Top Posters In This Topic

Prompt: Dream

Characters: Laura, Aran

Pairing: Laura x Aran

Requested by: Desdemona

Word Count: 365

Comments: WARNING, CORN AHEAD.

“You know, Aran, I had a rather strange dream last night.”

Aran looked at her from the corner of his eye. He was currently helping Laura carry a bunch of medical supplies to the castle infirmary, and could barely talk due to the weight of it all. “Really? What was it about?” He managed to say.

“Oh, you’re going to laugh. Or tease me. I just know it.”

“I wouldn’t tease you.” Aran said, surprised at the idea. “You know I wouldn’t.”

“Well, alright then. I had a dream that you and I were married.” Laura laughed, as if it was the silliest little thing. “Funny, huh?”

He almost dropped everything he was holding right then and there. This could have been the perfect chance to confess his…more then friendly feelings for her, and she was already laughing at the idea. He could even wince at the mental pain he was currently feeling.

But as hopeless as it already seemed, he wasn’t going to give up what might be his only chance. “Just play it cool. Like those guys who can smooth talk girls easily.”

“You know…some people believe that dreams can predict the future.” He said casually. Smooth and cool. Too bad his voice was slightly too high.

But Laura just laughed again. “You’re so funny, Aran!Anyway, I’m a cleric. I can’t marry until I finish my duty. Perhaps I’ll stay in the service forever! Wouldn’t that be great?”

Aran’s shoulders sagged. He knew he should have expected it, given how clueless Laura could be, but that was just kicking him when he was down. “Yeah. Great.”

When they finally reached the infirmary, he dropped off the medical supplies, feeling downhearted. “Guess I’ll see you later.”

“Alright. Oh, and by the way, if I could marry someone, it would be you. You take care of me more than anyone else, after all.” She said very matter-of-factly before she closed the door, not aware of the affect it would have on her poor green-haired friend.

Aran stared at the closed door for quite some time, uncomprehending, until he finally broke out into a huge grin. Then, he turned around, and whistled all the way down the hall.

---

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Aran is such a dork. He seems like the sensible type of guy, but I never imagine him as a ladies man. And Laura is so innocent and clueless of everything it’s adorable. Oh yeah, and I realize that Aran having feelings for Laura isn’t canon, but I needed it to be for this story to work. So yeah.

ALSO WHY WAS THE ENDING SO HARD TO WRITE. UGH.

Anyway, I hope you liked it, Des!

Even though I'm terrible at straight-forward romance. >__>

Please excuse the cornyness.

ALSO:

I am 50% done the Edward x Mia request for Cymbeline.

I am 80% done the Stefan x Lyre request for Fireman.

I am 50% done the Tibarn x Elincia drabble for me.

Everything else I haven't started. =D

Prompt: Dream

Characters: Laura, Aran

Pairing: Laura x Aran

Requested by: Desdemona

Word Count: 365

Comments: WARNING, CORN AHEAD.

“You know, Aran, I had a rather strange dream last night.”

Aran looked at her from the corner of his eye. He was currently helping Laura carry a bunch of medical supplies to the castle infirmary, and could barely talk due to the weight of it all. “Really? What was it about?” He managed to say.

“Oh, you’re going to laugh. Or tease me. I just know it.”

“I wouldn’t tease you.” Aran said, surprised at the idea. “You know I wouldn’t.”

“Well, alright then. I had a dream that you and I were married.” Laura laughed, as if it was the silliest little thing. “Funny, huh?”

He almost dropped everything he was holding right then and there. This could have been the perfect chance to confess his…more then friendly feelings for her, and she was already laughing at the idea. He could even wince at the mental pain he was currently feeling.

But as hopeless as it already seemed, he wasn’t going to give up what might be his only chance. “Just play it cool. Like those guys who can smooth talk girls easily.”

“You know…some people believe that dreams can predict the future.” He said casually. Smooth and cool. Too bad his voice was slightly too high.

