said, I didn't see the merit in waiting on someone who wasn't going to return. Freohr did end up returning, but that was after the extension would've ended anyway.