I know you all hate cod, but

Fenrir

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's because of your blatant ignorance of pretty much everything gaming-related this side of the world. I'd put my money on you not knowing much about the gaming industry over yonder either.

Probably not.

Also, just throwing one out there, I find in general that western RPGs are significantly better than JRPGs. Maybe it's just me.

EDIT: Though to be fair a lot of things classified as "JRPGs" are hardly RPGs, so it's difficult to directly compare them.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

I don't like FPS 'cuz I'm ass with controllers and have really shitty aim and thus can't find enjoyment out of them. Not because they're popular.

Disliking something for popularity as the only reason of dislike is kinda....ehhhhh.

I entered the thread created by my fellow human being, picturing the appearance of the term "game industry" ohohohohohoo! BWUAHAHEHEHAHAHAHAHH! This fellow human being leaves now, with many giggles! Hehehehehee!

Before the disappearance of my fellow human being self though! Some like hot wheel cars, some like ps3s, some like barbies, some like call of duty. They are all special in their own way as they bring giggles to our fellow human being heheheheheheheohohohooaoabBWUAHAHEHAHAHHH! In doing so, we become more complete - more fun! More entertaining! Indeed!

how do you talk about srpgs, and even mention sakura wars, but somehow super robot wars isn't notable enough

SRW does kinda lift its entire casts from other franchises when it's not an Original Generation title, so...

That said, most SRW games are great too. I say most because J is too fucking broken to really be enjoyable, and not in a fun over-the-top lulzy kind of way.

I don't like FPS 'cuz I'm ass with controllers and have really shitty aim and thus can't find enjoyment out of them. Not because they're popular.

Disliking something for popularity as the only reason of dislike is kinda....ehhhhh.

most people dislike FPS games because of ^ this and because "the story sucks".

uh duuuurp we know the story sucks; only 12 year old little boys like FPS games for the story.

People like me play FPS games for the gameplay. One reason is because of how much skill it takes and thus how cool it feels to win.

speaking of skill if you're ass with controllers and bad at aiming then you're missing out on ^ that. your loss

> Implying anybody other than subhumans play FPSs on console

I kid, I kid, I know some lovely mentally disabled people who love to play Call of Duty on their XBox.

SRW does kinda lift its entire casts from other franchises when it's not an Original Generation title, so...

That said, most SRW games are great too. I say most because J is too fucking broken to really be enjoyable, and not in a fun over-the-top lulzy kind of way.

Z2.1 is the most boner srpg I've ever played, just gonna say.

most people dislike FPS games because of ^ this and because "the story sucks".

uh duuuurp we know the story sucks; only 12 year old little boys like FPS games for the story.

People like me play FPS games for the gameplay. One reason is because of how much skill it takes and thus how cool it feels to win.

speaking of skill if you're ass with controllers and bad at aiming then you're missing out on ^ that. your loss

I agree, there's nothing better than yelling over xbox live telling a random you shit on them.

& in multiplayer FPS, there is never the same exact scenario twice.

Also, just throwing one out there, I find in general that western RPGs are significantly better than JRPGs. Maybe it's just me.

EDIT: Though to be fair a lot of things classified as "JRPGs" are hardly RPGs, so it's difficult to directly compare them.

I know, right?

Japanese RPGs:

You are now a 12-16 year old boy who is either very hot blooded or has daddy issues. The rest of your cast will be 8-20 years old. You all have a personality that is as thick as a piece of paper, because that's how we Japanese roll and because we never ever hire professional writers.

I mean obviously Japanese developers forgot their main crowd is actually between 20 and 30 years of age.

Western RPGs:

You are now a person who is dropped into a big, usually open world for you to explore in your sexy 1st- or 3rd person view. Usually you the player can decide to quite an extent how you look and what kind of character you have. You are also generally unbound in how your your character builds up his skills, what he/she/it becomes good at. You tend not to have daddy issues, but when you do, you can probably kill him and end them. And better yet, any non-player character you meet will feel like more of a person than any JRPG's grab-in-the-barrel-of-stereotypes ever will achieve.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Japanese RPGs:

You are now a 12-16 year old boy who is either very hot blooded or has daddy issues. The rest of your cast will be 8-20 years old. You all have a personality that is as thick as a piece of paper, because that's how we Japanese roll and because we never ever hire professional writers.

I mean obviously Japanese developers forgot their main crowd is actually between 20 and 30 years of age.

Western RPGs:

You are now a person who is dropped into a big, usually open world for you to explore in your sexy 1st- or 3rd person view. Usually you the player can decide to quite an extent how you look and what kind of character you have. You are also generally unbound in how your your character builds up his skills, what he/she/it becomes good at. You tend not to have daddy issues, but when you do, you can probably kill him and end them. And better yet, any non-player character you meet will feel like more of a person than any JRPG's grab-in-the-barrel-of-stereotypes ever will achieve.

Ha.