You choose the units, I play through this game

Think it's time to amuse myself with one of these once again.

Rules of engagement

• Eirika and Ephraim are free
  • NO ONE ELSE; NOT EVEN SETH
  • HARD MODE
  • Which path will be decided when the list of units has been established
  • 10 units to pick; one pick per user
  • Free to choose their promotion paths as well
  • Trainees will be leveled up to 10/1 in Valni using unselected characters for protection
  • Thieves are _NOT_ free to use for chests and the such

Oh boy, here we go again...

L'Arachel>Mage Knight (integrataaaaaay)

Syrene (Generic Operator with a preference for mature women)

Neimi>Sniper (EspeonQueen_Elincia the lolicon)

Ewan>Mage Knight (Rothene the shotacon)

Innes (the awesome Spectakitty)

Garcia>Hero (some chump called silver harpoon)

Cormag>Wyvern Lord (Nightmare the Terrible)

Kyle>Paladin (The merciful eclipse)

Natasha>bishop (the coolio Bryan)

Lute>Sage (My savior Whase)

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Ewan...Pupil(3). If you don't have the save file for it, Ewan...Mageknight.

I expect great things...such as tender loving care applied to him and that he be used to become a cold blooded killing machine, robbed of all childish innocence.

Edited by Rothene

Troll swag~

Um, I'll change mine to Niemi, can we choose promotions too?

Free to choose their promotion paths as well

yes

Hero Garcia.

Must have A swords by endgame.

No Speedwings for his awesomeness.

no and no

Alright. Team has been assembled, time to get my ass kicked in earlygame. Once again I'm going to be making a tier list before and after playing through the game, oh and I will play Eirika route due to popular demand and easier secret shop access.

L'Arachel: It's L'arachel. Nimble little minx that loses value as healer because Natasha and Lute will be doing the same thing but earlier and thus have better staff rank. Probably won't be very useful.

Syrene: Meh. Never used her. Assuming her low-ish stats will make her kinda useless

Neimi: Unfortunately I have to promote Neimi to Sniper. Might as well bench her as soon as I get her =/

Ewan: Will either need feeding for very long or blessed stats. The latter is not too likely to happen, since FE8 has a way of hating me in that way

Innes: Another guy I've never used because lolSniper and lolPrepromote. Not expecting a lot more out of him than out of Neimi, but a lot less headache.

Garcia: This dude will carry the entirety of my earlygame, get speedwings for midgame, and Garm for late- to endgame. Expecting him to be one of the top ranked units

Cormag: I prefer Cormag over Tana. Just annoying to recruit

Kyle: Was complete and utter shit in the stat department my previous pick my unit run of this game. Now has the better promotion option and hopefully less sodomized stats.

Natasha: Earlygame healer who probably won't be seeing a lot of deployment because I can't protect her.

Lute: Sage cannon. Will need protection but hopefully not so much from midgame on.

The tier list

Garcia

Kyle

Good

Cormag

Ephraim

Okay

Natasha

Lute

L'arachel

Eirika

Meh

Innes

Syrene

Shit Tier

Ewan

Neimi

Complain loudly

Alright. I done begun playing:

Prologue; 2 turns

Seth gives his steel sword and vulnerary to Eirika and moves up. Eirika moves right, critkills both fighters on EP, moves onto a forest and critkills boss. Gets str, spd and luk on levelup.

Chapter 1: 6 turns (8 total)

Protecting 3 units with one, ho! At least her gained Str allows her to oneshot. Eirika moves up on turn 1, kills fighter on EP. Critkills soldier on turn 2, then a soldier and fighter on EP. Moves into the range of the last remaining soldier and heals on turn 3, then kills both that and the last fighter on EP. Heals on turn 4. Moves next to boss on 5 and heals again, kills on EP, captures on 6. Another Str levelup.

Chapter 2: 8 turns (16 total)

Eirika grabbeth the red gem, Vanessa goes and grabs Ross, Moulder drops him. Turn 2 Ross GET, Garcia GET. Garcia takes his sons hatchet. Turn 3 Eirika kills a bandit, after that blagh don't feel like writing down anymore 8 turn clear and more str for Eirika

Chapter 3: 10 turns (26 total)

A loli called Neimi drops in and says hi. Hand Axe might be sorta interesting to get but not really. I go through the middle of the map, ignoring all loot and Colm. Then suddenly he comes my way and since I don't need Neimi for anything anymore I just recruit him. Neimi starts sniping a fighter from over the wall and receives a chest key =o. Eirika kills boss on turn 9, clears on turn 10.

Chapter 4: 10 turns (36 total)

Pretty difficult when you've got to protect 2 units with 2 other not-very-solid characters. First coupla turns I hung around the starting point to take care of whatever was coming at me from the east, then went down to Lute's village, using Garcia as my wall. Some turns later Lute is recruited and I move Garcia and Neimi into the northern part of the map while Eirika and Lute go take care of the south east.

Chapter 5: 10 turns (46 total)

Neimi gets the dragonshield and then transports it to Eirika, who uses it. After she tanks a hit from Joshua, he's recruited because I can, and we move on to the boss. Armorslayer and Secret Book are acquired

Chapter 5x: 17 turns (63 total)

Kyle and Ephraim rush to the throne, skipping any and all treasure. Clear on turn 17

Chapter 6:

So apparently you don't get a Guiding Ring in chapter 5 if you don't visit all villages.