(Pokémon) A New Black/White Draft

Kon

Ooh, okay~! Now, time to see what my team can do (hopefully, not die).

At least it's not draftlocke. Where you had Audino and Ferrothorn for the end of the game. Yeah.

I'll start soon, I'm a little busy.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it's not draftlocke. Where you had Audino and Ferrothorn for the end of the game. Yeah.

I'll start soon, I'm a little busy.

If I wasn't so good at pulling random crits, I think I might've been able to finish that!

perfect. By the way, I have decided to nickname every pokemon that I have drafted. Just for fun.

Pokemon  Nickname  Ability  Nature  M/F  Level  HP  Att  Def  Sp.A  Sp.D  Spd   Move1    Move2      Move3 		Move4
Oshawott   Bob 	Torrent  Lonely   M    14    39   26   17  22 	18    18   Tackle   Tail Whip  Water gun   Focus energy    

Currently just before the first gym.

[edit]

Just finished the gym. Bob defeated lillipup using water gun and tackle, causing him to level up, followed by Pansear defeating Pansage. Now my mokey takes a back line as my hm tool for now.

Edited by chillaccinogirl

Hey chillaccinogirl,

Pokemon    Nickname   Ability   Nature  M/F  Lvl  HP  Atk  Def SpA SpD Spd   Move 1      Move 2          Move 3        Move 4
Oshawott   Bob 	      Torrent   Lonely   M   14   39   26   17  22  18  18   Tackle      Tail Whip       Water Gun     Focus Energy    

I fixed up your code tag, maybe use that one? Yours looks a little spaced out.

Edit: I made some progress.

Hilda's grand adventure:

Starting out, I take Snivy (henceforth known as Belir) and beat Cheren and Bianca. I move out to Route 1, catch 3 Lillipup's before finding one with what I wanted (Vital Spirit and decent nature) (known as Tiara), and also a Patrat for Cut.

Tiara (at level 4) takes out N's Purrloin (and then reaches level 7 immediately). I clean up Route 2, Bianca was really easy.

Moving on to Striation City, I go and get Panpour (now known as Refia), and Refia beats up Cheren. Chili goes down to Lillipup and Panpour.

Name  Species    Nature  Ability      Lvl  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Belir Snivy      Serious Overgrow      12  36  17  21  18  18  22
Tiara Lillipup   Adamant Vital Spirit  13  37  25  19  13  17  22
Refia Panpour    Serious Gluttony      11  35  18  16  16  16  19

Edited by Manix

Thanks Manix.

Pokemon    Nickname   Ability    Nature  M/F  Lvl  HP  Atk  Def SpA SpD Spd   Move 1    Move 2          Move 3        Move 4
Dewott     Bob        Torrent    Lonely   M   17   53   39   24  33  25  26   Tackle    Razor Shell     Water Gun     Focus Energy    
Munna      Mist       Forewarn   Quirky   F   17   55   18   21  30  24  16   Psywave   Moonlight       Psybeam       Yawn
Pidove     Tamara     Super Luck Rash     F   16   46   26   24  22  17  20   Gust      Growl           Air Cutter    Quick Attack

I caught my Munna (now named mist) and trained her a little using a few Audino.

After that I captured Tamara (Pidove) and trained her using a few trainers and wild pokemon.

Against team Plasma I let my monkey switch in to suicide against a patrat's bide and Tamara fainted against the second. Mist finished it off. Now I will do some training in the dark grass to level up Tamara and Bob.

I am training before the second gym and Bob has evolved. I have planned to use Bob and evolved Tamara for the gym.

Oh, fine.

GYM 1

Beat up everything between me and the first gym, then beat up Cilan (he's so adorable!) I might pick up an Audino in the Dreamyard (as I plan on giving Albida a couple of levels).

Pokemon     Nickname   Nature    Lvl   HP  Atk  Def  SpA  SpD  Spd
Oshawott    Albida     Sassy     14    42  24   21   25   19   19
Pansear     Axion      Mild      11    34  18   14   17   16   20

GYM 2

Managed to catch Blitzle, Audino, and Sawk. Blitzle was a huge help, Audino's nature is semi-weird (Calm), and Sawk rocks (Sturdy FTW). Spent a bit of time leveling my new guys up before going to Nacrene proper. Second gym solo'd by the blue Pokemon with the black belt. Nothing touched him.

