Berwick Saga

paladin21

Oops, forget that second link. I just remembered it as mentioning something about some Steal tests and noting the number of successful attempts. It does mention that, but the translation is complete gibberish. From what I understand of the first link though:

Level 15 Sene (15 speed, 50 dagger):

100 attacks with only a basic Dagger: 1 activation.

With only a Thief Dagger: 17 activations.

With only a Thief Charm: 18 activations.

Thief Dagger + Charm: 39 activations.

Level 30 Sene:

Dagger: 5 activations.

Thief Dagger: 22 activations.

Charm: 21 activations.

Thief Dagger + Charm: 50 activations.

It goes on to list some specifics about the test, but at that point it's mostly gibberish to me. Google REALLY doesn't handle Chinese -> English very well. :(

About the map count though, remember that of those 22 maps, three are forced (3-1, 11-1, and 12-1). I'm thinking 23 comes from the 19 optional maps + the 4 EX maps.

I'm not sure what to make of that... Certainly doesn't sound like her Mug skill is any good on its own, at least before promotion. The apparently larger increase from having both is also odd, indicating that it may not be consistent.

So there is a third forced map. That makes more sense; I think we can go with that.

Healing formulae:

• Half Heal: HP=(Magic/2+3)
  • Heal I: HP=(Magic+3)+(Holy Magic Skill)%=(Magic+3)*(1+Holy Magic Skill/100)
  • Range Heal: HP=(Magic+3)+(Holy Magic Skill)%=(Magic+3)*(1+Holy Magic Skill/100)
  • Area Heal:
    • MP used: 1 for each 8 units healed (I've read it somewhere, but I haven't been able to test it with many injured characters around).
    • HP=(Magic+3)+(Holy Magic Skill)%=(Magic+3)*(1+Holy Magic Skill/100)

[*]Heal II: HP=(Magic+10)+(Holy Magic Skill)%=(Magic+10)*(1+Holy Magic Skill/100)[*]Dark Heal: Hp=(Magic+10)+(Dark Magic Skill)%=(Magic+10)*(1+Dark Magic Skill/100)

About maps, I agree with YayMarsha.

I know Persvel is usually seen as the weakest mage for not using an ultimate orb, but he's your main (or only) thunder mage for most of the game, and his skills make a great combination to his class and main weapon:

• Continue: no other MAGE has it, and is a pretty good skill on its own.
  • Mercy: it has limited uses, except to incapacitate heavily armored characters you'd have a hard time with physical attackers. Lynette has it, but you don't get her till the very end.
  • Arrow Evade (or Bow Evade, but I don't think you actually evade the bow): This is his PRIMARY skill. He can counter with his Thunder or BernThunder any Bow/X-bow attack, while the other characters that have this skill, Kramer and Elbert, (or can get it in the restaurant, like Ward, Burrows, Fay and Wollo), can only counter attacks from range 1 IF they get 11+ attack speed.

He has the highest magic from the three mages you get before Lynette (excluding Olwen for his skill caps), which helps when using wind magic against non-magical foes (or fire dragons). However, a higher skill cap when promoted wouldn't hurt him at all...

That % thing makes a lot more sense, seeming larger only because of the larger heals from the spells in the first place. I also confirmed it by using the Mind Potion on Olwen and having his heal power go up by 2 instead of 1 with Heal II (he had 9 Mind before, and 20 Holy Skill). So that's good to know.

Fighting archers does make sense as a niche, them being incredibly common and much more troublesome in this game, and him being the only user of the skill to be able to counter them. Thinking about it that way, it also makes sense with why Lanette's personal weapons have increased range, to fight magic more easily. And I've also found his high power with Wind magic to be effective; if only I could say the same about the accuracy... His skill caps are just terrible, though; when I first saw them, I thought they were an error.

On an unrelated note, Bau Crash still confuses me. It seems like it has to do something; all Dark magic does. It has only 8 uses, is only used in the final chapter, has pretty much the worst stats among all Dark magic and essentially the only drawback, has one of the highest ranks, and it was an area attack in TRS... Looking at it next to Hellworm, Tomahan, and Black Meteor, two of which are used within the first four chapters, there just seems to be something wrong.

Also, checking back, it seems I still don't know quite what Holy does. I noticed a few effects could be compared based on the Japanese text...

Holy

攻撃相手を倒さない (something about enemy?)

必ず先手を取る (attacks first?)

