Rumor: New Fire Emblem on the Way?

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe this rumor of a new Fire Emblem game at all?

• Yes
    • No

Is this just one game or is it actually two games and you have to trade with a friend to get all the version-exclusive characters? (seriously, the title makes it sound like Fire Emblem is going the way of the Pokemon games)

One game if it's real, thankfully.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Nintendo is going to reveal a new 3DS game on September 13. I'm crossing my fingers.

It's an entire 3DS event, intentionally scheduled before the Tokyo Game Show, as Nintendo has not attended TGS the past several years. There will likely be more than one game announcement for the 3DS. (And, hopefully, as a whole, Nintendo will continue announcing the rest of their lineup for the year on their other systems...)

I spit on your grave. Baldur's Gate was an awesome game.

Athkatla was pretty important to the part of Baldur's Gate 2 and a lot of the important plot stuff ends up happening outside of it anyway.

FE with exclusive characters for each version would be...interesting I guess. Though I don't really support the idea of trading FE characters, that just kinda feels wrong lol.

FE with exclusive characters for each version would be...interesting I guess. Though I don't really support the idea of trading FE characters, that just kinda feels wrong lol.

Don't say things like that. If you do, they might make characters that can only be promoted by trades.

Don't say things like that. If you do, they might make characters that can only be promoted by trades.

OHSHI-

Now you've gone and done it. For that, it'll be the armours that get that treatment.

1. They have never done more than 2 games per continent (except for remakes)

2.They have never done a simulrelease

3.They have never done a 100 year jump

Why does the idiot who made this rumor (yes i'm questioning his mentality) think that Intelligent Systems would make these huge changes to the Fire Emblem formula. The thing is, they wouldn't and anyone who is familiar with the series knows this. This rumors FAKE stat is maxed. The dude who made this might be a Brawltard who only knows Roy from SSB, just saying.

This rumor has constantly been on my mind ever since it appeared. Personally speaking, I would like to see this rumor to be true, because I like the continent of Elibe and would definitely be interested in the events that take place on it a century later after FE6.

As for whether or not I believe in this rumor, I honestly don't see nor agree with anything that is against the validity of it. I feel rather assured that this is real, or at least it has some kind of basis to it. That's just me, though.

About the rumour spreading, don't you just love it when the rumour goes full circle (this Japanese site is reporting the rumour originating from foreign sources).

I'm pretty sure this should set off some major alarm bells about the validity of the rumor.

It really doesn't mean much of anything, other than that the rumour was picked up and mentioned in some Japanese sites.

:mellow:

Why does the idiot who made this rumor (yes i'm questioning his mentality) think that Intelligent Systems would make these huge changes to the Fire Emblem formula. The thing is, they wouldn't and anyone who is familiar with the series knows this. This rumors FAKE stat is maxed.

These are all the basic reasons why the thing screams fake. But, it's not like these changes are something that IS couldn't do. They could opt for a change of pace, do a Gaiden 2 project, or the like. It's not like they're prevented from exploring different ways of expressing a series, even if the series usually sticks to a traditional rootage.

It really doesn't mean much of anything, other than that the rumour was picked up and mentioned in some Japanese sites.

:mellow:

These are all the basic reasons why the thing screams fake. But, it's not like these changes are something that IS couldn't do. They could opt for a change of pace, do a Gaiden 2 project, or the like. It's not like they're prevented from exploring different ways of expressing a series, even if the series usually sticks to a traditional rootage.

Agreed. What has never been done before doesn't necessarily have to be never done.

Also, I'd like to say that the idea of a dual release or whatever was never brought into this equation until the community interpreted it to be that way. If anything about this rumor were to be debunked, it'd be that specific idea that was never even allegedly proposed in the first place. Just my two cents on that matter.

[ ] FF 4 Warriors of Light 2, 3DS

[ ] Monster Hunter Tri G, 3DS

[ ] Miku Hatsune (SD style), 3DS

[ ] New Shining game using Valkyria systems and characters from Shining Hearts, PSP

[CONFIRMED] Sega has a Layton-like game but with rhythm action instead of puzzles, to be announced at TGS.

[ ] Bayonetta 2 is in development and is planned for release at the same time as a theatrical Bayonetta CG movie.

[CONFIRMED (Japan) ] Vita launch later this year

[ ] Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a Vita launch title

[ ] DQ10 is being designed as an MMO-like game.

A bit on a related note, but not really, a good chunk of TGS rumours were recently verified as all being true.

Sadly, this Fire Emblem rumour wasn't a TGS one D:

I seriously doubt that this particular game will ever exist, and even if it does, it's only going to be one game, not a dual set like Pokemon. Though I'd be game for an FE6 remake myself(or better yet, an FE4 remake, with no plot butchering or anything.)

Guys, I have info on Fire Emblem Raging Erection of Fire for the Wii-U.

It takes place 776 years after Celice liberates the continent. The game will once again have 2 generations with brand new improved love mechanic. To support a lover, you engage in hardcore hentai scenes to make babies. The better you do in these scenes, the more powerful your kids will become.

This is so wrong it's funny. To be fair, I'd like a game like that. Of course, the game would have to be rated AO as no one is gonna sell that shit to minors.

trading wouldn't be very feasible and would be pretty terrible, but FE11 did set a precedent with the ability to lend characters to others.

You do know that I wasn't being serious about that, right?

This is so wrong it's funny. To be fair, I'd like a game like that. Of course, the game would have to be rated AO as no one is gonna sell that shit to minors.

IS is clearly trying to encourage the making of AO rated games.

IS is clearly trying to encourage the making of AO rated games.

