Rumor: New Fire Emblem on the Way?

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe this rumor of a new Fire Emblem game at all?

• Yes
    • No

Yea after the nonexistent release of Fire Emblem for us in the US and/or other places not Japan, i'm not holding my breath for this

dry.gif

But I wish it was true

unsure.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want it to be real, but I seriously doubt it.

Elibe has been abandoned a long time ago, and outside of a remake, it won't get another game.

Okay...

Yes, I've played Sword of Seals and I still enjoyed Blazing Sword, whether it was necessary for the storyline or not.

Elibe and Archanea are my two favorite continents of the series, and I would like to see another game centered on the previous. However, I think it'd be better if it told the story of The Scouring instead of some new conflict. Adding dragons, short of Fa and maybe Idenn, would be nearly impossible in general terms unless Idenn managed to get her soul destroyed... again. And that would be rather desperate, if you ask me.

As for the title itself, it's possible it's a pending title. Not that I really believe this is going to happen... But either way, what other weapons could there be other than the Eight Legendary Weapons? Yes, they introduce a few in Blazing Sword, but I highly doubt this rumored game is bringing those back, save maybe the Sol Katti. Maybe. Really big maybe. As for the Lance... I've got nothing.

I'm getting a little tired of remakes, but I wonder what else IS could do with the series. I mean, how do you beat taking out a goddess? And we've seen enough conflicts revolving around Manaketes. I mean, yes, it's a FE staple, but the whole "Kingdom A invades Nation B in war, lord C meets allies D,E,F, and so on, lord C meets dragon G, big enemy H appears, lord C acquires legendary weapon I, lord C battles big enemy H and probably marries ally D, E, or F."

• 2 weeks later...

This rumor's still getting around, apparently.

www.neogaf.com

I'm worried about what the poster had to say....

"I was told that he expects to see a new Fire Emblem, a new Castlevania, and a Contra but doesn't expect a lot of people will be happy with the direction those games are taking."

Hopefully he just means they're going 3DS. I think a new Fire Emblem for either (both) the 3DS and Wii U is likely, but I'm hoping for 3DS here so we don't have to wait so long. Even if it's just a 3DS version of New Mystery of the Emblem (like Atlus did with the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked), I'll be be good with it.

Regardless, I guess we'll know in a week if any of this pans out.

Edited by Klytus

Eh, IGA alreddy said he wanted to make a 3DS Castlevania a bit after the 3DS reveal, and 3DS Contra is confirmed. Given Fire Emblem isn't a dead franchise in Japan like NoA made it outside Japan, I'm sure one will come eventually unless it all goes to the Wii U this gen.

Confirmed by Nintendo.

2mfx8q8.png

I wasn't able to get any ingame screenshots since I didn't react fast enough.

Guess Fire Emblem isn't dead after all.

Edited by Krad

Looks like the rumor was true after all. Iwata just announced it at the conference.

PART of the rumor was true. Aka "New Fire Emblem". It doesn't seem like the details of said rumor hit on it.

Though it's kinda too early to tell.

I call "stupidity" if it's an Elibe sequel like the rumor states.

It had three people in a fight, two on one. D-did they actually add something significant?

As a note to anyone that didn't get to see, it did not use the 11/12 graphic style. The overworld looked sorta 2D (quality was too bad to tell) but the battles were 3D.

I love the tentative title design. But then again, reusing title designs was pretty much staple for the series for a while.

Link? Should be added or else new topic, for peeps to have easy info access.

Edited by Celice

It had three people in a fight, two on one. D-did they actually add something significant?

Eh. The armor knight standing in the background just followed the player units around, so who knows?

I'm honestly not sure how to feel about what I just saw. I like the touch that you see other nearby units when you go to attack a unit during hte battle animation, but I couldn't make out the rest of it too well.

I think there might very well be a team up mechanic, and what I'm seeing is making me grin big. Notice how 2 cavs go up against an enemy, and when the enemy attacks the green cav, the red one gets in the way of it. A unit attacks a pegasus knight, and the merc does the counterattacking. Notice the armor standing by the merc's side as it does a Shooting Star Strike (I refuse to call it Astra).

The Wheel of Hype is Turning...

Datartstyle.png

Definitely not the FE art style we know.

Yeah. It looks more FFT-ish, or somewhere along those lines (I can't think of many RPGs right now).

At any rate: 1.) Any chance this new FE really is in a new setting? 2.) Any chance this will be localized? The fact that I can't think of any 3DS emulatior out there being the main reason, should fans take the translation into their own hands like with FE12.

From what I'm reading in this topic, pages are apparently being taken from games like Valkyria Chronicles 2* (2 player co-op in a turn based strategy game). But at any rate, things are starting to look up.

*: The best example I can think of, since I don't know many turn based strategy games with multiplayer co-op.

I can only hope that this gets an NTSC release. The 3DS is region locked and that makes importing the game an even greater investment than before.

The new art style could be interesting and the new setting is very welcome. I had nothing against visiting Akanea but I am ready for something new.