Bau Crash

飛行ユニットには無効 (cannot hit flying foes?)

反撃に用いることができない (cannot counterattack?)

Black Meteor

This is pretty much the last bit of weapon confusion.

For skills, I have most things figured out except activation rates. The only skills where I'm just not sure what they do at all are Wrath and Iaido, and the conditions regarding Sylvia's Backhanded skill working (I had thought it doubled the chance all the time, the the wiki seems to indicate that there's more to it). So if we can get these things figured out, the database will be nearly finished.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy

攻撃相手を倒さな (something about enemy?)

い必ず先手を取る (attacks first?)

Bau Crash

飛行ユニットには無効 (cannot hit flying foes?)

Black Meteor

Is Holy's first line missing an い (I)?

I'd interpret it as "cannot kill the enemy"

The other descriptions look correct.

Is Holy's first line missing an い (I)?

I'd interpret it as "cannot kill the enemy"

The other descriptions look correct.

Yeah, it is. Same as Black Meteor's first line. The line breaks weren't originally there; I added them to emphasize the similar (and presumably separate) sections. Looks like just I put it in the wrong place.

So Holy and Black Meteor both have an auto-Mercy effect... interesting, if a bit odd for the latter. Unless it isn't a Mercy effect; the descriptions seem quite different. Could just be a shortened version, though.

Mercy - 敵のHP以上のダメージを与える場合、代わりにHPが1残るようにダメージを与える。

Edited by Othin

Mercy's description looks like the same as FE10- If damage done would go over the enemy's HP, the damage leaves them with 1 HP instead.

Maybe the two spells miss fatal blows like FE5 invincibility? I think I used Holy once, but I don't remember using it KO enemies.

Mercy's description looks like the same as FE10- If damage done would go over the enemy's HP, the damage leaves them with 1 HP instead.

Maybe the two spells miss fatal blows like FE5 invincibility? I think I used Holy once, but I don't remember using it KO enemies.

Yeah, the only difference with Mercy itself is that it's activated by command in this game. And has some rather complex uses with capturing due to the wacky mechanics, and therefore has quite wide distribution - 6 characters, tied with Blade and Throw for second most distributed skill behind Continue's 9.

Seems the wiki left out the last bit of Holy's effect, looking at it in the game. And not that it really matters, but it turns out I was wrong - in the game, the line breaks really are there, but in the opposite order.

(状況によって倒す場合あり)

Don't know if this part exists for Black Meteor or not.

Anyway, with a brief bit of testing, I was able to confirm that Holy indeed both automatically attacks first and leaves an enemy it would kill with 1 HP. It can't even be used to attack an enemy with 1 HP. I suppose Black Meteor works the same way... with its power, it seems almost to function like an FE4 Hell or FE6 Eclipse, but it actually has both range and accuracy. 40% accuracy, but that's not too horrible for Berwick Saga anyway. Certainly helps make it less absurd with its ability to hit anywhere on the map for crazy damage, although I can't decide whether that balance is good or bad. I've only fought one enemy with the spell so far, and I killed him with Larentia before he could do any real damage, so I don't have much experience fighting it personally, but whatever.

Interestingly, Berwick Saga actually handles complete invincibility a bit different from FE5. There are certain effects that can absorb a fatal blow completely - it hits, but for no damage. This appears to be unrelated, though.

That leaves Bau Crash. The second site I've been using, here, which showed the full Holy description, also showed a somewhat different description for Bau Crash. I don't have the means to check which one is accurate with the game, but it may be worth considering...

敵ユニット一体を地面に 叩きつける(対地のみ)

Google Translate: Integrated strike enemy units on the ground (ground only)

Babelfish: It is accustomed to hitting enemy unit one body in the land, (only anti- area)

Certainly seems to be ground-only, but can you get anything out of the rest?

While we're at it, in case it's more accurate, the description that site lists for Black Meteor:

黒い隕石 攻撃相手を倒さない

Still has the "not-killing" part, but now the only other thing it says is, as far as I can tell, "Black Meteor"... perhaps not as helpful as I had expected. But it does seem to confirm that Black Meteor indeed cannot kill, however weird that sounds.

---

On an entirely unrelated note, I've been wondering for some time about the feasibility of adding TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga to this forum's Favorite FE Game field; in fact, intending to post that suggestion was what lead to me discovering this thread in the first place. Your thoughts, Vincent?