But Laura just laughed again. “You’re so funny, Aran!Anyway, I’m a cleric. I can’t marry until I finish my duty. Perhaps I’ll stay in the service forever! Wouldn’t that be great?”

Aran’s shoulders sagged. He knew he should have expected it, given how clueless Laura could be, but that was just kicking him when he was down. “Yeah. Great.”

When they finally reached the infirmary, he dropped off the medical supplies, feeling downhearted. “Guess I’ll see you later.”

“Alright. Oh, and by the way, if I could marry someone, it would be you. You take care of me more than anyone else, after all.” She said very matter-of-factly before she closed the door, not aware of the affect it would have on her poor green-haired friend.

Aran stared at the closed door for quite some time, uncomprehending, until he finally broke out into a huge grin. Then, he turned around, and whistled all the way down the hall.

---

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Aran is such a dork. He seems like the sensible type of guy, but I never imagine him as a ladies man. And Laura is so innocent and clueless of everything it’s adorable. Oh yeah, and I realize that Aran having feelings for Laura isn’t canon, but I needed it to be for this story to work. So yeah.

ALSO WHY WAS THE ENDING SO HARD TO WRITE. UGH.

Anyway, I hope you liked it, Des!

Even though I'm terrible at straight-forward romance. >__>

Please excuse the cornyness.

ALSO:

I am 50% done the Edward x Mia request for Cymbeline.

I am 80% done the Stefan x Lyre request for Fireman.

I am 50% done the Tibarn x Elincia drabble for me.

Everything else I haven't started. =D

I loved it! So sweet! ^_^

Thanks for the drabble, Songbird. I patiently await the next.

that was pretty good also I have a random one

Heather and oliver "straight"

LOOOOL.

This is the hardest request so far. I'm looking forward to writing it. =D

Also, I will be posting another drabble shortly. Yay!

Prompt: Friend

Characters: Stefan, Lyre

Pairing: None. Unless Fireman wants it to be Stefan x Lyre.

Requested by: Fireman

Word Count: 616

Comments: I liked the beginning. The final line is corny.

He felt her watching him. Always watching. Sometimes he thought it was simple curiosity of his kind, and sometimes his hand drifted to his sword, just in case her interest was…hostile.

But it unnerved him. Except for a select few of laguz, including her twin sister Lethe, most laguz began to avoid him once they knew what he was. What did she find so fascinating about him? Surely she must know by now, from her sister at least, what he was. So why didn’t she avoid him, like all the others?

He had to find out. So he called her out on it one day. “I know you’ve watching. So I think it’s time you come out and have a chat, hm?”

Lyre blushed at being caught. “You’ve noticed all this time?”

“Of course.” He said dryly. “It’s pointless to be a master swordsman if I can’t even sense my enemies.”

“Hey, I’m not an enemy! I fight with you!” She said indignantly.

“I know. You’re Lethe’s twin sister, are you not?”

“U-um.” She stuttered, obviously still embarrassed at being found out. “Yes. How did you know?”

“Because even though I don’t pay you nearly as much attention to you as you do to me, I still make it my business to know who I fight with.” He said, amused. “Why do you watch me so intently, anyway?” He asked as he watched her redden further in embarrassment.

“You seem…” She stared off slowly, and then stopped. “I mean…most of the laguz, they ignore you, right? That doesn’t seem fair, because from what I’ve seen, you can fight just as well as any of us. And the way you act around beorc…well, you don’t really connect with any of them. I mean, what I’m trying to say is…aren’t you lonely?”

Stefan raised his eyebrows, but shrugged. “I assume you know what I am?” She nodded. “Then you would also know that it is the fate of our kind. The Branded do not fit in with either the beorc or the laguz.”

“But that doesn’t seem right!” Lyre cried. “You must be alone all the time…that’s why…I, um…want to be your friend.” She finished by blushing and turning her gaze to the floor.

“Friends?”

“Friends.”

He watched her in equal bemusement and amusement. “You do realize that your entire race denies my existence.”

“My sister and Mordecai don’t.” She pointed out.

