About Valkyria Chronicles III...

Well, there have actually been responses from SEGA, varying from "No way it's not happening" to "Don't give up hope." There is also the possibility of a 3rd party translating it. It at least looks like this one has a shot. *looks at FE12*

Why in the world is SEGA not bringing the game outside of Japan? It's not like the first two games didn't sell well, and the fanbase is loyal enough as it is, so what's going on here?

Because the first one sold amazingly well in North America, but the second one tanked. And not just in comparison, the sales for VC2 in NA were terrible. Them not bringing it over doesn't surprise me.

Edited by seph1212

Also the PSP has a slight piracy problem...

Of course, I don't mind the switch, myself, as getting a PSP was much more reasonable than a PS3, but overall it was a bad idea. Although it is much more expensive to make a console game. Seeing as VC3 didn't go back to the PS3, I would guess VC2 was overall more profitable. That would be logical.

That's because Sega was stupid and released VC2 on a different console than the series' fanbase was built on.

Welp, the fanbase was built on the PS3 /after/ the price of the game dropped from a full priced PS3 game to around $39.99.

And VC2 did really well on PSP in Japan. Just not in North America.

Welp, the fanbase was built on the PS3 /after/ the price of the game dropped from a full priced PS3 game to around $39.99.

And VC2 did really well on PSP in Japan. Just not in North America.

VC2 did worse in Japan than VC1 did. The only place VC2 did better in was Europe. It did muuuuuuuch worse in NA, VC1 selling close to 7 times as many copies as VC2.

It was a bad idea all around. The current console generation doesn't have a lot of RPGs, it's part of the reason VC1 got so much recognition and sold so well. Putting a great RPG into an RPG starved market = sales. The PSP has a ton of awesome RPGs and they expected a sequel to a game on another console to sell well on it? Not likely :P:.

Edited by Tangerine

VC2 did worse in Japan than VC1 did. The only place VC2 did better in was Europe. It did muuuuuuuch worse in NA, VC1 selling close to 7 times as many copies as VC2.

From what I hear, VC3 outsold 2 by a landslide in Japan as well, which is why it was the second season to the anime and 2 wasn't.