---

So looking at the other site's skill section a bit more, it explains several skills I had been wondering about, including relevant chances, but I'm still left confused about the exact chances and function of Strike and Mug/Mug II. It also shed some light on other matters, though, such as Marcel - it seems he has an invisible skill decreasing his movement until LV15. There are also a couple of other invisible, enemy-only skills with seemingly largely irrelevant effects, which I'll figure out and add at some point. I don't think they're really a priority, or even necessary.

And changing the subject again, does anyone know what the Mana Stones do?

使用すると数ターンの間 索敵範囲外なら発見されない

Edited by Othin

For skills, this is the list I made for FEWoD (in Spanish): http://fireemblemwod.net/trs2/habilidades.htm

It has the skill name (Spanish and Japanese), brief description of the effect, activation formulae for most of them (Sylvis disabling activation rate is missing), and characters that have/gain each skill or can get it in the restaurant. Of course there might be some mistakes and such, but most important things are there.

I think the Mana Stone renders you invisible to the enemy (like if you where hiding in woods, but everywhere with whoever is using it). Just try it, if you get the hiding symbol on your character, you'll be hiding from the enemy.

I can't read Spanish, either...

Do these look accurate? Of course, I'll write them better on the actual database, as with the other skills.

Mug - When hitting an enemy, randomly steals an unequipped item (?%)

Mug II - When hitting an enemy without Robust skill, randomly steals any item up to twice per map; otherwise, can activate Mug skill (?%)

Backhanded - When hitting an enemy, randomly inflicts Crippled status up to 5 times per map (Weapon Skill/2+5)%

The thing that seems most odd is Sylvia's skill being based on an independent chance when it had seemed to simply double the base Cripple rate. But then, that's really just based on wiki, which has proven itself to be one of the less-reliable sources here, and it's not even consistent in the wiki.

Confirmed Mana Stone effect as becoming invisible until moving. Getting another translation, I then decided to change the name to Vanish Stone.

Edited by Othin

Mug II - When hitting an enemy without Robust skill, randomly steals any item up to twice per map; otherwise, can activate Mug skill (?%)

I think Robust skill has nothing to do with it, since I believe any item you can get by killing a character with Axal can be stolen by Czene, and I once got a Thunder brazalet from a robust character with Axal (I had to load several times due Axal not hitting or failing to get an item). I think Czene could have stolen that item too, because the restrictions are supposed to be the same with all three item-getting types (Czene's Mug I and II, Cedi's Steal and however you call Axal's skill).

Not according to the other site (specifically this page), which seems to be the most accurate source. It notes when describing Robbery: 他の盗み系スキルでは不可能な『強健』の敵から装備品を奪える点は見逃せない長所。Babelfish translates it as: With other stealing type skill as for the point which can take the equipment from the impossible 'robust' enemy the merit which cannot be overlooked.

Now, I might be misunderstanding that, but I think it's safe to assume that it's saying it can take equipment from enemies with Robust, unlike the other stealing skills. Based on the rest of the page, Mug and Steal can only steal unequipped items, while Mug II cannot steal equipment from an enemy with Robust, which fits with all of that. Also indicates that Axel can steal some things better than the "actual" thieves, strangely enough.

That just leaves the chance of it activating. The tests YayMarsha linked to seem absurdly low, and I remember when fighting Fells, he would activate Mug every other battle that involved him landing a hit. So unless anyone has a more definite source, we may have to leave the chance as unknown for now.

Changing topic again, I watched YayMarsha's Chapter 15 videos and noticed that Bau Crash definitely does not seem to be an area attack... so I just don't get it. It looks like it's doing something fancy, but doesn't seem to have any corresponding effect, even though literally every other Dark spell does. Also, it appears that criticals do not ignore defenses; multiple times in those videos, characters such as Reese hit for less damage than their base damage. I particularly remember noticing Reese attack a Gigas Knight in the throne room with Succeed and 100% critical. Reese's physical attack was in the 20s, beaten by 1 point by the Gigas Knight's Defense, and his magical attack was 15 while the Gigas Knight's Mind was 11. Rather than doing at least 20+/15 damage on the critical hits, he did 19/4 and 17/4 damage, which lines up much more logically with my other thought - the critical hits don't ignore Defense at all, but just add 10-20 damage. And then I proceeded to play my own file and have Larentia crit the General boss; he had 29 Defense when blocking with his shield (which he did, having 91% accuracy with it), while she had 17 Attack with the Chalice Sword. Her crit did 19 damage, indicating that unless it added 31 damage, some defense-piercing was at work there. Keeping past observances in mind (both in YayMarsha's video and my own experiences), I wonder if it might ignore shields, but not defense entirely. That would put the damage increase at 14, much more plausible.

