FE8 draft tier list

Naglfar

I just want to say that we shouldn't be using average stats here, but rather potential stats because lets face it, key units are always blessed in draft play. If they aren't, the player isnt trying hard enough.

Is this really assumed? If so, then I guess I've been doing everything wrong. ;/

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of disagree on Lute going up just because her level is going to be a lot lower than Artur's and she's 3RKOing and getting 2HKOed back.

I'd also say Kyle is still better than Forde due to better durability and actually managing to kill the things that he doubles.

Another thing to note is I would never take Cormag at the end of the first round/start of the second when he can be picked up easily much later on since the majority of people hate Ephraim route?

Edited by Smug Brit

What do Kyle and Forde actually have to kill? Neither of them have very good offence in chapter 9 unless Forde promotes, and that's still mediocre, chapter 10 they're both pretty useless, chapter 11 they can both kill zombies, and chapter 12 is monsters that are either ORKO'd or probably not doubled.

Lute's level isn't much lower than Arturs since she comes at a low level and gets quite a bit more exp in the following chapters since she's level1 whereas Artur is 4/5. Regardless, they both get to a high enough level to promote to spam torch in that one zombie chapter. Arturs still better, but what does Saleh do that Lute doesn't?

Forde and Kyle just self improve in 5x and 8.

Chapter 9 depends on if you have Vanessa or Franz. Without those two, they need to kill more than if you have them.

Chapter 10 they only self improve if you have Nessie. If not, they need to kill stuff and carry Eirika to the throne.

Chapter 11 I usually send them to the right to help kill all of the enemies over there.

Chapter 12 they need to kill quite a bit. Maybe

Honestly their largest contributions are ferrying other units, not their combat. To me they are almost identical, so I dont really care which one is above the other.

Lute has a clear cut advantage over Saleh which is existing before Chapter 12. Lute is going up to Top.

Can insta-promoted Ranger!Gerik use the Longbow in Chapter 11? I forget. If he can, he can save the turn that Innes and Neimi can. Would that justify moving him above Forde/Kyle?

He can use the longbow. I'm not sure if he'd b better than Forde/Kyle though overall. Sure his stats are pretty great but rangers have less movement and by going ranger he loses some other utility like routing the bottom of the desert and being generally better in chapter 11/12 as a hero (depending on your team)

Edited by General Horace

I've never used Gilliam in a draft, but he helps a lot in Eirika Chapter 9 (probably the most annoying chapter in the game, draft-wise), and he helps a lot during the early game.

And I agree that Lute should be at the top.

If you don't get Franz/Vanessa, Gilliam is pretty clutch early. He should be about 14/1 by chapter 8, whereas the cav duo will be around base. Currently doing a draft with them, I find they don't get enough experience to really make the most of their movement during the midgame, and then are filler for the endgame. The healers are pretty much useless for the teams with Lute/Artur/Saleh, and even for the other team they'd want to snap up Gilliam before a healer because they're unlikely to be picked. Gerik is good, but his join time hurts and isn't much better than Gilliam anyway, trading 1 move for 1-2 range.

In a recent draft, he pretty much carried my team (and I didn't even Tibarn his speed up) so I think he's alright where he is.

Gilliam is also amazing on Vanessa's team, where he can save a turn getting the whip on Chapter 8. And even on Franz's team, which is his worst, he allows for a 4 turn clear of Chapter 1.

Gilliam totally deserves his place.

Ranger!Gerik is definitely better than Hero!Gerik. I've used both, and the 1-2 range is really never needed. Plus, you want at least 3 mounts for a good clear of Chapter 14.

Is Tana too high?

Is a possible we can try an Ephraim's Route draft?

Also, regarding Marisa, I'd say she has a decent shot at being recruited in Ephraim's route, since all you need to do is recruit Ewan and not kill her. But...I'd say that requires two mounts.

Edited by ZM©

yeah marisa is easily recruited on eph route

unfourtunately she's about as good on Eph route as she is unrecruited on Eirika route

tower marisa to level 10 rule plz

honestly an eph route draft is almost more balanced than normal. Cormag is honestly probably just as good as Franz, but Vanessa is still pretty broken. I'd doit.

Good luck with the draft. There is 1 less warper on Ephriam route so 3rd and 4th pick get a slight advantage in that regard.

Zerker!Ross is just really good in drafts. His water walking can save turns in Chapter 7, and his combat is absolutely amazing. If you dont have a flyer he can also save turns by crossing the water in Chapter 9.