“Yes, well they are…unique.”

“I’m unique too.” She shrugged. “And I want to be your friend. So what do you say?”

It was too much. She was almost pleading now. A part of Stefan wanted to laugh it off, not believing that she honestly wanted to associate with him. Another part wanted to remain neutral, never interacting with either the beorc or the laguz in fear of the pain he’d already experienced so many times. But…There was also a part of him that could see the logic in what she was saying. Though he was used to it, he sometimes got tired of being alone.

“Fine.” Stefan said with a sort of wry smile. “Do I suddenly have to treat you differently now?”

Lyre beamed. “Of course not! Just treat me like…I don’t know, a normal person! But nicer than that, I guess. Oh, it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that we’re friends, right?”

It wasn’t until she was constantly talking about her new collar, swooning over Ranulf, and complaining about her sister that Stefan began to wonder if friendship was secretly a form of torture.

But as he listened to her latest rant on how Ranulf hadn’t noticed her new ribbon, he couldn’t help but smiling, thinking he wouldn’t have it any other way.

---

This…I…don’t know where this came from. But it was easy to write, for some reason. Except the ending. I didn’t know what the hell to do for the ending. The last line was kind of corny. Also, Lyre is awesome even though she seems like a typical girly-girl. I don’t understand how people don’t like her. =/

…Yeah um….I’m sorry Fireman. Hope you liked it, even though I sort of made Lyre seem like a stalker. I hope they weren’t OOC. >_>

Also, this is my longest drabble so far. Scary.

Prompt: Challenge

Characters: Edward, Mia

Pairing: Edward x Mia

Requested by: Cymbeline

Word Count: 301

Comments: lulz. These two are both so clueless.

“So we meet at last!”

It was a bold and commanding voice, and yet very feminine. So really, no one can blame Edward for being totally off-guard when the strange purple-haired girl swung her sword at him. In fact, he barely dodged in time.

“What the heck do you think you’re doing?!” He yelled, more confused than angry.

“Ooo. Nice reflexes. You dodged my blow even though you didn’t see me coming! I think I’ve found my true rival at last!” Mia said, completely ignoring him.

“Wait, wait, you realize you could have hurt me, right? And what do you mean, ‘rival’?” Edward asked, half at a loss for words and half intrigued.

“Pah!” She said, flipping her hair over her shoulders. “If I hit you, I’d take you to Rhys. You’d be fine in no time. And yes. You’re my one true rival! The latest fortune teller I visited told me that my rival would be a happy-go-lucky sword boy who fought in the dawn! And since everybody tells me that you perfectly fit the ‘happy-go-lucky’ title...”

“And I do fight in the dawn! The Dawn Brigade, anyway! Gosh. That fortune-teller is really good. And if she predicts that we’re rivals, then it must be true!” Edward said eagerly.

“Excellent!” Mia said, eyes shining with anticipation. “Then I challenge you here and now!”

“I accept your challenge! But my fighting skills have improved recently. I won’t go easy on you!” He warned.

Mia smiled confidently. “Just how I like it.”

---

It was almost nightfall now. The two had been sparing all day and were now lying down on the grass, panting.

“You’re…huff….really good…” Edward managed to say.

“You’re…huff…not bad yourself…” Mia replied.

”We should do this again sometime.” Edward said when he finally caught his breath.

She grinned. “Definitely.”

---

Mia and Edward are both crazy.

They’re also both clueless.

And they are in a drabble. Together. LULZ.

Annnyyywwaaaay, I hope you like it, Cym. I don’t think I really added any romance to this, though. Sorry. >_>

Also, yes, Edward uses words like ‘heck’ and ‘gosh.’ GOOD BOYS LIKE HIM DON’T SAY BAD WORDS.

I can now die happily. :lol: I thought that that was a well-written and adorable drabble! Thanks so much! ^_^

I love how you made Edward fit Mia's fortune. XD

Heh, Edward's a good boy.

