FE7 Hack: Unsung Heroes (tentative name)

BlackSoulou

Contents

1.Announcements

2.Introduction

3.Project description

4.The plot

5.Screenshots

6.Currently working on...

7. Project progression

8.Questionings

9.User suggestions

10. FAQ

1.Announcements

-November 24th: Link to Gallery added

-November 21st: Updated! The project seems more organized now, and god I love to organize my stuff. If you have any questions or suggestions, I'll be happy to oblige (spoiler-free). Also, what do you think of the name? I think it fits the story pretty well, but I am the most biased person in this situation so...

2.Introduction

First of all, it should be said that I am a novice hacker with a love for the Fire Emblem universe and stories in pretty much every format you can find. And so I thought I should make my own contribution to the hacking community, I'm expecting a lot of fun out of this and it'll prove to be a great learning experience and help me further my writing skills without a doubt. While I am slow on updates at the moment, and haven't done anything other than write down ideas in the last month, I am set on bringing it up to at least chapter 4, when I'll launch a demo. I'm doing this as part of a year-long school project which I will hopefully complete in time. I still don't know if it's realistic to do that by April, considering I'll be asking for help with portraits, animations and such. I'll be needing serious help on these, so if you're interested in participating, feel free to PM me, I'm regularly checking new content. Also, I love feedback, I can't have enough of it. After all, you're the ones who'll be playing the game.

3.Project description

It all begins with a question: What if ''he'' hadn't existed, or had died at some point in history, long before he brought chaos upon Elibe? . Yes...I am talking about Nergal, the corrupter. His premature death would've changed the fate of many. Because what would've happened to the Black Fang without him to pull the strings? Would it still have fallen apart in a war that wasn't its own to begin with? But now...now's the time for the Fang to rise and fight for its country, like it should have been! You get to play as the Reed brothers, Lloyd and Linus, the Black Fang heroes who died in a way they shouldn't have, like so many others in all the conflicts this world has suffered. Great troubles mark their path, and countless dangers await, threatening the Fang from both within and outside. Fortunately, they do not walk alone. At their side, familiar faces make their appearance. Among them is Brendan Reed of course, the powerful leader of the organization, as well as faithful uncle Jan, Legault, Uhai, Ursula and many more. Fresh faces also bolster this cast of unsung heroes, eager to make their name under the banner of the Black Fang.

4.The plot

The Black Fang, a group famous far beyond the borders of its country of origin. Opinions differ on everything but one: they are a force to be reckoned with. That is a matter of concern for Bern's aristocracy, who are beginning to feel threatened by this rising power, and the Fang only strikes where corruption and injustice are to be found. While King Desmond doesn't see the organization as a threat whatsoever, it's up to the nobles to work down the problem, by any means necessary. But the Black Fang is not Bern's only worry. Reports have it that all the major countries are on the move. Etruria, Lycia, Sacae. Only Ilia seems to be idle. At this points, Bern can only but make assumptions, although the situation could turn for the worse any time.

5.Screenshots

Coming soon!

6.Currently working on...

Prologue (Yay!)

To do:

Intro cutscene map

Prologue Map

Chapter 1 map

Chapter 2 map

Chapter 4 map

Various portraits(12 new, 2 edits)

Scripts

Coding

...will add more when I realize it needs to be done.

7.Project Progression

Blank for now; I don't want us (read:me) to get depressed over the work ahead. One step at a time.

8.My current questionings

[blank?] It'll fill itself in no time

9.User suggestions - Just so you know I read them and consider them. My thoughts are after the -->

- Canas's 3 brother of Infinite Darkness [Arch]

-Nino's original family [blaze the Sage]

- Reskinned Pascal [Eclipse/Kitty of Time] --> Oh yes!

-Uncle Jan[Eclipse and Octavian] -->You convinced me to include him, it was practically a no-brainer but still...

-Teodor [Eclipse] -->Reskinned?

-Young Roartz and Arcard [HF Makalov]

10.FAQ (updated as needed)

1. Q) Where has your playing characters list have gone to?

A) It's gone, because it would spoil some plot elements would it not? About 90% of the Black Fang members are there, minus the very minor ones like Heintz and Beyard for example.

2. Q) Is this an event hack?

A) Yes it is. Custom maps, alternate story and lots of work!

3. Q) Does this hack feature Eliwood, Hector and/or Lyn?

A) Yes, Eliwood and Hector will be part of the story, as NPC's with a medium impact on how the events will play out. As for Lyn, the tactician was the reason why she left Sacae. Heck! She wouldn't even notice the bandit outside her tent, as noted by Paperblade in his Let's Play . So I'm not sure about her, and her value, storyline wise.

4. Q) Does it feature any other playable characters from the original game?

A) Yes, although I'll be making some room for new characters for the sake of enjoyment and novelty, I'll try to include many canon characters to the cast, following common sense of course.

5. Q) Wait, wait,wait! If Nergal's not in this, how come Nino's here?

A) Even with the absence of Nergal, Nino is still around and we'll get to meet her soon enough.

Links:

My gallery: http://serenesforest...1

Cheers,

Black

Note: Everything is subject to change and said changes will likely be on the announcement section of the project.

Edited by BlackSoulou

Canas's brothers, in the canonical story anyways, are puppets of darkness. They cannot talk, move, or eat on their own because their souls were consumed by the spirits of darkness that one must channel to use "elder magic." Non-moveable dark magic puppets with infinite spell use? Aesha, also, is Legault's comrade who he was forced to kill because she was injured and could no longer be an assassin.

