Soren (possible story spoil)

Soren is the most morally grey member of the GMs. (well, except for maybe Shinon.) Ike acts as his morality pet more or less. If Ike and Soren never met, theres two possibilities: Soren would have died. Or if he hadnt, he'd have become one NASTY individual. So i guess the Ashnard parallel is actually in his demeanor. ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be Ike had a hint about all of that, and let Soren be with him during the rest of their life (Soren was the only character who were still with Ike (? I'm not sure about that)

IIRC, if Ike and Ranulf has an A support Ranulf with go off with Ike too.

We don't know how long after RD Ike wandered off, but he and Kurthnaga agreed that they would see each other again. As it is quite likely that Soren would still be with Ike, and Almedha with Kurthnaga, there could have been other opportunities for Soren and Almedha to meet again.

Even if Almedha did reveal that she was Soren's mother, though, I doubt Soren would take the news very well: She had abandoned him when he was a baby as surely as Ashnard had. Even Rolf didn't want to see his own mother (who had abandoned him as well), and Soren has a much bigger chip on his shoulder than Rolf does.

As for Ike... well, he's on record for saying that he didn't give two figs who Soren's parents were, but he did seem to be at least a bit sympathetic to Almedha in their first meeting. He has also taken up Greil's creed: "It doesn't matter what our blood ties are; we are all family."

He does look like Kurth and i did notice this way back in FE9 (before FE10 came out.) But if you really look hard, Soren is starting to resemble Rajaion in the FE10 portrait. Does that mean Soren is gonna look a bit more like that when hes older? :drool:

Most likely. Then again, since it's implied that Rajaion was older than Kurthnaga, Kurthnaga might look more like that when he's older too.

Edited by Paper Jam

Almedha

Ah, yes, yes. Pardon me, calling out to you like that... I was confused.

Soren

Don't let it trouble you. If you'll excuse me.

(Soren leaves)

Almedha

I don't believe it.

Kurthnaga

That boy is the staff officer for the Greil Mercenaries. What made you call out to him like that?

Almedha

I...

Kurthnaga

Sister?

Almedha

Because I have lost the power of my birthright, I thought... Maybe I wouldn't be able to...That I might not be able to recognize my own child. But when her own true son stands before her, no mother could fail to know. Oh, my son, you've lived and grown strong.

Kurthnaga

You can't mean...Soren is your son?

That is all.

That is all.

What is all? If you're referring to my previous post, there is evidence that that first meeting wouldn't be their last:

Ike

As you wish. Well then, Lady Almedha, Prince Kurthnaga. Take care of yourselves.

Kurthnaga

Yes. And you as well. I know we shall meet again (my emphasis).

Make Soren fight Micaiah in Part 3 Chapter 7.

What ?

How can you possibly do that and survive ?

I mean, there's already the difficult Ike/BK fight to initiate.

BK will kill Soren as soon he is in range.

Unless may be if you drop him at turn 11 (it's a 12 turns map ?), when the BK is already in poursuit of Ike and perhaps out of Soren's range.

Never tried that.

Thanks for the information.

Edited by Repulsif

Dual rescue drops. Drop him first with like Haar then rescue him with Janaff or something. You may need Reyson to Canto him (in which case you can rescue Reyson with Ulki).

Dual rescue drops. Drop him first with like Haar then rescue him with Janaff or something. You may need Reyson to Canto him (in which case you can rescue Reyson with Ulki).

Or you could use Meteor.

What ?

I mean, there's already the difficult Ike/BK fight to initiate.

BK will kill Soren as soon he is in range.

Unless may be if you drop him at turn 11 (it's a 12 turns map ?), when the BK is already in poursuit of Ike and perhaps out of Soren's range.

Never tried that.

Thanks for the information.

Meteor helps. BK also moves on turn 10 or 11 so you can just lure him away first.

Meteor is pretty easy to use in that chapter on Micaiah if Soren is at a decent level. (Not recommended for Hard mode!) Its kinda hilarious when Sothe activates Guard though. Plus the "Shut up Mary Sue" speech Soren gives her is awesome.

