Translation of screenshots

Agro

Thought I'd make some translations of the current screens we have. If a new one comes out, post it here and I'll try to translate it. The localised translations are in italics and the literal translations are in normal text. Where the localised text is the same as the literal text, no italics are given.

img005.png

Veiku: This is bad! My axe isn't here so I can't fight!

(Note: talks with a 'yankee' accent, so he's a very rough sort of character)

Vake: This is bad! I don't have my axe; I can't fight!

img004.png

Kuromu/Krom: They're tough. Everyone, let's be careful.

img003.png

Rizu: Kyaa?! B-brotheeeer!

(Note: she says "oniichan", which doesn't necessarily mean they're related. 'Oniichan' is sometimes used for close relatives and family friends. I sense an air of 'oh my god it's you I haven't seen in you aaaaaages!')

Liz: Huh?! B-brotheeeer!

img001.png

Sumia: But, I want to go. With Master Kuromu... with everyone.

(Note: She has a fairly formal tone here... like a knight)

008.jpg

Rizu: My stomach is empty! A house meal and bed are nostalgic!

(Note: literal translation is retarded, I know. She has a very whiny tone)

Liz: I'm hungry! I want a bed, and a hot meal!

007.jpg

Emerina: I'm sorry... the sword will be taken to you.

006.jpg

Ronkuu: ... Girl, stay away!

(Note: very rigid language, suggesting a character who seldom speaks)

Hope this helps everyone!

Edited by Agromono

I'm not entirely sure I agree on Emerina's line, but then I'm not sure on what it means myself.

You mean that it could be the other way around? I don't think so. The particles indicate that the sword is being taken to people (ie. 'you' in the plural sense).

I'm not entirely sure I agree on Emerina's line, but then I'm not sure on what it means myself.

Ronkuu's line suggests to me that he's afraid of women or something. There's no context, sadly.

To me, it sounds like he and Krom were fighting and Liz got in the way, or something like that. Who knows.

Liz sounds kind of annoying, unfortunately. Also, since Sumia speaks like a knight, perhaps she's a cavalier/social knight? She kind of looks like a Pegasus Knight, but her armor looks too heavy for that...

Anyway, thanks for the translation!

Ronku, if the translation is apt, really makes me think of a possessed fighter, trying to warn someone away. Should that be the truth, I'd really, really like what could follow... :)

Emerina, sadly without context, is a bit of a mystery from the single shot (like any of this isn't). It'd be cool if she was sending Krom on a suicide mission--like the sword attracts bad fellows.

EDIT: Remember people that there's more conversations in the videos than there are in the screenshots. There's one shot of Emelina speaking, with all the units visible on the map and what seems to be a green NPC unit in a room.

Edited by Celice

Ronku, if the translation is apt, really makes me think of a possessed fighter, trying to warn someone away. Should that be the truth, I'd really, really like what could follow... :)

"Chikadzuku" has always had some problems for me. It literally means 'to get close', but he uses the super-informal form which makes it sound like a command, so I'm not sure if he's saying "stay away from me" in disgust or out of some sort of warning. Since he doesn't seem to know her name AND he's a swordmaster-ish character, my prediction is that the player finds him in an arena and he's an enemy - Liz can talk to him (thus fulfilling the Navarre archetype requirements...) and he can't fight against Liz, who just keeps getting closer... and closer...

I think that Liz is very close friends with Krom, but not his sister. She probably sneaks out of the castle when Krom tells her not to and then inadvertently becomes the party's resident healer (until someone better comes along).

Thanks for the translations. I forget "oniichan" doesn't always refer to a blood-related brother, since that's what I usually see it used for.

Not sure about the "lot more conversations"; I don't really remember much. I know there's a bit more dialogue between Krom and Vake, as well as a weapon triangle speech by Frederick. Oh yeah, there's also a "Are you OK?" line in the beginning of one of the videos, where I think Krom and is helping Jase up.

This dialogue from Emelina interests me, but I'm lazy to translate it:

img010.png

If I had to guess, it looks like she's saying "Lost lives can't be returned. Be careful of your own lives."

Edited by VincentASM

If he doesn't have his axe, what is it he is holding?

Ahh, my theory that that axe-wielding fellow wearing the chains is a playable bandit of some sort grows stronger.

Nope. Bandits have a separate map sprite from the blue axe user in the same scene. He's just an (axe) fighter.

Spealing of that place, the same scene is in the gameplay trailer

What's the full thing say?

Sumia seems to have the same hair style (and clothes assuming the left most is her) as the red Cavalier from the press conference video and peg knight seen various times, so she's likely one of the two. Would been cool if she was the early armor knight (axe knight!) though.

Edited by deuxhero

Spealing of that place, the same scene is in the gameplay trailer

What's the full thing say?

Sumia seems to have the same hair style (and clothes assuming the left most is her) as the red Cavalier from the press conference video and peg knight seen various times, so she's likely one of the two. Would been cool if she was the early armor knight (axe knight!) though.

I'm no expert like Celice or Vince, but this looks like a pretty easy one to understand. Vake's confident he can bust some heads in with his axe, realizes his axe has gone missing, and Krom gets understandably pissed at him about it ("Oh perfect timing, cause here they come!" as I would localize that last bit Krom says). As for Frederick, he's merely talking about the weapon triangle and yadda yadda.

Also, I'd like to note the bit that Vincent translated there that there are health bars under the units, implying that that conversation is happening mid-battle.

Edited by Grandkitty

If I had to guess, it looks like she's saying "Lost lives can't be returned. Be careful of your own lives."

This is correct. I wouldn't translate it with the same wording but you get the idea.

Also, I'd like to note the bit that Vincent translated there that there are health bars under the units, implying that that conversation is happening mid-battle.

You mean mid-chapter? Judging by the appearances I'd say it looks like a Tellius-esque tutorial. Death would be explained very early and that doesn't look like the layout of a typical early chapter.

Maybe it's not explaining death as a gameplay mechanic, but in the sense of don't waste your lives. It easily can pass as a similar event in FE9 when Wayu enters in, the chapter Gatrei and Shinon return in.

A tutorial map usually isn't that complex, instead opting for a more direct use of the map to explain a mechanic. The tutorial features usually only show what needs to be shown, and nothing more.