PMU H1 Playthrough

never heard of these before but this sounds interesting

choose around 13 units or so for me to use(since marth is forced in every stage i assume he doesn't take up a slot, and Godoh is forced in the final stage and counts towards the 15 unit limit of the final chapter right?)

also choose classes that the unit will be before promotion and after promotion.(hope i don't get anything too bad)

1.Roshea (Archer -> Sniper)

2.Abel Cavalier-Swordmaster

3.Jagen - Dracoknight

4.Wrys-Myrmidon-Swordmaster

5.Ymir ~ Berserker

6.Merric Curate --> Bishop

7.Cord: Hunter->General

8.Darkmage Bord -> Hero Bord(why would you do this?)

9.Palla: Archer-> Sniper

10.Pirate->Hero Ogma

11.Tomas Cavalier->Dracoknight

12.Radd, Myrmidon-Swordmaster

13.Barst- Merc -> Warrior

oh my god i'm not sure how i'll do this, but i'll find a way

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now this is something i know i can work with.

is he really that bad?

He has an awful base speed growth and pretty poor base strength stat, so your options with him are basically get doubled later or do almost zero damage now. Since he's in archer, it will be nearly zero damage now. He'll need a forge.

He has an awful base speed growth and pretty poor base strength stat, so your options with him are basically get doubled later or do almost zero damage now. Since he's in archer, it will be nearly zero damage now. He'll need a forge.

alright i'll make a note on that, what should i name the bow?

1. Go look at the Archer's class growths, then take note of the fact that Class B gets screwed way harder, Speed-wise.

2. This is H1, not H5.

3. Horrible base Strength is Norne the Myrmidon. This is perfectly workable:

HP: 20

Str: 6

Mag: 0

Skl: 6

Spd: 5

Lck: 4

Def: 6

Res: 0

EDIT: You know who else sucks Speed-wise, according to you? Palla.

Edited by Clipseykitty

Not off the bat. I'd suggest getting him to C Bows ASAP, because he becomes far more useful once you get Longbows. If you do a lot of chipping, he'll hit this in no time flat.

@darros ummm...i never have done gaidens before...but Ymir might be on the list if noone esle fills up the spots

@Clipsey that seems workable, can he use a steel bow? otherwise i'll forge him something

You should do gaidens - they're good for experience as very often the units in those missions are or seem weaker and in great abundance. Also, most of the units you get from them are actually quite good at least as far as base stats go.

And he can't use Steel right off the bat, that requires D, give him an iron forge - it doesn't need to be an amazing one, maybe +5 mt +10 hit and he should be fine.

1. Go look at the Archer's class growths, then take note of the fact that Class B gets screwed way harder, Speed-wise.

2. This is H1, not H5.

3. Horrible base Strength is Norne the Myrmidon. This is perfectly workable:

HP: 20

Str: 6

Mag: 0

Skl: 6

Spd: 5

Lck: 4

Def: 6

Res: 0

EDIT: You know who else sucks Speed-wise, according to you? Palla.

1. I meant his personal base speed growth, not Archer!Roshea's.

2. I know. I've tried both archer and myrmidon Roshea before on H1. I've even tried one of them on NM. His damage output is pitiful at first.

3. He's doing very little damage, anyways. Better than Norne? Yes. But that isn't saying much.

If Gordin has a steel bow in chapter 1 (I don't remember) then Roshea is pulling lower ATK in chapter 6 than Gordin was in chapter 1. Weapon level is a big part of Roshea's problem. Once he hits D bows, it's much easier to use him, but 11 ATK is just bad.

The thing is, Palla has 13 SPD at level 8 unpromoted. Guess what archer Roshea has at that level? 6.5 SPD. At level 20 unpromoted, Palla has 16.6. Roshea has 10.1. That's, like, Gilliam level speed. Of course, he then gets 5 SPD from promotion.

1. I meant his personal base speed growth, not Archer!Roshea's.

2. I know. I've tried both archer and myrmidon Roshea before on H1. I've even tried one of them on NM. His damage output is pitiful at first.

3. He's doing very little damage, anyways. Better than Norne? Yes. But that isn't saying much.

If Gordin has a steel bow in chapter 1 (I don't remember) then Roshea is pulling lower ATK in chapter 6 than Gordin was in chapter 1. Weapon level is a big part of Roshea's problem. Once he hits D bows, it's much easier to use him, but 11 ATK is just bad.

The thing is, Palla has 13 SPD at level 8 unpromoted. Guess what archer Roshea has at that level? 6.5 SPD. At level 20 unpromoted, Palla has 16.6. Roshea has 10.1. That's, like, Gilliam level speed. Of course, he then gets 5 SPD from promotion.

1. So do several other people, INCLUDING Palla. 30% overall Speed growth isn't as horrendous as you think it is.

2. I've done it on H2 and 3, and he's more than workable. You were expecting him to ORKO things off the bat?

3. The entire game is not made up of horses and armors. Mages fall pretty quickly, as do flying things.

4. This particular run does not seem to mind forging, so who cares about Gordin's damage output on Chapter 1?

5. Palla has 6 base personal Speed. Her base Speed growth is identical to Roshea's. Does that mean her Speed sucks, because she has zero growths? Because I believe that was your original point.

If you really want to see what I mean, here's your next unit:

Palla (Archer -> Sniper)

That's just unfair. You shouldn't punish him for me thinking Roshea's speed is bad and that Palla's isn't.

Unless you actually meant to give ME archer-sniper Palla, in which case I invite you to post in my topic. For another, this brings up another point- archer's speed base sucks, which certainly isn't helping him. However, I would take her 10 SPD over his 6.5 at her level. Also, at that point dumping 4,000 gold on a forge is much more reasonable.

I'll clarify my argument. Roshea suffers from either very poor speed later or very poor offense initially, and that makes him a bad unit. The way to make Roshea's speed genuinely good is to make him a myrmidon, but 9 ATK sucks. That's, like, 2x2 damage.

Edited by Rewjeo