[FE11] And now... The SOYO Knickerbocker Recruit-All--Drafted-Units Random Reclass Roundup!

13th

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: misread a quote block

Anyway, I'd be up for reversing the roles. And 13th, it's ok if you can't log in often, as I have 2 drafts to finish and a lot of work to do, so I wouldn't be able to start for a while anyway.

Edited by Whitefang

Sorry about the delay, I draft Midia

Also, I wouldn't really be up to reversing the roles after this, since I think I would be guaranteed to lose and I probably wouldn't finish.

Edited by rigadoog

They add turns to their respective maps. I don't see how that's bad. Also, Merric sucks if he's not a mage.

IMO Wendell doesn't cost much (recruit Merric and have him do it) and Merric costs 1 turn. Also, Wendell is actually quite good at base level in every class and can save turns that way, and if you get him as sage or bishop, he can be a good part of your army the whole game. Merric is good in both Cavalier (purely because every class A is good at cavalier) and mage and okay as curate so he has a 3/5 chance of being useful - the rest of the time he's totally useless though. I, personally, wouldn't pick Merric this early in a SOYO because he has a reasonable upside.

Edited by XiSrOn

They add turns to their respective maps. I don't see how that's bad. Also, Merric sucks if he's not a mage.

Merric costs one turn (if he even does, he's on marth's route) and gives you instant Excalibur. Unless I'm SERIOUSLY underestimating FEDS NM, there are still General bosses shortly after Merric shows.

Wendell is an incredible unit and costs Merric's recruitment to recruit, because Marth doesn't have to divert and his squad is easy even on hard modes.

They suck because they cost a turn, but in this case, you probably won't have a Cain/Abel/Frey decimating the army as an Archer or Mage or something.

And Merric makes a good cav too, due to tons of stat boosters, and NM enemies being lol.

There's no doubting that Wendell is good for reclass (he makes a better Sniper than Jeorge), but I don't think Merric is very good if he isn't in a magic class, his strength growth rates in all of them is <20, and if you really want Excalibur, you can still recruit him even if he isn't drafted for you, right? Though I do agree with XiSrOn, and I wouldn't draft him that early.

Edited by rigadoog