Somewhere in the forest, thunder learned Flame Charge. Castelia, here I come~!

Dewott      Albida     Sassy     19    62  39   33   39   30   30
Blitzle     thunder    Naive     18    44  29   18   23   16   36
Audino      empathy    Calm      19    71  27   39   31   45   27
Sawk        Mei        Lonely    21    67  68   36   17   39   42

Edited by eclipse

So, I beat up some Team Plasma grunts, then rush Route 3 and clear it up. Cheren is solo'd by Refia, and I decide to bench Belir for having bad offense. (Normally, I have Servine by this point, and the offense problem is non-existent.) If I really need him later, that can be fixed on Route 10. Route 3 South is just as easily cleaned up, reaching Nacrene City. Tiara evolves somewhere along the way.

I head to the Pinwheel Forest entrance, beat up some trainers, and return to Nacrene to beat up N. Refia has some more fun there. The gym consists of Refia dying to a Herdier, me going out to heal, Refia beating up stuff, eventually reaching Lv19, and Tiara is at Lv21. Lenora takes two attempts, the first consisted of weakened Refia being immediately KO'ed at Tiara taking one too many Leer's to survive. Second attempt has full health Refia getting enough Defense drops on Rock Smash to allow Tiara to easily beat up Herdier, and I apply the X Defend I found in the Dreamyard once Watchog enters. I KO it safely.

Name  Species    Nature  Ability      Lvl  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Tiara Herdier    Adamant Vital Spirit  22  66  50  37  23  34  37
Refia Panpour    Serious Gluttony      19  53  28  25  25  24  31
~~Bench is below this line~~
Belir Snivy      Serious Overgrow      15  42  20  25  21  21  26

Well, I have munna/musharna as my special tank (I will give her the rocky helmet when I can).

Minccino/Cinccino because it is my favourite.

Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott for water moves and epicness.

Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant for early availability, two evolutions and two immunities.

Cubchoo/Beartic for dragon types.

Petill/Lilligant for hp absorbing moves, cut and pretty good stats.

Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile for massive strength+psychic elite 4 member.

It seems like a good team to me.

Sweet! I got a new banner!

Ok, so my starting was abysmal, but from now, I'm gonna kick butt.

I chose Oshawott as my starter, obvious choice is obvious.

It lost to Bianca's Tepig. :|

It won against Cheren's Snivy. :|

Then I made it fight all trainers along the way, and all was good, until I had to fight Cheren in the trainer school. I lost to him. Four times. FRIGGIN FOUR TIMES!

But then finally it learnt focus energy and won after going to the dreamyard for training with other trainers.

Then in the gym, I lost twice. Then I used Pansear to paralyze Pansage using lick, then Oshawott got the kill I need.

Poor Pansear, I'm sorry I used you as a meatshild.

Then it was a level away from evolving. It evolved against those kids with the monkey. Yeah phooey. I kicked more Plasma grunts along the way.

Then I spent about 7-8 minutes looking for Throh. The moment I went into the tall grass, I found a level 17 Throh. Good for me, now it can reasonably keep up with Dewott. I was lucky though, because if my pokeball did not catch it at the second attempt, its bide would've blasted my Dewott outta there.

Oh yeah, I also named my Dewott Bruce Lee. <3

EDIT:

Ok, so after that, I end up kicking N's ass with Throh like he was nothing at all.

Against Lenora, I opened up with bruce. Bruce kicked Herdier's butt while under half HP. Throh then used bide to take Watchog's retaliate+ another retaliate, which put it under half HP. But hey, Bide did the trick.

Yeah, Throh's one of the pokemon who can kcik Lenora even at Base level. The other would be Sawk.

Edited by blues

Bob the Dewott has a better name.

So, I benched Mist after training Bob and Tamara (mostly Tamara) near challenge rock. I'm about to start the gym.

[edit]

now to fight the leader. Tamara evolved on the trainer before the leader. And she is amazing. I am so glad I chose her.

