Itemafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Seven Deadly Sins

It was supposed to be the biggest archaeological find in years. Satellite imaging and some hard work led to an ancient tomb in the Sahara Desert, which appeared to be filled with artifacts and riches hidden from the world for years. A team of archaeologists was quickly dispatched to plumb the depths of the tomb and recover any and all artifacts there. However, some... less scrupulous individuals have infiltrated the team with one aim: to seize as much loot as possible and get out alive.

Meanwhile, an ill wind blows through the tomb. Now unsealed, the ancient spirits within rush forth, seeking vengeance on those that would disturb their eternal slumber. Confronted with the spirits of the dead possessing their associates, and the mysterious radio silence that has fallen over the camp, it's clear that these archaeologists will have to use everything at their disposal to stay alive.

Rules are pretty simple here:

1: This is an OC game. There are no restrictions on PMs, but I would like to be included in all conversations.

2: There are exactly 3 roles: Archaeologist (Village), Possessed (Mafia), Thief (Competing Neutral). Other than the Mafia's team kill and the Thieves' special abilities, there are no power roles.

3: This game of Mafia is all about items, and will be the main source of powers. Items can be acquired at night, traded, or used, and each item has its own effect which will be noted when the item is acquired. Each player starts with 1 item at random.

4: On night 0, the only players who receive role PMs will be Mafia, and the Night 0 kill will be replaced with a Mark, recruiting the target. Remaining role PMs will be sent out at the beginning of Day 1, as well as items.

5: Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "##Vote USER" in bold, or "##No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you do not have to edit the old vote of yours out. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0, but deaths will not happen on Night 0.

6: If there's a tie, the person who accrued the votes first dies.

7: Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action.

8: After death you are only allowed to make info-free posts. They could be simple "Fuck you all you guys suck" posts, or "Good luck guys" sort of posts. As long as they doesn't contain any information about the game, it's fine. That said, don't excessively deadtalk, if living players/the hosts ask you to be quiet, do it.

9: If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM with the message "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

10: Don't ask for or post Role PMs.

Players:

8. Snike (Snikitty)

11. The Magnificent Psykini

15. Strawman (Strawman the DucksawDucky)

18. Blitz kitty

Deceased:

5. Sho.M.The.Heap.Master - Sick Beats - Lynched Day 1 - Archaeologist

9. Radiant Dragon (Radiant Kitty) - Slice And Dice - Killed Night 1 - Archaeologist

17. Sober Emo Girl - Irradiated - Died mysteriously Night 2 - Thief

7. kirsche - Stolen Life - Killed Night 2 - Thief

12. Luka M (Reinfleche) - Fighting Back - Lynched Day 3 - Possessed

13. zorbees - If one doesn't get you... - Killed Night 3 - Archaeologist

14. Pariah - Extra Crispy - Killed Night 3 - Archaeologist

6. Kiku-Ichimonji - Head Smash - Lynched Day 4 - Possessed

3. WeaponsofMassConstruction - Double Burn - Killed Night 4 - Archaeologist

16. Life Admiral - Unanimous Decision - Lynched Day 5 - Possessed

1. Kaoz (Chaoskitty) - Drawing Dead - Killed Night 5 - Archaeologist

2. eclipse (Clipseykitty) - All Together Now - Lynched Day 6 - Possessed

10. Core - The Last Victim? - Killed Night 6 - Archaeologist

Winners:

4. Paperblade (Paperkitty) - Last Thief Standing

The mafia Role PMs will go out shortly, and once you guys have figured out your mark, send it along.

Edited by Seven Deadly Sins

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or instead the Mafia can tie up the lynch to essentially kill two Townies a phase? How is that balanced?

Lynch goes both ways. Just because "the Lynch is the town's only tool" doesn't mean it can't be used against them. There are arguments for both, but neither actually favors a specific side. A tie can be manipulated to support either side in different situations, but at the very least...

If two different townies are up for lynch and it's a tie, the town gets off scot-free despite *everyone* having made a bad decision. I don't like that. Likewise with 2 Mafia tying being a total win for Mafia. Neither system has any blatant benefit for either side.

EDIT: If you want to discuss this further, take it to PM.

Edited by Seven Deadly Sins

If two different townies are up for lynch and it's a tie, the town gets off scot-free despite *everyone* having made a bad decision. I don't like that. Likewise with 2 Mafia tying being a total win for Mafia. Neither system has any blatant benefit for either side.

Sure, you can come up with two situations where it benefits one side then the other, but more often than not the person voted for second is the one the Town wants lynched, and votes for the first are from inactives and Mafia trying to save their scumbuddy.

Edit: Also, do we know how many Mafia there are at the start?

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I've made my decision, and this isn't the first time I've hosted a game of Mafia. This is how I've done it since forever, and I prefer it this way. Maybe this makes people put a little more thought into lynchrolls, knowing it can't just be tied up at will? Who knows.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this: Lynching someone in a tie will more often than not screw one faction or the other over, where letting them both off in case of a tie more often than not won't screw anyone over.

Why do you even argue over something like this in public

Wouldn't it be better to adress that in the role PM or something

itt Raymond claims scum

Edited by Paperkitty