Intelligent Systems already has the means; all they have to do is remake FE4... and show what happens after two characters become lovers. ;)

"RUMOR: Nintendo will reveal a new Firm Emblem title for 3DS soon, the game is called Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance. The game will take place 100 years after Sealed Sword, the story centers around Princess of Kingdom Bern and Prince of Kingdom Lycia, each will have different story in their perspective. The game will also have new Casual Mode for beginners and Lunatic Mode for advanced players"

if this rumour is true, sophia and fa should be in it.

i hope

The pre-TGS rumours are allegedly from a fairly reputable source, so I wouldn't be surprised if most of those turned out to be true.

The difference with this rumour is that it's from a nobody and follows almost the exact same format used for previous Fire Emblem announcement hoaxes at 2ch.

Here's a few more 2ch hoaxes for comparison I'm too lazy to translate them in full. You can try Googling them or something to check that they have been posted.

1 : 以下、名無しにかわりましてVIPがお送りします : 2011/07/05(火) 00:49:41.62 ID:D8nBPYyK0 [2回発言]

人気シミュレーションRPGファイアーエムブレムシリーズの新作の発売が決定した。タイトルは「ファイアーエムブレム 再誕の魔王」

舞台はGBAで発売された「ファイアーエムブレム 聖魔の光石」から約20年後で主人公は前作の主人公エイリークの息子ギルバート。

新たに職業を追加し、好評だったフリーマップを更に強化。DSからの追加要素である全国のプレイヤーと対戦できる通信対戦も搭載!

魔物を仲間に出来るシステムも加わり、更に戦略性の高い戦闘が実現!販売価格は5800円(税込)を予定。

This rumour's probably most similar- FE8 sequel for the 3DS set 20 years later.

【E3速報】

>Wii ファイアーエムブレム 竜刻の聖歌  2011年11月

>3DS ファイアーエムブレム  絆の大地  2011年夏

2本同時発表

前者は暁以来5年ぶりとなる新シリーズ

後者はまだ詳細は不明ながら、お祭り路線の作品になるとのこと

FEシリーズのさらなる発展にこうご期待!

E3 2011 rumours- two new FEs for the Wii and 3DS.

1 :助けて!名無しさん!:2010/03/24(水) 22:20:06 ID:pQ1GyYGw

ファイアーエムブレム 紫魂の冥主(しこんのめいしゅ)

Wii ロールプレイングシミュレーション 2010年冬予定

クラシックコントローラ、GCコントローラ対応、Wi-Fi対応

■ファイアーエムブレムシリーズ生誕20周年企画作品。

精霊の力に満ち溢れた美しい世界アリシアを舞台に、古の秘術を巡って主人公シルヴァンの戦いと絆の物語が描かれます。

今作では、『烈火の剣』で好評だったプレイヤーの分身である『軍師』を物語に参加させる『軍師システム』が復活し、プレイヤーをより深く物語の世界へ引き込みます。

また、シリーズ初心者に案内役アンナが分かりやすく解説する『チュートリアルモード』も充実なボリュームになって搭載。

Wi-Fi通信では、毎日日替わりで商品が変化する『オンラインショップ』や、遠く離れた友達が育てたキャラクターと攻守に分かれての『攻防戦』も楽しめます。

New Wii Fire Emblem, cashing in on FE's 20th anniversary, out winter 2010.

560 :名無しさん必死だな:2009/05/19(火) 01:30:08 ID:025Xdt3v0

>WiiでファイアーエムブレムX(クロス)

>E3で発表。2010年春発売予定。

>過去作オールスターのお祭りゲーで、参戦キャラは100人以上。

>新システムに絆アタック。奥義を超える絶技の登場。

>オンライン対応。

Another Wii Fire Emblem dating back to 2009, featuring an all-star cast...

Actually, I can't seem to find many hoaxes, but trust me, they're there. It might be because 2ch keeps removing threads that hit 1000 posts and it's those threads where these hoaxes are usually posted.

Edited by VincentASM

Call it grasping for straws, but I'm curious as to what could be the factor in this current rumor's much greater popularity and publicity as opposed to those previous rumors.

Clearly, those older rumors never really took off, but this one on the other hand did, and by a landslide if I do say so myself. It might mean something, but at the same time it might not.

What would be hilarious is if this is actually real and someone either leaked it or Nintendo intentionally started spreading it as a rumor to get it out there in a way that most people wouldn't believe it. And then they confirm it.

Call it grasping for straws, but I'm curious as to what could be the factor in this current rumor's much greater popularity and publicity as opposed to those previous rumors.

Clearly, those older rumors never really took off, but this one on the other hand did, and by a landslide if I do say so myself. It might mean something, but at the same time it might not.

People are becoming more desperate for FE and/or 3DS news? Gaming journalism is becoming worse than it currently is? There could be many reasons and, while I'm curious as well, I don't think it matters much in the long run.

I believe what's really important is where the rumour first originated and its contents. AFAIK, all signs points to the rumour coming from 2ch, which pretty much kills all credibility, before even looking at the details of the rumour.

In any case, what I think happened is that this rumour was posted on 2ch's "News" board in its own thread. Afterwards, some poor English-speaking "fool" probably happened to notice it and posted it on their site. Afterwards, every other gaming site or blog is obliged to post it, or risk "losing out".

Edited by VincentASM

What would be hilarious is if this is actually real and someone either leaked it or Nintendo intentionally started spreading it as a rumor to get it out there in a way that most people wouldn't believe it. And then they confirm it.

Wholeheartedly agreed. I'd love to see anything similar to that to happen, I think I'd get a good laugh from it!

It is mostly a matter of the lack of 3DS titles worth owning. Other systems at early launch, especially ones with few great titles and mostly lackluster money-grubbers, have the same rumour-loving tendencies as this rumour got.