Prompt: Time

Characters: Tibarn, Elincia

Pairing: Tibarn x Elincia

Requested by: None.

Word Count: 787

Comments: Because it's the best pairing in FE10. Seriously.

When she was sixteen, she didn’t have much to do with him. Obviously, she was eternally indebted to him for fighting for her in the war to reclaim her throne, but there was never much interaction between them outside of war councils and an occasional greeting when they met in the camp. He was simply the mighty Hawk King who came to her aid, and she the young and fragile beorc princess.

When she was nineteen, she found herself in his presence more and more frequently. Another war was raging, a war that would change the fate of the world as they knew it. He found her crazy, surrendering her weapon in the middle of the battlefield, but respected her wish that no battle would take place on Crimean soil. He even told her that he would be seeing her again. And he did. Together they leaded one of the three armies making their way to the tower to battle the Goddess. They fought the Senator Valtome and that wretch of a man Izuka. They were teased by Bastian for discussing the Branded. It was only natural for them to be growing closer to one another at this point.

When she was twenty-one, she briefly entertained the thought of having more than friendly feelings for the Hawk King after one of his many visits. But the thought was quickly forced out of her mind. Besides, he was the King of the united bird tribes, and couldn’t afford to lose his powers due to… “relations.” Not only that, be being a married couple of rulers would be too difficult, especially due to the distance of their countries and the difference of culture. So she quickly sent the thought out of her mind.

When she was twenty-three, the Crimean court was in an outrage. The Queen had just refused her fourth offer of marriage. If her Lord Uncle Renning hadn’t married and had a child of his own, even if it was rather late in his life, the Crimean throne would be at risk of having no heir. At this point, there were whispers, in both Crimea and the bird tribes. Nothing loud, nothing huge, just whispers as to why the Queen did not wish to marry. They always included the Hawk King.

When she was twenty-six, he implied romantic interest in her. The Queen did not take it lightly. She told him all the reasons why it would never work. But for some reason, he keep implying his feelings, and the Queen was secretly happy about it.

When she was twenty-nine, he kissed her for the first time. Though she recovered herself eventually, her face was still a bright red when she told him: “One day, I will lose my beauty. I’ll have gray hair and wrinkles.” But he just laughed it off and said, “I’ve always had strange taste in women.”

When she was thirty-five, the whispers were no longer quiet. They were supported by those who wanted more acceptance between the laguz and the beorc, and insulted by those who could still not tolerate any relationships between the races. But the Crimean Queen and the Hawk King ignored it all, never making anything official or unofficial.

When she was thirty-nine, she felt the first sharp pain coming from her chest. She ignored it, at first. But little did she know how many problems this sharp little pain would cause in the future.

When she was forty-one, she passed away due to her illness. She was succeeded by her cousin, who was eighteen-year-old at this point. He had a hard reputation to live up to, despite adoring his cousin. The entire country was in mourning over their beloved Queen, whom would go down as one of the kindest and greatest rulers in Crimean history. At the funeral, which was attended by everyone who knew her, only one man didn’t show any trace of tears. The Hawk King. His reaction was waited for during the entire service. He was watched closely for any sign of pain. But he had shown none. He kept on a solemn face, but showed no emotion otherwise. It wasn’t until later that night that some thought they heard the pained cry of a hawk.

When they were both long dead, they had become a legend. No matter who you asked, there was always a vague memory of the Hawk King and the gentle Queen of Crimea. Of the laguz man and the beorc woman. Of the couple who during their time, could not be together. Even now, they’re known as the two people who helped bridged the gap between their two races in a time where their relationship was still never fully accepted.

---

I liked this until I reached the final paragraph. Stupid last paragraph.

And this is long liek whoa.

That was sad. . . but, touching. . .

They never got together. . . depressing. . .

Nice drabble by the way! I eagerly await the next one! :)

Edited by Cymbeline

I liked the Stefan and Lyre one. Just how I imagined it would be....

lol....Edward's a "good boy".......Apparently, you haven't met my 9th grade English teacher....:D