Rumor: New Fire Emblem on the Way?

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe this rumor of a new Fire Emblem game at all?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, at least it improved vastly beyond what FE6 was :):

This is kinda why I'd actually look forward to an FE6 remake ;;>> Though if FE11's any sign, they wouldn't change up too much...One can hope foolishy though.

Looks like a 2ch rumour. There's a new FE announced there every other month, I'm not joking.

ニンテンドー3DSでFE新作『ファイアーエムブレム 碧の聖剣と紅の魔槍』が発売する事が決定した!

舞台は『封印の剣』の約100年後、リキア王国の王子ラウとベルン王国の王女レイアの二人が中心となる物語である。

戦乱は治まり、大陸に平和が訪れていたのだが、突如大きな戦乱により再び争いが起こる・・・。

今作にも仲間が死なない「カジュアルモード」が搭載されており、高難易度「ルナティック」も搭載されている為シリーズファンから初心者まで安心して遊べる設計になっている。

ラウは剣の扱いを得意とし、レイアは槍の扱いを得意とする。今回は最初にどちらかの主人公を選ぶ事で全く違った視点での物語が楽しめ、二人の主人公それぞれに分岐シナリオも用意されているので何度でも遊ぶ事が出来る。

発売は2012年を予定しており、価格は未定との事。

This is kinda why I'd actually look forward to an FE6 remake ;;>> Though if FE11's any sign, they wouldn't change up too much...One can hope foolishy though.

Erm, FE12? I'd say that, based on that, they could make quite a good FE6 remake.

Sounds accurate to me.

If Blazing Sowrd never being made sounds accurate would you mind sharing you're definition of accurate.

[

There was no good story that could be made for FE7, therefore it didn't have one, as has been demonstrated.

I hate to break this to you but having a "bad" storyline doesn't stop something from existing.

If Blazing Sowrd never being made sounds accurate would you mind sharing you're definition of accurate.

[

I hate to break this to you but having a "bad" storyline doesn't stop something from existing.

Because every statement is completely literal.

Yes, FE7 exists. But the series never had room for it. IS attempted to cram FE7's story into a setting where there was no place for another story. Yes, IS was physically capable of making a second Elibe game. Yes, IS would be physically capable of making a third Elibe game. But they could not make a good story for a second or third Elibe game because, as was noted, FE6 never left sufficient loose ends to justify a prequel or sequel.

Edited by Othin

Yes, FE7 exists. But the series never had room for it. IS attempted to cram FE7's story into a setting where there was no place for another story. Yes, IS was physically capable of making a second Elibe game. Yes, IS would be physically capable of making a third Elibe game. But they could not make a good story for a second or third Elibe game because, as was noted, FE6 never left sufficient loose ends to justify a prequel or sequel.

Same thing could be said for FE1 and arguably FE4. (Whose continents are featured in FEs 3 & 5.) Yet, a sequel exists for one and a midquel exists for another. And I'm pretty sure there were reasons aside the obvious as to why make an FE6 prequel. Edited by Elmer

Who cares about the plot? All we need is kingdom x is invading kingdom y. Which will spark a chain of events to the lead the whole world in war. Throw in bandits at the start and dragons at the end and wala you have a FE game. ;)

Because every statement is completely literal.

It should have been about the Scouring, in my opinion.

I wonder who that one person is who believes this rumor.

It was probably Paul Mccartney I reckon

I wonder who that one person is who believes this rumor.

Someone accidentally clicked "yes".

Unless said person changed their vote. Then it's just some guy.

Edited by crashman_alpha

Looks like a 2ch rumour. There's a new FE announced there every other month, I'm not joking.

Well that about confirms my suspicious. Though 2ch has its merits for certain info... rumors are completely different thing altogether.

Geez, responses like this too:

オワコンやなぁ

Even THEY'RE skeptical about it.

"Source"

"Source"

"There's no link, ne?"

Edited by shadowofkitty

I don't believe this, and honestly wouldn't want it. I don't have and don't care for the 3DS, and seriously the next game should be about a NEW world, period. No more remakes please, except maybe FE4 or FE6.

Same thing could be said for FE1 and arguably FE4. (Whose continents are featured in FEs 3 & 5.) Yet, a sequel exists for one and a midquel exists for another. And I'm pretty sure there were reasons aside the obvious as to why make an FE6 prequel.

I don't know enough about the details of FE1/3's stories to say much about that. Even if it's the case, any issues FE3 may have do not excuse FE7's problems.

FE4 is another story. Out of all the games in the series, it took the most broad perspective, showing things happening throughout the continent but not going into detail. That left plenty of space and even plenty of need for another game to fill in those details, especially with regard to Manster and Thracia. FE5 certainly had plenty of reason to exist.

If you know of any reasons for FE7 to be made, please say what they are. Looking at the plot, the only one I found was showing Zephiel's background in more detail, which was already covered to a sufficient extent in FE6 anyway and has almost nothing to do with FE7's plot.