On an unrelated note, does the final boss ever appear anywhere else in the game? He seems to have Beldo syndrome.

---

So I've been working on the ranks, and while the site Paladin linked to has a list of the civilian requests by name, it doesn't actually describe them, which is less helpful. Does anyone know where I could find descriptions of each of the civilian requests and what they entail?

---

So I was playing farther into Chapter 7, and I wound up with Axel about to get killed by a powerful archer. None of my characters could reach the archer, so I was worried until I remembered that my team included a manly man who didn't need to reach his enemies to mess with them. I called out to Elbert: "Save him, Basch! Save him with your face!" But even though the archer was only a couple of hexes away, Provoke couldn't target him. Axel died.

So what are the limits on Provoke? Does the enemy not only have to be within the 5-hex range, but also have to be able to reach the character using the skill in one turn? I thought I remembered using it on enemies that were too far for that, so now I'm really confused.

Edited by Othin

So I've been working on the ranks, and while the site Paladin linked to has a list of the civilian requests by name, it doesn't actually describe them, which is less helpful. Does anyone know where I could find descriptions of each of the civilian requests and what they entail?

In each of the map pages in this site you can find the residents requests: http://www42.tok2.com/home/joll/

It's located just after the map in a table.

So I was playing farther into Chapter 7, and I wound up with Axel about to get killed by a powerful archer. None of my characters could reach the archer, so I was worried until I remembered that my team included a manly man who didn't need to reach his enemies to mess with them. I called out to Elbert: "Save him, Basch! Save him with your face!" But even though the archer was only a couple of hexes away, Provoke couldn't target him. Axel died.

So what are the limits on Provoke? Does the enemy not only have to be within the 5-hex range, but also have to be able to reach the character using the skill in one turn? I thought I remembered using it on enemies that were too far for that, so now I'm really confused.

I think that I the Provoke skill has to have the target able to reach the provoker or it can also be a matter of levels. If the enemy has moved might be another point of influence. I'm not really sure about this.

In each of the map pages in this site you can find the residents requests: http://www42.tok2.com/home/joll/

It's located just after the map in a table.

I think that I the Provoke skill has to have the target able to reach the provoker or it can also be a matter of levels. If the enemy has moved might be another point of influence. I'm not really sure about this.

Ah, good find.

Looking at it, one of the Ch2 requests and one of the Ch3 requests are parts of the goals for the bounty and collector lists, most likely to serve as introductions for the two functions. Although the game seems to classify them as civilian requests, I'm guessing they don't count towards the Fame rank, since they already count towards Action, which would explain the discrepancy and just leave the expected 35 requests.

Elbert was able to target another nearby enemy that had already moved but could reach him, while the archer hadn't moved, so that's not it. I'm 99% certain I've had Elbert target enemies while they couldn't reach him on their next turn, although it may have been a matter of other enemies being in the way than him actually being outside of their movement ranges. I didn't think to check level; I'll test that next.

Edit: So the archer was in question was LV10, while Elbert was LV10-11 at the time. On the next map, Sedy, at LV3, successfully used Provoke on a LV14 soldier which, because of a terrain divide, was about 10 turns away. It's not level, it's not ability to reach them in one turn, so now I'm really confused.

Edit2: Ah, I see. The enemy has to be able to move to some space where they can attack, not immediately, but eventually. If the enemy won't move, even if they could, that counts for that. And the archer seemed to be stationary, so he couldn't reach Elbert, ever.

Edited by Othin

If they have been attacked, or something alike, they're supposed to be provoked, but I'm not sure on that.

Are you talking about the Fury skill? That's separate; it makes some enemies get auto-Provoked. That's why they turn red.

I remember Provoke giving enemies the benefit of a use of Yell at some points, but never consistently. Do you have any idea what causes that?

Are you talking about the Fury skill? That's separate; it makes some enemies get auto-Provoked. That's why they turn red.

I remember Provoke giving enemies the benefit of a use of Yell at some points, but never consistently. Do you have any idea what causes that?

