Best/Worst in the Series: Round 108

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Lara. She can pick locks and steal items (except weapons) too

Worst: Elphin

I don't get why some people voted Rafiel for worst. He can refresh FOUR units at once without having to transform.

Best: Ninian always takes a place on my team when I play FE7, and she can be durable enough to take a physical hit, unlike Reyson. Quad-refresh is nice, but you usually have to use items to get it anywhere near early in a chapter. It's amazing when you have Laguz Gems, but then that eats the first turn right there... Fillia's Might and Ninis' Grace help cement Ninian's place as the most reliable refresher, giving her unique support options and more EXP. If only she had 6 MOV...

Worst: Tethys, as she isn't needed as much due to FE8 being so easy (unless you're going LTC, obviously). I almost never use her... At least Lalum/Elphin came in a game where you'd want to abuse that Warp Staff to make chapters much less stressful (Hello, 16x and 21x!).

I don't get why some people voted Rafiel for worst. He can refresh FOUR units at once without having to transform.

True, but you gotta admit, lack of availability isn't doing him any favors.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Worst: Tethys, all of the single-unit ones fail to impress me but she would be taking a slot in an easy FE with very few slots.

12 unit slots is "very few"?

It's 10 in Endgame IIRC, that's about the smallest in almost any FE ever.

Well, that's true, but you're wrong on that being the smallest amount of player-picked units you can bring to an endgame.

Okay, which are smaller? Both of the ones I've gotten that far on have a good deal more.

FE6 and FE7 only let you take 8 and 7 units to endgame, respectively (forced units aside).

Edited by Metal King Slime

He's got more than Nils. And 1-8, 1-E and 4-4 really suck without him.

Why would 1-8 suck without him? Personally, I can't help but ponder how Rafiel could help when your team's scattered all over the place... Am I missing something?

Best: Um, FE10 Reyson? It's hard to choose which one is the best...

Worst: Tethys. When you can have a horde of 8 MOVE units and enemy phase is so important, being a 5 MOV refresher isn't so spectacular.

Actually, enemy phase is typically pretty useless in lategame FE8. It's not useful in Chapters 17, 18, 19, 20, or Final, which have objectives more focused around reaching destinations and killing bosses rather than protracted enemy phase action. Even in Chapter 15, you still need to cross the desert, and there's a huge amount of ground to be covered in Chapter 16.

In addition, the presence of many 8 move units makes Tethys better, not worse, because it allows you to quickly carry her to the front lines.

If this was "dancer/equivlent" I would have said Lara, because I am a smart ass.

Anyways:

Best: FE10 Rayson

Worst: Tethys: If we don't allow glitches that aren't reasonable to preform until late/post game, she can't do anything but refresh 1 person. Elphin.

Nominate best worst female axe user.

Edited by deuxhero

Really? Thought FE6 had buff rings?

Still stands that FE8 is full of enough good high move units and she joins late for her abilities and it is the game with such a unit least concerned about efficiency.

Edited by deuxhero