Ok then: Leader 2:

I started the fight with bob, who manage to faint herdier after 7 or 8 water guns (it took longer because of the super potion used by Lenora)whilst dodging 3 or 4 take downs. Then I was lucky that wachog used leer instead of retaliate. A turn later retaliate was used and OHKO'd Bob because of the large number of leers used. I then send out Tamara. Tamara got a critical hit with air cutter and then ended the match with quick attack. Tamara then leveled up. Mist was then withdrawed.

I entered the forest, caught a Cottenee, left and traded it for my Petilil.

New Current Stats:

In Party:
Pokemon    Nickname   Ability     Nature  M/F  Lvl  HP  Atk  Def SpA SpD Spd   Move 1    Move 2        Move 3        Move 4
Dewott     Bob        Torrent     Lonely   M   20   60   46   27  38  29  31   Tackle    Razor Shell   Water Gun     Fury Cutter    
Tranquil   Tamara     Super Luck  Rash     F   22   64   45   36  34  27  36   Gust      Roost         Air Cutter    Quick Attack
Munna      Mist       Forewarn    Quirky   F   18   58   19   22  31  25  17   Psywave   Moonlight     Psybeam       Yawn
Petilil    Lillil    Chlorophyll  Modest   F   15   41   16   23  33  23  17   Growth    Leech Seed    Sleep Powder  Mega Drain

New day, new reply.

GYM 3

The forest gave thunder some much-needed experience. Got to Castelia, and picked up the hold items that mattered (which was just about everything). Team Plasma's Sandiles went down to Albida. Burgh's Poison Bug Thingy died to Flame Charge, Dwebble to Double Kick, and Leavanny was a combination of Flame Charge and Secretpower. Albida chilled out in the PC.

Dewott      Albida     Sassy     22    70  45   37   45   35   35
Blitzle     thunder    Naive     23    54  36   22   28   19   45
Audino      empathy    Calm      24    87  35   48   38   55   33
Sawk        Mei        Lonely    23    73  74   38   19   42   46

GYM 4?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do stats for this one.

Beat up Bianca (and took no damage), then beat up Cheren with minimal damage. Blasted through the desert, and picked up Dig. Avoided as many trainers as possible while getting Rock Tomb. Went to Nimbasa, dressed up thunder, then beat up N using Albida, Mei, and empathy. Currently, team is 25-27. I'll see if I can knock Elesa around.

UPDATE: Used a very stupid, stallish strategy to get rid of Elesa. Gave thunder the Eviolite, then had her absorb as many attacks from one of the Emolga as possible, while charging up with Flame Charge. Eventually, killed one, and paralyzed/weakened another, then thunder fainted. empathy took out the other one, then put a huge dent in Zebbie's HP. Mei switched in to show that thing who was boss. In the process, I ate three criticals (a critical Pursuit, Quick Attack, and Aerial Ace). I chewed through 15 Super Potions and a Revive to pull this off!

Everyone was in the 27-29 range when all was said and done.

GYM 5?

Beat up Cheren, then beat up the kids, then beat up the bystanders. Caught Gothita, and nicknamed her Star Field. Ran around on the bridge, grabbed a bunch of Wings, and found a Ducklett that I liked (Sassy), and nicknamed her Snow Goose. Currently about to clean out Cold Storage, and then obliterate Clay's Gym (Albida + Snow Goose + Mei = dead gym).

Edited by eclipse

Okay, back~!

The rest of Gym 5 and then some

While in Cold Storage, empathy caught a cold. Pokerus, to be exact.

ROFLSTOMP.

Mei was faster than that Fissure machine, and OHKO'd the thing. Albida took out the Swagger thing with Razor Shell while on Swagger, Palpatine met true darkness, and all was right with the world.

Went a bit towards my final Pokemon, then went back to heal. I'll do a stat sheet now, since this is more-or-less the levels I had (sans thunder, who was fed a ton of kills after the gym).

Pokemon     Nickname     Nature    Lvl   HP  Atk  Def  SpA  SpD  Spd
Dewott      Albida       Sassy     30    93  62   50   61   46   47
Zebstrika   thunder      Naive     29    84  69   45   51   39   83
Audino      empathy      Calm      30   108  43   59   47   68   42
Sawk        Mei          Lonely    31    95  102  51   24   56   63
Gothita     Star Field   Calm      31    73  34   38   41   58   39
Ducklett    Snow Goose   Sassy     29    79  42   36   31   44   34

Thoughts:

Albida - Hits hard, and takes hits. What more can a girl ask for?

thunder - Hits first, and hits relatively hard. She's kinda frail, but if I can take advantage of Motor Drive, it's totally worth it.

empathy - My "I don't know what else to sponge with, so I choose you". Lacking in the damage department, but takes forever to go down to non-Fighting attacks.