What Fury skill? I don't know which one you're talking about. I know that sometimes they get the provoked status upon being hit, but what I meant is that once they start moving or are attacked, they seem more keen on being provoked by Elbert/Cedi/Clifford. By the way, why do you call Elbert Basch? I think I missed a chapter here...

What Fury skill? I don't know which one you're talking about. I know that sometimes they get the provoked status upon being hit, but what I meant is that once they start moving or are attacked, they seem more keen on being provoked by Elbert/Cedi/Clifford. By the way, why do you call Elbert Basch? I think I missed a chapter here...

http://www42.tok2.com/home/joll/skill_teki.html

Basch is a

from YayMarsha's Berwick Saga videos, alongside a few other things. I think it's a reference to something, but I'm not really sure what.

---

On repairs, I was able to make sense out of the information on the wiki about how repairs work for different uses of the weapons - putting that together with information from the Tok site, I was able to work out a couple of tables that can be used to determine uses, chance of breaking, and cost to repair. I then was able to test a few more items by using those tables to extrapolate; there are certain points where it's possible to project that you've reached the maximum number of Repair Stone uses needed without getting the durability all the way down to red. I'll keep testing this where I can; the listing isn't complete, and it won't be until someone hacks into the game's to find out for sure, but it's helpful in the meantime.

The weird thing is, of the four sites I'm referencing, two of them did hack to get information, as evidenced by their listings of apparently unused items (the Old Imperial Sword, the Fire/Thunder/Holy S Shields, and the Fire/Wind/Thunder/Holy/Dark M Shields). However, one is the Miru site Paladin found, which doesn't list repair information at all, and the other is Pegasus Knight, which lists repair information for everything and is incredibly wrong on almost all accounts in ways I can't begin to guess at the reasons for. So it's really just Tok's background, the wiki's incomplete data, and my testing, which is proving to take annoyingly long for the items that remain.

On a related note, in YayMarsha's Chapter 4 video, he mentions costs of weapon durability as issues with the Parry and Axe Defense skills. On the Tok page, it indicates that shields lose durability four times as fast as weapons of the same durability. Does anyone know if weapons used by those two skills to block attacks also get the shield treatment and lose 4x durability? I can test it myself, but it might take a while, so if anyone already knows, that would help clear things up.

Edit: My tests indicate that whatever durability is consumed, it's at least lower than 4x. I don't know for sure whether or not it's normal durability, but I'm going to assume it for now, unless anyone has other information.

---

I was able to find a quick way to do average stats and all parameters, so I'm working on that now in a separate file. I also started a section for noting characters' starting items, but I couldn't find information on starting consumable items anywhere - does anyone know where to find that?

Edited by Othin

Posting this as a new post because I really don't think any further edits to the previous post are going to get seen, and this is functionally a project thread anyway.

I finished character averages and parameters, and I've been working on civilian requests. I've found that I'm often never quite sure from raw translations exactly what the requirements for the request are, so this is an area where I'll particularly need the help of someone else for reviewing it. I know YayMarsha completed all the civilian requests in his series, so I assume he knows; I've just been stumbling around doing what seems to make sense and I've completed like half of them that way, but even for those, I'm not always sure what they consisted of.

So at this particular point, I really need to know: Is anyone other than me with experience with Berwick Saga willing to review the database, as per Vincent's suggestion, when I get it to a satisfactory point sometime in the next week? (And yes, I realize I said I would have it finished by around this time last week, but that was just because I kept finding even more things to add.)

Speaking of ranking stuff, I have most of the information for the Happiness rank recorded (to my knowledge), but there are a few anomalies. Many characters require their own ending events (which have certain requirements attached) as part of getting their Happiness point, but a few have different events attached - Izerna apparently requires one of two events; one is Enid's ending, and the other doesn't seem to be anyone's ending, so I'm really not sure what it is and what it requires. Meanwhile, Arthur and Ruby apparently require each other's endings rather than their own, which regardless seem to be separate. Saphira and Larentia seem to require some event, but I'm not sure what (or even if it's the same event), and Paramythis requires something about Saphira, but it's not clear what she has to do, based on what I've been able to find. Perhaps even stranger, Sherpa and Derrick don't seem to have to be recruited to get their Happiness points. Also, I couldn't find any information on characters requiring maximum Happiness to be recruited. Does anyone know of anything to contradict or explain any of these findings?

