Best/Worst in the Series: Round 110

NinjaMonkey

Well, if Titania IS a good unit, then I hate her even worse because Jeigans shouldn't be good.

All Jeigans start out good, but the "pure" ones turn out bad later, if you take away that second point they become cheap gamebreakers, and that's not cool! :<

I wish FE9!Titania has Jeigan's FE1 growths, that would kick ass.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you dislike Titania not because she's bad but because she's too good?

Yes I am, what's wrong with that? Using her will reduce the amount of EXP that you can get for Ike, Boyd, Oscar and their unpromoted friends and FE9 is easy enough that you don't need a crutch too much.

It's true of any combat character that using them will reduce the amount of EXP available for other units. Just as Titania "takes" EXP away from Ike/Boyd/Oscar, Ike takes EXP away from Titania/Boyd/Oscar. It's a trivial distinction to call Titania an EXP hog, since all characters technically hog EXP.

Edited by Anouleth

So you dislike Titania not because she's bad but because she's too good?

Yep, as a unit. Snapping the game's balance in half like that isn't cool. :<

I have the same complaint with Seth.

They're both cool as characters though, and Titty's freaking hot.

It's true of any combat character that using them will reduce the amount of EXP available for other units. Just as Titania "takes" EXP away from Ike/Boyd/Oscar, Ike takes EXP away from Titania/Boyd/Oscar. It's a trivial distinction to call Titania an EXP hog, since all characters technically hog EXP.

But Jeigans like Tits reduce the amount of EXP you can get TOTAL and unpromoted units who take some will actually put it to good use.

Edited by CrashGordon94

Oh wow, haha. Silly me! Why did I forget about that parameter as I was making my choices?

Disregard my last post. I go with:

Best: Lachesis

Worst: Wendy

But Jeigans like Tits reduce the amount of EXP you can get TOTAL and unpromoted units who take some will actually put it to good use.

But the total amount of EXP you get is irrelevant. EXP is just a means to an end: unless you are playing ranked, you are not trying to maximise the amount of EXP you gain. Maybe I'm wrong, but you don't spread EXP amongst all 50 characters in FE9 to maximise the total.

In addition, unpromoted units will only put it to good use much, much later. You're right that FE9 isn't so difficult early on that you need a crutch, but neither is it so difficult later on that you need to avoid Titania and give every kill to growth units.

What the fuck... Did you bother reading what RFoF posted? If not, read it and think about what you are saying. If you have read it again and think about what you are saying.

Seriously. Just because a unit is good does not mean they break the game. If said character is a "Jeigan" and they are good that doesn't mean they are bad units just because they don't follow that retarded TVTropes crap about how all "Jeigans" are supposed to be bad.

In fact. Think of it this way. Jeigan is Jeigan. Seth is Seth. Titania is Titania. In what way are they alike other than the fact they are the obligatory early game Paladin you get in almost every FE game? They each appear in different FE games under different circumstances that either hinder or help them out.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

Jeigan was actually one of the best units in the game in FE1, so the whole Jeigan being bad crap was never really accurate even in the original.

Edited by Clockwork Sage

The Pure Jeigan archetype has been kind of screwed with over the years. It's simply a Paladin with good bases and low growths compared to the rest of the team.

Actually, I can understand Crash simply disliking Titania for being too good. It's kind of annoying when one unit can so easily break a game that may otherwise be legitimately difficult. I'd honestly prefer if the likes of Seth and FE9 Titania were weaker.

Best: Minerva, I guess, since she commands respect, you know not to mess with her and she's a good big sister.

Worst: (I don't know many female axe users at all and I like all the ones I know about (Titania, Jill and Minerva) so this is less "worst" and more "least best") FE10!Jill (I usually have her using a lance, though)

No she's not, she steals EXP and provides a crutch when you barely need one.

Well, unequip her and use her as a meatshield like I do then...

You'd be supervised at the low number of girls that wear pants in FE. Far from redundant.

Sorry, I'm still not buying it...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Actually, I can understand Crash simply disliking Titania for being too good. It's kind of annoying when one unit can so easily break a game that may otherwise be legitimately difficult. I'd honestly prefer if the likes of Seth and FE9 Titania were weaker.

Thank you! I'm glad that at least you managed to understand me.

Best: FE10 Jill

Tricky choice. I didn't like how Jill started as a bit of a glass cannon in RD, but in FE9 it takes her a while to get axes. Guess I will just tip the scale on her much much better battle animations in RD.

Worst: Meg

Fork over those swords and go home :( Wait no, stick around and nag Zihark some more. Punishment for him being RNG screwed on me (maxed skill and speed, as abysmal as Leonardo in every other stat).

Nominate: Most/Least Difficult Chapter

Edited by Rambo M

What the hell? Have you ever followed a well-played fe8 or fe9 log? Trust me, Titania and Seth put that exp to amazing use. Having a level 8 Seth in chapter 8 (or whenever it is) is way better than having a few other units gain one or two levels each. He puts it to amazing use. Your team is much stronger than if Seth was stuck at level 1.

Okay, now let's do a consistency/hypocrisy test. Do you dislike FE9 Marcia and FE9 Jill for breaking the last two thirds of difficulty in fe9 into a bloody heap? Seriously, these girls are like Titania early game except they fly. Well, and your other units don't suck as much in comparison.

Alright, sorry about that, then. You could've said so earlier, other than saying that she sucks for being a Jeigan.

Alright, sorry about that, then. You could've said so earlier, other than saying that she sucks for being a Jeigan.

I actually meant that, I changed gears in response to what other people were saying. >_>

At least Wendy has good growths.

Wendy	85	40	40	40	45	30	10

?????

Are we looking at the same Wendy? She's a Knight with awful defense. That's not good.

At least Wendy has good growths.

Growths don't matter when your bases are so godawful that you can't even level up to take advantage of them. Oh, and need I mention that Wendy's jointime is another nail in her coffin?

Edited by Metal King Slime

Wendy's strength, skill and speed growths are actually slightly below the average for unpromoted units. She's above average in HP, LUK, and DEF, so she does end up with good durability.

She also has the advantage of wicked awesome promotional gains. +4STR/+4SPD/+3DEF.

I'm not seeing how anyone could really dispute the claim that Wendy's growth is good considering her growth is virtually identical to Allen's. The only oddity I see is voting Meg for worst and claiming that Wendy grows well when Meg's growth is more or less the same in some areas and far better in others. :\