An improvement to Cyas

luigi bros

Would you use Cya over Sety...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. If he kept all ten of his Authority Stars?

• Yes
    • No

If Cyas had 10 Authority Stars like he does as an enemy in Chapter 22, would you use him over Sety?

I would still get Sety, although 10 Stars does sound tempting.

Edit: I gave in. Cyas would be much better.

Edited by luigi bros

At that late in the game, I wouldn't care either way. If I chose one it'd be for the sake of using one. I don't generally whip out late-game characters unless I had the intent to use one from the start--otherwise, I already have my team prepared :/

Me. Although after reading these posts, I'll change it to yes.

I'm a little surprised since you started the topic. Anyway, for me it wouldn't be definite. It'd definitely be more towards Cyas, but it would probably be a mood thing.

• 2 weeks later...

- Authority stars don't improve atk or AS.

- Authority stars don't increase mag (allowing for more universal targeting with status staves) and don't increase staff accuracy.

- Authority stars don't increase critical hit or PCC.

1 Sety still does things that 10 Othins with +30 hit and avo can't.

- Authority stars don't improve atk or AS.

- Authority stars don't increase mag (allowing for more universal targeting with status staves) and don't increase staff accuracy.

- Authority stars don't increase critical hit or PCC.

1 Sety still does things that 10 Othins with +30 hit and avo can't.

Well, Cyas is just as good as Sety with a staff, so you wouldn't be losing a staff user. Cyas would be a worse combatant than Sety, but he'd let people like Asvel or Othin basically do with a normal tome or weapon what Sety does with Holsety, dodge tank, just with less attack, but for the most part that isn't too much of a problem. Sety'd still be really good because of his ridiculous offense, but Cyas would be a better support unit than Sety.

Well, Cyas is just as good as Sety with a staff, so you wouldn't be losing a staff user. Cyas would be a worse combatant than Sety, but he'd let people like Asvel or Othin basically do with a normal tome or weapon what Sety does with Holsety, dodge tank, just with less attack, but for the most part that isn't too much of a problem. Sety'd still be really good because of his ridiculous offense, but Cyas would be a better support unit than Sety.

The thing is that Sety can do some unique things that Asvel and Othin can't, namely, Rewarp himself into a pile of enemies and then Rescue units to catch up. He also has 8 move, making him more mobile.

Rewarping powerhouses into enemies is hilarious fun, I have to agree. In a casual non-efficient play, you can make characters like Sara do that (though obviously not nearly as well as Sety) and it's awesome.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

The thing is that Sety can do some unique things that Asvel and Othin can't, namely, Rewarp himself into a pile of enemies and then Rescue units to catch up. He also has 8 move, making him more mobile.

A rewarped Sara under the 10 star leadership of Cyas would have the same result unless we're factoring enemies with huge magic in them... which is rare. It's possibly not limited to just Sara too. In non-efficient play, getting 10 leadership stars from Cyas would probably mean that most top/high tier units would be as evasive (or very close) as Sety and then the only thing Sety would have over them in terms of combat is the overkill power of Holsety.

Edited by Sirius