Having Soren move in range, Meteor her ass, and have Haar (or even Jill if you swiped her) rescue drop him, its easily done. Plus Ike can move into BK's range, card him for the convo, and then be rescuedropped, bam! Requirement fulfilled.

Soren also has to fight Pelleas in 3-Endgame. Hope you didnt use up that Meteor!

Ameldha abandoned her son?

If I remember correctly Ashnard got rid of his son after he found out his child didn't get special powers from being a branded, which is one of the reasons he made Ameldha his mistress.

Edited by arvilino

Soren also has to fight Pelleas in 3-Endgame. Hope you didnt use up that Meteor!

Not that it matters that much if you did; it's pretty easy to get Soren within two spaces of Pelleas before the Chaos meter fills up, and Pelleas has his own long-range tome anyway (which he will use on Soren, triggering the same conversation, if Soren and nobody else is within ten spaces of him).

It's possible that Pelleas might single Soren out even if Soren isn't the only unit within range of his Fenrir, but I'm not in a position to test that right now.

Edited by Paper Jam

Soren also has to fight Pelleas in 3-Endgame.

wait, what? are you sure you have to do this? because I'm sure I've had the epilogue conversations, but I can't remember ever doing either of these things.

wait, what? are you sure you have to do this? because I'm sure I've had the epilogue conversations, but I can't remember ever doing either of these things.

the information is from inaccurate FAQ'S on gamefaqs is where all that mess started.

personaly you don't have to do all that much to get that convo to happen other then have transfered A support, and get an A support with those games, have Ike Fight the black Knight in 3-7(which is also required to get Lethran IIRC).

least thats all i had to do

personaly you don't have to do all that much to get that convo to happen other then have transfered A support, and get an A support with those games, have Ike Fight the black Knight in 3-7(which is also required to get Lethran IIRC).

Thats wrong as well, you don't need the supports to get the epilogue conversation of Ameldha... It makes sense however to have Soren fight Pelleas at the very least and Pelleas fight Izuka.

Thats wrong as well, you don't need the supports to get the epilogue conversation of Ameldha... It makes sense however to have Soren fight Pelleas at the very least and Pelleas fight Izuka.

Pelleas does NOT have to fight Izuka to trigger Soren's conversation with Almedha. All that conversation reveals is that Pelleas isn't Ashnard's son, and Pelleas would have figured that out anyway.

I beat the game, making Soren fight Pelleas but fulfilling no other requirements, and didn't get the conversation. I beat the game again, making Soren fight both Micaiah and Pelleas (but not making Pelleas fight Izuka or Sephiran), and did get it. So I'm pretty sure that the information is accurate.

Those are the requirements for Soren's endgame conversation with Ike, not his epilogue conversation with Almedha. Two different conversations, two different sets of requirements.

Edited by Paper Jam

It makes perfect sence for Soren to be Ashanrd & Almedha's son. Look at the Royal Black Dragons. They all have green hair or black hair (exception for Rajaion), red eyes, and a red mark thing on there head. Soren got black hair, red eyes, and that red mark on his fore head. Soren's mean behavior in POR he could have inherited from his dad, which he work on, and gotten kinder in RD. The reason why Almedha thought Pellas was her son, was because he had the mark on his arm which she thought was the brand. But then when Pelleas discover she was a Laguz, he denied her being his mother because he knew he was not a Branded. If you guys dont believe that Soren is there son, then you should also deny Micaiah being Sanaki's older sister and the true Apostle!

post-3790-052292300 1314040865_thumb.png

post-3790-048364100 1314040869_thumb.png

post-3790-067218300 1314040873_thumb.png

post-3790-067407800 1314040877_thumb.png

post-3790-073952900 1314040881_thumb.png

Edited by Lehran

Pelleas' spirit mark was on his forehead, just like Soren's brand. He first showed it to Micaiah by accident when wiping sweat off of his face in chapter I.7.

The mark on his arm was the Blood Pact mark.

And Rajaion's hair was black too, or a very dark gray that got lighter due to the Feral drug.

Edited by Paper Jam