But hey, there's one thing I like: instead of the standard Elibe hack where you OMFG HAVE TO INCLUDE NERGAL SOMEHOW SOME WAY JUST BECAUSE, this hack does alternate history where Nergal just never happened. Potentially interesting, definitely, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you flesh this idea out.

I absolutely love this idea. Lloyd and Linus are badasses, and the chance to play a game with them as the main characters would be amazing.

Also, since Nergal never happened, maybe instead of Canas' brothers (for reasons mentioned by Arch), instead have his sister-in-law; aka Nino's mother? Nergal and Sonia never happened, so Nino's parents are still alive, right?

Edited by Blaze the Sage

Canas's brothers, in the canonical story anyways, are puppets of darkness. They cannot talk, move, or eat on their own because their souls were consumed by the spirits of darkness that one must channel to use "elder magic." Non-moveable dark magic puppets with infinite spell use? Aesha, also, is Legault's comrade who he was forced to kill because she was injured and could no longer be an assassin.

But hey, there's one thing I like: instead of the standard Elibe hack where you OMFG HAVE TO INCLUDE NERGAL SOMEHOW SOME WAY JUST BECAUSE, this hack does alternate history where Nergal just never happened. Potentially interesting, definitely, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you flesh this idea out.

That's what I like about an alt story: I can have Canas's brother not entirely engulfed in darkness yet, which may prove to be an interesting plot twist. I think there's something to do with Aesha, and we get the opportunity to expand on the canon story. Thanks for your feedback.

I absolutely love this idea. Lloyd and Linus are badasses, and the chance to play a game with them as the main characters would be amazing.

Also, since Nergal never happened, maybe instead of Canas' brothers (for reasons mentioned by Arch), instead have his sister-in-law; aka Nino's mother? Nergal and Sonia never happened, so Nino's parents are still alive, right?

Yeah, Lloyd and Linus, the only bad guys I didn't want to get over with -->Just leave the map already! Half of your close friends are on my side now! ohmy.gif I haven't included Nino! I'll have to look through the lore again more thoroughly to sort her history out, it's unclear for me at this point. Also, I can play with time a bit since its not canon. Many things can change on a 2 year difference...

Edited by BlackSoulou

If you need help with Black Fang canon at all, honestly I am like a Black Fang scholar. They're my favorite group and I tried once (okay more like three times) to make a post-FE7 hack where Lloyd's sons took over. But this is pretty interesting. I wish you the best of luck.

Others?

- "Uncle Jan". Even if he appeared for all of five seconds, he's still a part of the story.

- Ninian and Nils. Though they aren't my favorite characters, the Black Fang was after them for the entire story, so I think it would be interesting to see what happened if they weren't chased by them.

- Possibly Nino and/or her parents, because Sonia never killed the latter.

- That super-random druid dude from 19xx

- Aion, maybe

Others?

- "Uncle Jan". Even if he appeared for all of five seconds, he's still a part of the story.

- Ninian and Nils. Though they aren't my favorite characters, the Black Fang was after them for the entire story, so I think it would be interesting to see what happened if they weren't chased by them.

- Aion, maybe

I doubt they could appear. Since it was Nergal who called them to Elibe in the first place.

Others?

- Aion, maybe

-Uncle Jan: Not sure...He's not the most interesting guys out there. I'll think about it.

-Ninian and Nils: Not. As Acacia said, it was Nergal's doing.

-Nino's family: I'll probably add her brother Kai, and her parents as green units(?) with a chapter or two dedicated to them.

-Maybe I'll add him (Teodor) but revamped/reskinned and all the like.

-Aion: Meh...I'll give him a boss spot...maybe?

I want to develop the Black Fang member's relationship as they were before Nergal switched them from ''People's fist'' to ''Evil's little playing toy''. I will mention the existence of the Lycian lords at some point but they won't be a main concern of the story whatsoever.

Thanks for your support!

Sincerely,

Black

Edited by BlackSoulou

i was also thinking of those corrupt nobles from Pent's home land that appeared in FE6, they could kinda be bosses in the game

If you mean Arcard and Roatz, they're killed in FE6. Though this is a what if story, so i guess that'd work. There are a lot of corrupt nobles to kill.

If you mean Arcard and Roatz, they're killed in FE6. Though this is a what if story, so i guess that'd work. There are a lot of corrupt nobles to kill.

A what if story that takes place during FE7, and FE6 is 20 years after FE7.

So... why would them dying in FE6 matter? Young Roartz and Arcard could still be around.

A what if story that takes place during FE7, and FE6 is 20 years after FE7.

So... why would them dying in FE6 matter? Young Roartz and Arcard could still be around.

If you read the second half of what you quoted, you'll see i noted that. /end derail

-Uncle Jan: Not sure...He's not the most interesting guys out there. I'll think about it.

Jan was one of the founding members of the Black Fang, alongside Brendan, Legault, Uhai, and the Reed Brothers. He's not that interesting but he is important.

Do you mean portraits in the game, or units on a map? (not that I know the number for either) If it's portrait, you can open up FEditor and see how many are already in the game. You'll be able to have at least that many (which should be mroe than enough).

Updated post! How many characters can we have in total, enemies, and others included? I'm talking about in-game characters and portraits, or portraits alone. Is it even relevant?

The maximum amount of characters TOTAL (This includes enemies and NPCs and whatnot) is 255, however the FE7 rom already has 254 character slots (If I remember correctly)

For Portraits it is again, 255, and you can expand that limit with FEditor Adv.