RN hacking?

whase

is there any easy way to hack the RN to always be 1?

it seems interesting to play the game that way sometimes, with enemies always hitting, crits always critting and level ups always full.

There's a cheat code that sets all RNs to 0, which does what you're looking for. I believe it works for FE6-8:

83000000 0000
83000002 0000
83000004 0000

Be warned that if you remove the code, the effect may not go away.

I was thinking about this last night. Could you not get it to go away by putting any arbitrary values into the variable? IIRC it's a linear shift operation so any non-zero values should kick-start it.

If you want a hard patch for the ROMs

Pukachi made patches for all three GBA games thanks to Xeld/Obviam/Hextator/Whateverthehellhegoesbynow.

Dunno where to find them on the forums, but I have them saved.

Click Here

These particular patches also add a bonus to everyone's critical rate IIRC, so that they usually have at least 1% and therefore will always critical.

If you have two copies of the ROM, and you load an RNG hacked one, then it saves/suspends/savestates, and you load said save with a non-RNG hacked ROM, it'll behave like normal on the normal ROM.

Edited by shadowofchaos

is there any easy way to hack the RN to always be 1?

it seems interesting to play the game that way sometimes, with enemies always hitting, crits always critting and level ups always full.

Does no body read the topics I post about hacking and such?

Oh, and it turns all of the RNs to 0, not one. If it was one, you would need a 2% or higher to hit/crit.

Is there a way to calculate this or what

As you know, the RN is the number that decides things. If my Lyn has a 15% percent chance of a critical, that means she needs an RN of 14 or lower in order to critical. There aren't any RNs above 99, (Normally.) which is why 100% always hits. This code changes every RN to zero so that as long as you have a one percent in anything the RN decides, it happens. So, unless a person has a 0% growth, they will gain a stat in it.

Does no body read the topics I post about hacking and such?

Oh, and it turns all of the RNs to 0, not one. If it was one, you would need a 2% or higher to hit/crit.

you happen to have a link to it? took a quick look at hacking tutorials, but no topic started by you. I'm such a noob at this I don't know what to click.

thanks! :D