All that's really left at this stage is these two matters with the Fame and Happiness ranks, finishing up the Starting Items page, maybe cleaning up/expanding the Calculations page, and adding a few more names, especially for bounty targets and horses. And anything else I can find a good way to test Repair costs for, which is mostly bows, although I don't intend to complete that section at this stage, particularly because of the low or nonexistent availability of some items. Also writing a page to explain side chapter requirements and rewriting the Recruitment page to have more information and consistency, if I decide to do those two things, which I probably will. In fact, they're probably the things I'm going to work on next, since they're things I haven't already run into any issues with. After all those, I'll be ready to post it.

...I probably should've been posting more stuff actually from the database for a while, but it constantly has parts incomplete, and getting anything from there to here is a bit of a hassle for some complicated reasons. So I'm just hoping no one minds for now.

Edit: Anyone know how much the Sword Mounting increases Reese's Sword growth rate? I'm guessing 10%, but my success rate when guessing about this stuff hasn't been the greatest so far, so I don't want to assume.

Edit2: Every site I check, I get a different, incomplete explanation for what has to happen with Chaos in Chapter 3 to start towards recruiting Ouro the weird way. I don't suppose anyone knows what's actually true?

Edited by Othin

What do you mean "the weird way"? In chapter 3 I talked to Chaos with Fey and then she was healed by the priest, I've read certain things about.

http://www42.tok2.com/home/joll/ber_chara4.html#chara17

This is what I understand in this site:

Hard way:

Chapter 3: Fight (or talk, I guess that works too, since it triggers a fight scene anyway) Chaos with Fay. Chaos disappears and Fay gets into the house injured (Faramir saved her somehow, luring Chaos away or however). Then Sakhalin, the green priest enters the house and heals Fay and gives her an amulet. During these events I suppose a girl named Laetitia is mentioned, but I didn't actually read the texts.

Chapter 7: Enter monastery with Uolo (it's supposed to be marked with ???). Another event should be triggered. His happiness should be 5 by now.

Chapter 9: Uolo joins if he doesn't appear in any other map until the bridge destruction? Not so sure about this... Maybe he just doesn't appear to be recruited for that map.

Easy way:

Chapter 7: With happiness at 12, he should be recruited with no problem.

I also understood that however you recruit him grants you different ending events for him.

I saw that, although my impression was that Ouro leaves between Ch7 and Ch9.

However, talking to Chaos with Faye is easy. So is the rest of the "hard method", leaving no apparent reason to bother raising his Happiness all the way to 12. Unless you have to do something other than talk to Chaos with Faye.

According to the wiki's Ch3 page:

Leticia events (related events Uoro)

In order to arrive at the theater on the south route successfully priests, it is necessary to withdraw one of the following methods to chaos.

A conversation with Faye (Faye yet if the sortie is automatically raised to the first 10 turns)

Faye will be sally is overthrown

Facing arrest the enemy will be in Chapter 2, you became a prisoner of the enemy to remain

Kill the chaos

Usually the conversation with Fay, a priest arrived at the hall, get the amulet of miracles as events occur.

However, other methods, the event occurs that Sister Laetitia appeared instead.

If you saw this event and subsequent events surrounding Uoro occurs in Chapter 7.

This is not a problem Uoro even interact with the chaotic conditions unrelated to join Faye.

Leticia see the event

Faye can see all the events

Do not leave the Uoro

Get miraculous talisman

Chapter 3 Mission: "Three Priests" in Fay may not sortie

View Leticia events

Facing the arrest in Chapter 2, Section 3 or mission: "Three Priests" must have been in sortie

Can see a little bit of good news Uoro

Decreases instead of joining up Uoro favorability, and dont leave until 稼Ganai the favorability

Goal is to defeat the chaos must

It then goes on to explain strategies for killing Chaos.

