Pokemon Genesis Mini-Mafia: Signups

Fear The Pika

So, my first Mafia game. WARNING: This game is extremely experimental, new mechanics are being tried out. Don't want to play, then don't sign up. The game will start when I have enough players and have time (as I might have homework to do when the player cap is reached)

[spoiler=Rules (Stolen and modified from Kay)]0. Check the Mafia HQ for basic Mafia rules.

1. This game is NOC (No Outside Contact). You may NOT converse with any player in the game outside of the game thread. Any instance of this will most likely result in a modkill.

2. Vote and unvote using the ##Vote: User format and ##Unvote: User. Please specify who you're unvoting, although I won't be very strict about this.

3. If a majority vote is reached, the Day Phase will end immediately. If the time is up, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

4. In the event of a tie, the phase will be extended for a short time. The phase ends immediately after the first vote or unvote to break the tie.

5. If a person is modkilled during the day phase, all votes up to that point are completely null and void. The person modkilled is lynched that day, and the phase immediately changes to night. If it appears to me that you intentionally got yourself modkilled.

6. If something causes the phase to end, but I am not around to update, anything that happens afterward will not count. Whatever happens will be the same as if the day ended on time.

7. You may not discuss the game with any living players in any way if you are dead. One info-and-advice-free post in the game thread is allowed.

8. Anyone not participating in the game may not provide players with any information or advice specific to the game.

9. The Night Phase ends after all actions are sent in, or as soon as the deadline is reached if not all actions are sent in. Unless your role specifically says otherwise, you must use your role every night.

10. No editing posts whatsoever. If your grammar or spelling is incomprehensible, you can doublepost to correct it. I'm going to be fairly lenient with this, especially later on, since it's easy to edit a post quickly without thinking, but if any significant information is changed, you may well be looking at a modkill

11. Don't directly quote anything a moderator tells you about the game, or that you're claiming they told you. Paraphrasing is fine. Yes, this means no quoting role PMs. At all. Don't quote your entire role PM, don't forward it, don't repeat it verbatim, and don't do any of these things with a fake role PM, either.

12. If a role PM and the rules contradict each other, the role PM takes precedence.

13. Play to win the game. Not playing at your most competitive is fine; trolling or gamethrowing isn't. I realize this is very subjective, and while I'm pretty sure no one will break it without meaning to, any questions are fine.

14. Don't screenshot anything related to the game in any way, unless it's to prove to me that someone is cheating.

Rules are subject to change if necessary.

Players:

1. Kiku-Ichimonji (Proto)

2. Kay

3. JBCWKitty

4. DarthPichu

5. Leventamos

6. Strawman the DucksawDucky

7. Lorddomu

8. ClipseyKitty

9. Luka M

10. arachnidsGrip

11. kirsche

12. Darros

13. Hikarusa

14. Kumquat

Subs:

Snike and Paperblade didn't say that 16 is too many for a mini-mafia game, but I will drop slots if I need to. If you're wondering why I auto-signed up a few people, but not that whole list, these are just the people who specifically expressed interest in playing in my game specifically. I would appreciate it if everyone I signed up automatically would post just to let me know that they still want to play. (Again, stolen from Kay. :p)

Note that ALL roles will be randomly assigned, I'm not hand-picking anything (that's for you, Proto. :p).

Edited by Fear The Pika

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is DarthPichu who I think he is?

Yeah, I'll play. I can't wait to see what sort of terrible things you'll do to everyone's minds.

Edited by Kay

16 does seem big for a mini-game here, but if everyone else is okay with it who am I to argue? Unfortunately, I can't sign-up though. I still don't have reliable internet access.

A semi obvious problem is that Bizarro Mafia also has 16 players, but counts as a full game.

Well, there's more things to a game than player number.

Of course, but mini-games are called 'mini' for a reason. Plus there's what Koaz said about Bizarro Mafia's size.

I think we should look at who plays Mafia here consistently, and then judge what should be the cutoff for mini-games based on that.

Well, a game with 30 killing roles would probably end more quickly than a smaller game with a lot of defensive roles, for example.

Edited by Kay

Well, a game with 30 killing roles would probably end more quickly than a smaller game with a lot of defensive roles, for example.

So we define mini mafias by estimating how long they will take? How long would be acceptable then? 3 days/nights? Might I also remind you that we had a lot of killing power in PML but the game still went on for 6(?) days?

So we define mini mafias by estimating how long they will take? How long would be acceptable then? 3 days/nights? Might I also remind you that we had a lot of killing power in PML but the game still went on for 6(?) days?

I don't know. All I'm saying is that we don't know all the details.