Mei - Insane damage output, and will at least be 2HKO'd by everything. Current MVP of the run.

Star Field - She's got decent damage output, but she's not gonna shine until she fully evolves. Currently holding Eviolite.

Snow Goose - Anything weak to Fly dies really fast. Bubblebeam's fairly useful, but I want to stick something stronger on her. I'll need to seriously level her, because her time to shine will be against Marshall.

?????? - I will find a way to fit Ferroseed in here, because that's my answer to Dreydan.

Edited by eclipse

GYM 1

Although I said myself that the monkeys were free, I decided to be incredibly stubborn and solo Cilan with Bruce the Oshawott. It was... difficult, but I somehow managed to win out after buffing up Bruce with an X Speed and an X Def. while Cilan's Lillipup was out and hoped that that damned Pansage wouldn't crit with Vine Whip. I think Bruce was at about level 15 when I beat him.

GYM 2

Lenora wasn't really all that hard, to be honest, although... I can't really remember a whole lot from that battle. XD I think Jean-Paul the Woobat took down Her Herdier and Bruce took on Watchogg because Bite really hurts my little bat. I don't really remember the levels they were at, unfortunately, because I was more focused on getting my Cottenee.

GYM 3

Using my lovely new Cottenee Harley, I decided that I would be awesome to take down Burgh's Whirlipede and Dwebble without any assistance from Bruce and Jean-Paul. The amazing thing is that I actually pulled it off. XD It involved paralyzing and seeding Whirlipede and then keeping her health up so then she wouldn't get KO'd with Poison Tail. It took a long time, especially with Burgh's two Hyper Potions but eventually he went down and Dwebble soon went down to just two Mega Drains. After that I oneshot Leavanny with Jean-Paul's Air Slash. Everyone was at Level 22-23 at the time.

Now I've acquired the fourth member of my team, Johnathan the Yamask and have just gotten to Nimbasa after stealing everything I can at the Desert Resort and Relic Castle.

Pokémon  	Nickname        Nature      Ability    F/M    Lvl   HP  Atk  Def  SpA  SpD  Spd
Dewott  	Bruce   	Serious    Torrent 	M	26   80  48   38   51   44   42
Swoobat 	Jean-Paul  	Bold        Unaware 	M 	26    75  38   40   45   38   70
Cottenee  	Harley  	Bold        Prankster   F 	26   58  18   46   32   31   44
Johnathan   	Yamask        	Timid   	Mummy  	M 	25    54  22  50   37   39   24

Anyone who guesses my name theme gets a cookie

Well, I have munna/musharna as my special tank (I will give her the rocky helmet when I can).

Minccino/Cinccino because it is my favourite.

Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott for water moves and epicness.

Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant for early availability, two evolutions and two immunities.

Cubchoo/Beartic for dragon types.

Petill/Lilligant for hp absorbing moves, cut and pretty good stats.

Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile for massive strength+psychic elite 4 member.

It seems like a good team to me.

Sweet! I got a new banner!

I see. That said, Lilligant is my signature Pokemon of sorts - I'll just send her out whenever in doubt, like I usually am against Elesa (that being said, she usually pulls through against Elesa for me despite those Emolgas causing her issues). Also, I like Own Tempo. It means I can ignore confusion inducing attacks. And I didn't mention no confusion Petal Dance. Silly me! Cinccino can be quite a formidable attacker with Technician (though I'm sure you know that already). With regard to Munna, I prefer Synchronize, since hey, sending status ailments back to sender is cool. And I like havig an easier time getting the right nature (read: Modest) for some of the Pokemon I catch, such as the aforementioned Lilligant. and I quite like the Pidove line in spite of all the flak they get, and I like Super Luck. And Featherdance ruins any physically priented mon's day. Can't really comment on Beartic or Krookodile.

Edited by Metal King Slime