Original Japanese version:

レティシアイベント (ウォロー関連のイベント)

南ルートの司祭が無事に館に到着するためには、カオスを下記いずれかの方法で撤退させる必要がある。

フェイで会話する(フェイ未出撃の場合は、10ターン目に自動的に発生)

フェイを出撃させ、倒される

2章で敵にフェイを捕縛させ、敵の捕虜となったままにしておく

カオスを撃破する

通常はフェイで会話し、司祭が館に到着すると、奇跡の護符をもらうイベントが起きる。

しかし、それ以外の方法の場合は、代わりにレティシアというシスターが登場するイベントが発生する。

このイベントを見た場合、7章でウォローにまつわる続きのイベントが発生する。

ここではウォローはいなくても問題無いし、カオスとのやり取りはフェイ加入条件には関係ない。

レティシアイベントを見ない

フェイのイベントを全て見れる

ウォローが離脱しない

奇跡の護符入手

3章任務:「司祭3人」でフェイが出撃しないでも良い

レティシアイベントを見る

2章でフェイが捕縛、または3章任務:「司祭3人」で出撃している必要がある

ウォローのちょっぴり良い話が見れる

ウォローの入団までの好感度が下がる代わりに、離脱するまでに好感度を稼がないといけない

カオス撃破を目指さないといけない

The part that gets my attention is these two lines:

Usually the conversation with Fay, a priest arrived at the hall, get the amulet of miracles as events occur.

However, other methods, the event occurs that Sister Laetitia appeared instead.

Now, I know neither the wiki or the online translations are too reliable, but it seems like this is definitely saying that to set up the events with Ouro, you need to do something other than the events to get the pendant, and cause Leticia to actually appear. It sounds like there may be multiple ways to accomplish that, and killing Chaos may be one of those ways. I can't make sense out of anything else, though.

The Waro event requires you to defeat Chaos in Chapter 3. It's possible if you abuse Dean's Wrath skill and all that stuff, but I chickened out in the video series. If you just talk to Chaos with Faye, then you'll need to get Waro to 12 happiness in order to recruit him. There's a pretty nice page about defeating Chaos on ChinaFE by the way, but some moron put forward slash in one of the image URLs. Just fix that and it's good.

About civilian requests, I really should've mentioned them all as they came up. Unfortunately, I'll have to go off the wiki and memory now, so here goes:

2a: Beat up the dude in one of the houses to the left of the boss.

2b: Beat up the wanted guy.

2c: Either pick up the treasure at the top-left or beat up the Thief who appears around there. I can't remember which, but I'm thinking it's the latter.

3a: Have Axel pick up the shiny treasure in the lake.

3b: Give a Dark Heal tome to the collector.

3c: Have Ward speak to Rodin.

3d: Have Chris speak to Istobal.

4a: Obtain the Fire Axe, Ice Axe, and Thunder Axe.

4b: Obtain some Imperial Shields. (Old? I can't remember.)

4c: Pick up the treasure at the top of the map.

5a: Have Ward speak to the old dude 3 times.

5b: Have Chris speak to Arnold. Pretty sure he needs to survive too.

5c: Capture the moron who exits one of the houses.

5d: Have Izerna speak to Eric.

6a: Have Enid speak to the old guy.

6b: Visit the shop.

6c: Defeat the Lance Knight (not even going to slaughter his name this time) and capture Minas.

7a: Have Shirok visit the house to the right of the escape point.

7b: Visit the lower left house.

7c: Have a Thief (or Axel) beat up some dudes in the houses on the bottom-right. I forget which one you need, so just hit them all.

8a: Have Dowd cut down the weird-looking tree.

8b: Have Reese hit on the lady and her daughter.

8c: Have Ward visit/sit on the church tile for a while.

8d: Visit the shop.

9a: Have Adel visit the house on the right (near the bridge).

9b: Have Reese speak to the Archer hanging out at the top-right.

9c: Get some Imperial Spears.

9d: Have Istobal speak to Sophie.

10a: Have Chris visit the red roof house.

10b: Fight the Mercenary inside one of the houses.

10c: Have Leon visit the graveyard. Choose "ビードロ."

11a: Have Ward speak to Rodin again.

11b: Let two enemy units pass through the defense point. The first appears on turn 11 and the second appears on turn 17. Neither will attack you, so that's how you'll know.

12a: Get the shiny treasure in the lake.

12b: Speak to the civilian in the center of the bottom-right village.

13a: Rescue the horses.

13b: Defeat the ballista reinforcement that appears at the bottom-right on turn 11.

That should cover everything. Hopefully that helps.

Edited by YayMarsha

Ah, that does make sense. I can't load ChinaFE for some reason, but the wiki explains fighting him, as well. Honestly, making him break his sword seems like the best option, unless Wrath's added damage ignores the sword's damage reduction or something.

So that really just leaves the civilian requests as the one big obstacle, especially since I'm about to have to start translating requests for chapters I haven't even played yet. Do these look right so far?

