I know you all hate cod, but

Fenrir

Eh. I don't care much for PC games anyway, and I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer, in any case. So gaming is irrelevant to my interests. The only games I play can be emulated anyway, so having a PC and having a mac doesn't make much of a difference on my gaming front.

As I've said earlier, my laptop started out as a graphic design work laptop and replaced my old PC when it stopped working. So it's basically first and foremost an art computer with programming and higher-level mathematics capabilities added on to it. Which works really well for me, personally.

@Alex: So it really just what the OS caters to your interests. Because my mac does everything I tell it to do. Which is fine since Windows works for you, though Cam and I may have discovered why Nightmare2 isn't as cross-platform as it should. I've never had issues with settings or opening files in certain programs, though, so I have no clue what you're talking about. As for linux, I know the guy who teaches us programming in my school prefers it. So...

By "inertia" I was referring to how most people have Windows and are used to Windows.

Then say that and don't drop physics terms into your arguments when it shouldn't be used like that.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wanna know how you remedy this whole "I can't game because I have a mac" thing?

Bootcamp. I know, I'm a genius.

But regardless, Windows is better for the most part if you have some form of computer literacy.

Intertia is not a word. Inertia is a physics term denoting a property of matter and it's resistance to a change in its state of rest or constant-speed motion. I don't see how that has anything to do with computers.

I'm not completely sure I agree...the english language is rather organic, being as there's no acknowledged centralized institution that I know of (not like the academie francaise), so if people use something as a word, even if it's a new word, it can become a word (neologism). Otherwise you would never have words, or terms for that matter. If it already has basis as a term in some other field, all the more power to it becoming a word in the English language as a loanword - still a word.

But I see what you're saying; that's why I'm asking Crash to be more precise. Even though I suspect it's not going to be a productive use of my time, SF is hardly a productive use of my time. As you have an art thread and hacking activities here, you may feel differently.

As of the moment when I told him intertia is not a word, it is not a word. It may become a word in the future, but as of now, this second, it is not a word.

You wanna know how you remedy this whole "I can't game because I have a mac" thing?

Bootcamp. I know, I'm a genius.

But regardless, Windows is better for the most part if you have some form of computer literacy.

I hate turning off my computer. And I don't even play games that much so it wouldn't be useful anyway. Beyond like, FE.

Also, interface preference. And really, it's not a matter of which one's better, but which one caters to one's needs. Mac does it better for me than PCs do, so I use a mac. I mean, otherwise I would've gone full-time bootcamp on this mac, setting the partition as my default, but I don't, do I?

I just find it unreasonable for people to call a computer that's functional and does what it's supposed to do crap. :/ If they said crap for gaming, or crap for the user's personal purpose in a computer (like Alex's issues), then that is legit, but to call it crap on an overall broad scale is ridiculous.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I don't know, I don't play Touhou and I don't plan to either. So I don't really care.

Though, Wine exists and that's made to run windows executables on macs and linux. I just cbf to run it when what I do doesn't require .exe.

I don't know, I don't play Touhou and I don't plan to either. So I don't really care.

Though, Wine exists and that's made to run windows executables on macs and linux. I just cbf to run it when what I do doesn't require .exe.

Is that a yes or a no.

Here's why my current computer is Windows:

1. Spider Solitare.

2. Paint is part of my splicing kit. The other part, GIMP, doesn't care.

3. I don't have to get into a huge argument with it every time I want to install a new piece of hardware.

4. I can open it up and install things.

5. I was raised on Windows.

If I had a choice between some flavor of Linux and a Mac, I'm going for Linux.

OSX itself actually isn't too expensive though. It's really just the hardware.

Though, macs have dropped in price. Not significantly, but enough to make me go "hrrrrng why didn't I buy this computer half a year later". Hell, Macbook Air used to be like, 1799 and now they're 999. Maybe they'll hit the range of affordable for most one day, IDK.

Is that a yes or a no.

Yes.

Then say that and don't drop physics terms into your arguments when it shouldn't be used like that.

OH NOES CRASH USED A METAPHOR!!!!111oneone D8

Well, perhaps it wasn't a metaphor but it's something like that, can't think of the word ATM.

OH NOES CRASH USED A METAPHOR!!!!111oneone D8

Well, perhaps it wasn't a metaphor but it's something like that, can't think of the word ATM.

Well you made a shitty metaphor, then. Usually you wanna carry the concept through. I couldn't tell whatever it was you were trying to say. Also don't do the 11oneone thing. It's dumb. c:

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

your dumb!!1

No, they should make LESS Linux software and orphan that open-source hippy shit! :angry:

Let me explain to you why this makes you more of a dumbass than you already very much were.

- Suppose you really are just saying shit to irritate people you don't necessarily believe. This appears to be the theory held by many individuals on this board these days regarding your...behaviour.

Then by stating something so completely asinine you've immediately gone over your bullshit quota and then instead of irritating people, you've caused them to completely ignore you. Suddenly your plan has failed.

Incidentally I didn't even know you posted this until someone quoted it, and I scanned the thread thoroughly...but not beyond making hidden posts visible.

- Perhaps you really are this fucking dumb.

That's all there is to say in that case

Out of genuine curiosity, why do you make posts? What type of thoughts go through your head? In this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_development_stages where is your level of development?

I like to pretend that crash is actually the oldest member but that he's always completely serious about everything he says. And I also like to think that when it turns out to be the case I doubt anyone will be surprised except his fellow [REDACTED]s.

hikachu were you the one who said that 34 year old boy I'm RP'ing as over at SoS should actually be a fat bellyshirt wearing hairy 34 year old dude who thinks he's a little kokiri boy?

do you imagine crash would look like that?