FE5 advice

Racer

Yes, normal mode. The guy rigged a Repair miss for Saphy at the beginning of every chapter to get her to A staves by chapter 10. I think on chapter 6 he also charged Asvel through the center of the map in order to promote him at the beginning of the next chapter.

I did elite mode because I didn't want to go through the extra trouble of rigging Repair misses and doing that insane chapter 6 strategy. It was 0% growths anyway with no growth bonuses from scrolls and ignoring extra movement distance from movement stars, so it didn't matter very much outside of a few specific cases - Saphy promoting for +1 staff rank, Asvel promoting in chapter 7, Fin promoting in chapter 8, and Othin promoting in chapter 8x. And in all of those cases, there's an equivalent normal mode alternative, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm interested in knowing where I lost 4 turns. I know that I lost a turn in final because it's probably impossible to 3-turn that map with 0% growths (not enough mag growths on staff users). I probably lost a turn in 12x by ignoring movement star procs (yielding a 6-turn instead of a 5-turn). Not too sure where the other 2 turns went, though. Possible candidates are chapter 8x (7 turns) and chapter 21x (5 turns).

Actually why the hell not. Here are my turncounts; peruse them at your leisure.

1    4 turns  5   15 turns  10   3 turns  14  10 turns  20  15 turns  24x  3 turns
2    4 turns  6    7 turns  11   4 turns  15   2 turns  21   1 turn   F    4 turns
2x   8 turns  7    8 turns  11x  2 turns  16A  2 turns  21x  5 turns
3    6 turns  8    5 turns  12   2 turns  17A  2 turns  22   1 turn
4   12 turns  8x   7 turns  12x  6 turns  18  12 turns  23   2 turns
4x   8 turns  9    2 turns  13   3 turns  19   2 turns  24   6 turns

Edited by dondon151

The main difference in favor of my run is that I completed 8x in 2 turns with Warp and 18 in 10 turns with some incredibly lucky Move growths. (Particularly Mareeta, who gained 16 levels with the Dain scroll in 14, but that still doesn't leave much of a chance of increasing Move four times.)

One big difference I noticed is that I took 5-6 turns each in 9 and 13, but only 2 turns in 21x. I'm guessing you allowed a lot of characters to be captured in those earlier chapters? Seems like it was worth it overall.

Edited by Othin

(scroll abused Ronan he is now made up of epic win)

Wait, you actually ...?

So you took all the advice in this thread, and completely flouted it.

You're my hero.

Wait, you actually ...?

So you took all the advice in this thread, and completely flouted it.

You're my hero.

LOL. At least one or two people said there was no harm in using (or scroll abusing) Ronan sad.gif...

took the A route buuuuuut I am going insane over those stupid Lenster armors in chapter 18 (its either the civilians die or I accidentally kill them) I am doing this chapter over so what is the best way to get the civilians to talk to the armors (in case you need details or whatever I at least still have got two uses of the warp staff and Safy is deployable)

took the A route buuuuuut I am going insane over those stupid Lenster armors in chapter 18 (its either the civilians die or I accidentally kill them) I am doing this chapter over so what is the best way to get the civilians to talk to the armors (in case you need details or whatever I at least still have got two uses of the warp staff and Safy is deployable)

I believe that efficient playthroughs typically have someone put the Armours to Sleep with the Sleep Sword. They can still talk to the civilians even while napping.

The main difference in favor of my run is that I completed 8x in 2 turns with Warp and 18 in 10 turns with some incredibly lucky Move growths. (Particularly Mareeta, who gained 16 levels with the Dain scroll in 14, but that still doesn't leave much of a chance of increasing Move four times.)

OK, I suspected that chapter 8x was mostly the reason. I know that YayMarsha and the ChinaFE strat both warpskipped 8x, but the Nico run didn't, and I thought that was interesting. I went with the Nico strat because I had no way of both easily killing Gomez and getting the Leg Ring with a warpskip. I think the Nico run didn't warpskip because the guy didn't have a good way of getting Saphy to A staves by chapter 8x (1 Repair miss in chapters 3, 7, 8 would only yield 30/60 WEXP that Saphy needs to reach A).

One big difference I noticed is that I took 5-6 turns each in 9 and 13, but only 2 turns in 21x. I'm guessing you allowed a lot of characters to be captured in those earlier chapters? Seems like it was worth it overall.

Yes; I planned for exactly 16 units to be captured by chapter 21x. I directly used Rescue on 4 of them (2 uses) in the right cell, rewarped 2 of my staff users to warp 8 of them out of the top cells (4 uses), and bailed out the units in the left cell by the conventional method.

I guess that's the main advantage of Elite Mode. With the Elite Manual on top of that, I just had Saphy heal and dodge a lot in Ch8 and promoted her that chapter to jump straight to A rank.

8x took a lot of luck to get in 2 turns. I think I warped Othin carrying Asvel into the room with the Leg Ring and had him drop Asvel, then next turn opened the chest with Othin, had Asvel kill the boss, and warped Leaf to have him seize. I think it took luck with movement stars to get the door open while doing all that.

For 21x, I left behind two characters in 9 and another six in 19 to copy YayMarsha's method (in turn copied from ChinaFE, I believe, like most of both of our runs) with using Rescue four times to get out the eight characters. I have to say, I'm really interested in how you managed to clear 9 and 13 so fast without leaving Karin or Saphy behind.

Edited by Othin

Chapter 9 is a 2 turn clear using unpromoted Karin and all of the Lenster knights over on the left side of the map (one of them needs to get left behind, though). It's incredibly elegant and it's probably something I wouldn't have been able to come up on my own.

Chapter 13 is also similar to chapter 9, except you use Glade and his Lenster knights, and it doesn't matter if you leave the generic knights behind. Most of the time Karin has to dodge a ballista shot while carrying Leaf, but it is possible for her to not have to face any ballista attacks by baiting the enemy AI (which is what I did).

And even without a movement star, you'd still be able to 3 turn 8x with warp and save 4 turns.