Chapter 2

-Defeat Kerusa and obtain Crystal Ring

-Defeat or capture Berrington

-Visit house near starting point, then visit house near boss and fight Mohammed to obtain Medicine Grass Bundle

Chapter 3

-Search for and obtain Ivory Mirror

-Obtain Dark Heal

-Have Ward talk to Rodin to obtain Antelope

-Have Chris talk to Estobar

Chapter 4

-Obtain and deliver the Fire/Ice/Thunder Axes from the bandit trio

-Obtain and deliver three Old Imperial R.Shields

-Search for and obtain Barca Poem

Chapter 5

-Have Ward talk to Gaska three times

-Have Chris talk to Arnold and keep him alive

-Capture Mumba

-Have Izerna talk to Alec and keep him alive

Chapter 6

-Talk to Gonzales and obtain Mithril Powder, and have him escape

-Visit shop and obtain Mithril Necklace

-Capture Sedor

Chapter 7

-Have Sherlock visit the house in the northwest and obtain Thunder Arrowheads

-Visit the house in the far west and obtain Costume

-Have Czene or Sedy search bottom house in southeast and obtain Knit Hat

Chapter 8

-Have Daoud examine the tree and obtain Ash Lumber

-Talk to Martha and have her escape

-Have Ward visit the church and have the priest escape

-Have a character visit the shop and obtain Mysterious Parcel

Never mind, then. Helps a lot, thanks!

Edit: Another thing I was looking at - Happiness stats. I was able to make sense of most of the ones on this page, but it mentions something about the Crippled status and Prisoner exchange - what exactly are those referring to? If they're happening to the actual character, it sounds like they'd decrease the stat, but the site indicates it increases it, so is that wrong, or is it referring to something else entirely?

Edited by Othin

Yeah, I've read something like that as well (on the wiki, I think). Apparently getting a character wounded (not sure about healing) or captured/bought back increases happiness by 1 point each time. It's really stupid, so I've never tried it. If it does work, that would certainly be a great way to get some of the dead weight out of the way early on.

Well, that's just weird. I'm honestly inclined to just leave that part out until we can get more concrete verification on what actually happens and how.

Do you know anything about the weird Happiness rank stuff I mentioned earlier?

On a mostly unrelated note, does something happen with food prices when you have Chris talk to Estobar? The sites I checked seem to indicate the price of the bonus food goes down by 30%, but the prices I was seeing don't seem to line up with that.

Looking into it, it seems the request for Estobar to talk with Sophie isn't counted as a real request. If that means it isn't counted towards the Fame rank, that would mean that there are only 34 requests that count, or 36 if the Bounty and Collector events aren't counted... or 35 if one of them is counted and the other isn't. So now I'm really confused. Any idea what might explain it?

Also, is the request set up by an event in a particular area, and if so, do you remember which? I'm trying to get a list of the areas corresponding with the events (as well as requirements and rewards), but because it isn't a "real" request, I haven't seen that information listed.

And does it require them to talk or fight, or does they lead to each other like with Faye vs. Chaos in Ch3 so it doesn't matter which? I've also been getting conflicting information about that, unless it doesn't conflict.

Also, Basch gets to be a bounty target, since the translation actually worked for him. Unfortunately, he is not a manly man; he is a weak man who hides in a house. Of course, I could always pull an Ettard and have him trade names with something else...

Edited by Othin

And finally, what you've all been waiting for!

http://www.mediafire.com/?cdlq5cqw0mcxp8g

http://www.mediafire.com/?w3iqlbcjgbw300k

Of course, there's still much more to add in the future, and probably certain things that will need correcting, including a few remaining instances of guesswork. But for now, this is enough that I'm willing to offer it to Vincent in hopes of it filling out the main site's Berwick Saga page and dragging it out of the archives, to put it on a whole new level of accessibility for English-speaking players. Although, as Vincent noted, it would be best if Paladin, YayMarsha, or anyone else who's played Berwick Saga can review it first.

Otherwise, I'm going to let the database speak for itself.

Edited by Othin

Yeah. I can convert them to other formats if necessary.

http://www.mediafire.com/?svr12qrxsx021jt

http://www.mediafire.com/?m3qpbb2l8whcnhx

Don't know if this is any more helpful, since it isn't Excel at all, but it's the format I had already converted them to. That in mind, these may be more helpful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lyu1n32u48frg3r

http://www.mediafire.com/?08e003700bfk208