Mount & Blade

Gelsiah

Mount & blade is a strategy RPG a little like fire emblem but its mostly real time you can become a lord of many different kingdoms and castles lead vast armys across the land fight in wars and intense battles (they actually do get intense) claim castles for your own and thats not it you can be a bandit of sorts by attacking villagers farmers and caravans or maybe just an adventurer and there arent to many named characters its mostly just generic soldiers but theres alot of classes and you can promote your soldiers to you can wander towns and you actually walk in the towns instead of just scrolling through menus and actions and as the name suggests there are mounts but i dont think theres any dragons or pegusi the game is also realistic maybe not in physics or stuff like that but its realistic cause there are no monsters zombies dragons etc go look on i hope this gets you intrested in the game as it is pretty fun and theres ALOOOOOOOOT of stuff to do there are even mods that add dragons magic armor weapons and there are a few that add new kingdoms i think and thats just some examples of mods some even add entirely new campaigns quests and characters

As much as I love M&B, it's seriously nothing like FE. For one, archers are threatening.

It isn't an RTS, though. It's like...an RPG on a bigger scale. With the grid inventory of, like, an entire castle. Or something.

Mount & blade is a strategy RPG a little like fire emblem but its mostly real time you can become a lord of many different kingdoms and castles lead vast armys across the land fight in wars and intense battles (they actually do get intense) claim castles for your own and thats not it you can be a bandit of sorts by attacking villagers farmers and caravans or maybe just an adventurer and there arent to many named characters its mostly just generic soldiers but theres alot of classes and you can promote your soldiers to you can wander towns and you actually walk in the towns instead of just scrolling through menus and actions and as the name suggests there are mounts but i dont think theres any dragons or pegusi the game is also realistic maybe not in physics or stuff like that but its realistic cause there are no monsters zombies dragons etc go look on i hope this gets you intrested in the game as it is pretty fun and theres ALOOOOOOOOT of stuff to do there are even mods that add dragons magic armor weapons and there are a few that add new kingdoms i think and thats just some examples of mods some even add entirely new campaigns quests and characters

That's one of the most misrepresenting parasentences about M&B I've ever read.

Edited by Train to Dick Butt Town

It's not inaccurate: you CAN kill people, you can claim castles, you can be a bandit, you ...can be an adventurer, I guess; there aren't many named characters compared to the generics, there are a lot of generics, there are a lot of different kinds of generics, you can promote your generics; you can walk through the towns (God, why would you?), you can mount horses, there aren't dragons or, er, 'pegusi' and the game is realistic in that there aren't dragons or 'pegusi', the game's physics aren't terribly realistic; there are mods that add stuff, and even mods that add even more stuff and even mods that add characters.

Yup.

Also, I think this topic was made before this news, but M&B2 has been officially announced (although "Project Obvious" was obviously this, so...) and I'm curious as to see what changes will be made. I know boat related stuff almost made it into the game beyond the cheat menu stuff, and mods have made it and battles on boats functional. There's also the questions of what factions will be in it, what time period, if it will still be Calradia, if so how Calradia will look this time around, etc.