Round 4 is in progress

Rules

-4 stock

-Time limit is at 12 minutes

-3 out of 5 matches

-Friendly Fire is off

-Pool style tournament

-5 rounds @ 1 week each

-No planking. Planking is defined as 5 ledgegrabs in a row.

-Sudden death can be used to dispute ties.

-In case of a suicide win, the win goes to the player that causes the suicide.

-Only legal item is Team Healer, and it can only be set to low. It is up to the individual players if they want this on or off. Matches can be played with or without Team Healer. Teams may agree beforehand to guarantee this is off/on if they'd like.

-Legal stages are:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Delfino Plaza

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 2

Castle Siege

Smashville

Shadow Moses Island

Pokemon Stadium

Teams

1. Waha Quintessence - Knife (Kila, FC: 0688-7328-3168) and Quintessence (Omega, FC: 1805-3733-1145)

2. The Senators - kirsche (kirsche, FC: 5198-5406-3863) and 55caasi (I55, FC: 2578-2884-0185)

3. Dragon Slayers - DragonBladeSniper (Gen, FC: 4813-9244-9494) and SlayerX (Sl~er, FC: 0645-5431-2638)

4. ChaoticBlaze - Luffy (Luffy, FC: 0473-7705-4433) and ChaosKitty (KaoZ, FC: 1376-6029-9197)

5. Finnish TechSkill - mmKALLL (KALL, FC: 2451-5603-6179) and Dyna (Dyna, FC: 3910-0171-9543)

6. Xandercore - Xanderdog (Xanderdog, FC: 2365-8127-2360) and Core (Core, FC: 3265-6465-1018)

Score as of Round 3

brawlpools.png

To sign-up

-To sign up as a sub, just post your Brawl name and FC.

Previous Rounds

[spoiler=Round 1]

Waha Quintessence vs. Dragon Slayers - Waha Quintessence wins 3-0

The Senators vs. ChaoticBlaze - ChaoticBlaze wins 3-0

Finnish TechSkill vs. Xandercore - Xandercore wins 3-0

[spoiler=Round 2]

The Senators vs. Dragon Slayers - The Senators wins 3-1

ChaoticBlaze vs. Finnish TechSkill - ChaoticBlaze wins 3-0

Xandercore vs. Waha Quintessence - Waha Quintessence wins 3-1

[spoiler=Round 3]

The Senators vs. Xandercore - Match delayed to Round 4

Waha Quintessence vs. Finnish TechSkill - Waha Quintessence wins 3-1

ChaoticBlaze vs. Dragon Slayers - ChaoticBlaze wins 3-0

Current Round - Round 4

The Senators vs. Waha Quintessence

Dragon Slayers vs. Finnish TechSkill

ChaoticBlaze vs. Xandercore

The Senators vs. Xandercore

Edited by Knitty

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me in. My Brawl name is Omega and my FC is: 1805-3733-1145. *(Unpaired)*

Be aware that I'm only available at week nights and weekend evenings and nights, if it suits the tournament's limit date, then I'm in, if not, then let me know.

I voted no friendly fire and swiss tournament.

Edited by Quintessence

I'll join.

Cool, what's your brawl name and FC?

Why can't you guys do these when I get my new disc? :facepalm:

This isn't gonna start for a while, maybe you'll be able to join in by then.

Sign me in. My Brawl name is Omega and my FC is: 1805-3733-1145. *(Unpaired)*

Be aware that I'm only available at week nights and weekend evenings and nights, if it suits the tournament's limit date, then I'm in, if not, then let me know.

I voted no friendly fire and swiss tournament.

I'm sure we can work around that.

At this point 16 players seem unlikely, so I'll just cut it off at 8. If we're doing Swiss, we'll get 4 rounds anyways which is enough. The rounds will be an entire week long, so this tournament will take a month. Hopefully that will be enough time to get four players to get together and play a set of matches.

As for how random pairing will work: it's not exactly random. I will ask all the participants 3 open ended questions and based on how they are answered, your partner will be paired up with the most similar answer. The reject player who least matches all other players will be paired with me. You are always welcome to pair off on your own.

Also, the players with the (?) need to post their brawl names and FCs.

I haven't done smash in a long long while.

But it's slow days, so sure sign me up.

Will post FC later, unpaired.

PRIDE ingame, FC is 4382-6107-5486

Edited by Pride

Cool, two more added. My math was wrong though, we need 5 teams to be able to do a swiss, considering that the teams can't face themselves. So I've opened up two more slots so we can have a minimum of 4 rounds.

Polls are now closed. Friendly fire being off won by a landslide and while KO was close to Swiss, we couldn't do it because there weren't enough rounds. Just in case anyone was wondering, teammates are allowed to use duplicate characters (like two Ikes).

Also, I still need names and FCs from people who signed up without them.

Edited by Knitty

Alright, I and my friend team up and join this. Be prepared.

mmKALLL / 2451-5603-6179

Dyna / 3910-0171-9543

As always, I can help with all, but I can tell that Swiss can not work with five teams. (In other words, do pools, but this will undoubtedly induce lag, so pair people who are close to each other to be in a team)

Edited by mmKALLL

I'll join. the first week of school can't be that bad can they?

Actually, it might be better. School time means less stress on Brawl servers and therefore less lag. Either way, I'm gonna have to be more lenient on deadlines as a result.

Alright, I and my friend team up and join this. Be prepared.

mmKALLL / 2451-5603-6179

Dyna / 3910-0171-9543

As always, I can help with all, but I can tell that Swiss can not work with five teams. (In other words, do pools, but this will undoubtedly induce lag, so pair people who are close to each other to be in a team)

Yeah, that was one of the questions (and the most important one) I was going to ask when pairing unpaired players. We will be doing pools then, if you want you can make a chart for wins and losses, like that one you made for the draft tournament.

I'll team with you if you want.

Just need Luffy's approval on this, and you guys are paired.

Also, now that we have 6 teams, we will be doing 5 rounds instead of 4.

Oh yeah, I forget about the legal stages list. Anyone have ideas on which stages should or shouldn't be allowed? With 4 players at playing at once, stages have an even larger impact on the battle.

Edited by Knitty

Well for school its mostly because i won't have as much time, but i realse teachers don't tend to be so tough on work on the first few weeks of school.

Anywho

Name: Sl~er

FC: 0645-5431-2638

Edited by SlayerX

And there's the great plus in pools that player's can play matches beforehand if all four are on the chat or something at the same time.

I have the pool ready, but I'll need some team names. To make it cooler and all. So once you have a pair, decide on a name and inform me about it (post it in this thread). Otherwise I'll just use your screen names with some kind of separator the sexy random name generator. And that's not cool, I tell you. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edited by mmKALLL

Okay well, here is my list of preliminary legal stages:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Delfino Plaza

Luigi's Mansion (since there are 4 players, wall collapsing is gonna be common and players can free their teammates from wall combos)

Pirate Ship

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 2

Castle Siege

Smashville

Shadow Moses Island (teammates can free foes from walking off the screen with chaingrabbing)

Onett

Corneria

Green Greens

Pokemon Stadium

Anyone want remove/add some stages?

Also, I will start pairing once I get Kirche and Xanderdog's Brawl names and FCs.

Remove Onett and Green Greens. I don't agree with Luigi's Mansion and Shadow Moses either, but they're not quite as bad (okay, Shadow Moses is, it promotes some teams too much) and I think I can live with it. It might even be a fun change. Assuming they get picked.