About FE4's difficulty

omglmaowtf

The only thread I remember was Paperblade's explanation of how much base level Shannan dominates Epilogue. I'll gladly answer any questions you might have though.

Playthrough summary:

Gen 1 - Sigurd, sometimes Holsety Levin I think

Gen 2 - Oifaye, Shannan, Aless, Levin!Sety, and then Narga!Julia at the end for Julius

Yeah it just doesn't really seem all that difficult. Base-level Sigurd is already a mofo, and Holy Weapons exist. Levin doesn't care as much about never getting any SPD if he has Holsety to automatically push him past caps, and then the 2nd Gen throws Shannan and Aless at you (plus Oifaye and Sety, the latter of whom is good regardless of father; hell, even Hawk might be alright), and Julia as a boss-killer.

At least in other 0% runs you're stuck with characters whose stats are merely good, as opposed to characters with stats that are essentially not physically possible. Not many other games let you go 10+ points over the SPD cap without ever actually gaining any SPD.

Would a 0% Replacements run even be that much harder? You'd still be leaning on the same characters other than Sety, and Hawk isn't too terrible.

Edited by Renall

You suck @_@

I remember someone make 0% growth rates in Fe 8, and I beat the frotomis by dussell =))

In this case, I think they will use Ofilaye, shanan ( of coures), aless, sety, and can use ladcke as well

Yurius is for yuria if you want to finished the game

It's great if you do the patch has zero growth rates

Lakche is really bad for anything beyond the first Ch6 stretch.

Sety wasn't actually _that_ awesome because he only had 24 HP, and while his avoid was really high it was not reliable enough to mow down entire armies without getting terrain, Charisma, etc, and if he gets hit once he generally dies. Aless was kind of slow (but still usable, don't get me wrong), my main killers were really Shannan and Oifaye if I recall things correctly.

Why was Sety's HP that low? It's supposed to be higher at base, I thought. Maybe he got boned from the 0% HP growths of his parents.

Well if it isn't, Hawk's HP base is 38, so that's... something, I guess, for a 0% Replacements run. The Replacements also get a number of stat-boosting events; Dimna may suck, but he'll have 4-7 more STR than Lester because Lester doesn't get a +5 STR conversation.

So probably basically about the same degree of Shannan/Oifaye whoring, some Aless when he pops up, and a little Hawk.

Sety should normally have 40 HP base with base level Levin and Fury as his parents, but if what Mekkah did cut out even the automatic levels children characters are supposed to receive as part of their base stats, then yeah, it should wind up as 24. But as opposed to a 0% growths run starting characters at their base levels, that means the run is starting the children characters several levels below their base level (particularly Sety, Faval, and Altenna), which results in an added challenge, but it seems unnecessary to fulfill the point of a 0% growths run.

Edited by Othin

So no one has any idea where to find any videos on 0% growths for FE4? All my searches on google, youtube, and this site hasn't yielded anything. Though you say its been done. Speaking of which, searching for stuff on this site is very difficult when you cannot search for thread or post.

Why was Sety's HP that low? It's supposed to be higher at base, I thought. Maybe he got boned from the 0% HP growths of his parents.

Well if it isn't, Hawk's HP base is 38, so that's... something, I guess, for a 0% Replacements run. The Replacements also get a number of stat-boosting events; Dimna may suck, but he'll have 4-7 more STR than Lester because Lester doesn't get a +5 STR conversation.

So probably basically about the same degree of Shannan/Oifaye whoring, some Aless when he pops up, and a little Hawk.

I prefer lester more because he has the hero bow, if you want dimna to annoy and kill is not bad ( I don't like bow knight much)

NO one want to uae athena? She's will have the biggest str in game, with crit, she's not too bad, alright?

I prefer lester more because he has the hero bow, if you want dimna to annoy and kill is not bad ( I don't like bow knight much)

NO one want to uae athena? She's will have the biggest str in game, with crit, she's not too bad, alright?

Well yeah, Lester's better for that reason, but in a 0% Replacements game you won't have the Hero Bow so at least Dimna will have a statistical advantage to compensate somewhat.

Is it ok to have only Sigurd & Ira duo Gen 1 at least until getting Levin?

Who is Ayra? Sigurd pretty much solo'd everything to get kills on his swords to make up for the fact that he couldn't ORKO naturally. Loading those broken +5 stat rings goes a long way to compensate for having just his bases to work with. The best sword to give a lot of kills was actually the Light Sword, to give him 1-2 range and WTA vs Ch4 Wind Mages. Ayra simply wasn't very useful, I liked Holyn better. I think I also got Lex to promote.

I did however use most other mounted units to make it easier to clear paths for Sigurd, mostly in Ch2. Many hands make light work, even (or especially) in 0% growths. There's something very satisfying about taking down generics with untrained Alec, Midir, etc.

And yes, the children got horribly boned on their auto-levels. I consider it part of the 0% growth thing really because there's no way to avoid it other than making them static characters and adjusting their bases to expectations...I really didn't mind it because generation 2 had Shannan, Aless, and Oifaye, plus it was just really funny to see units that weak. I think I paired pretty much everyone, except Sylvia because I expected to need a third Charisma bot in gen 2 sometimes (it wasn't a very efficient run so I could get Laylea near boss fights if I needed to). The subs would be slightly better than the children, but not by much. Holsety goes a long way towards compensating for "having stats) in Sety vs Hawk, and all the others just grow obsolete as the game goes on, whether they have slightly better bases or slightly better skillsets.

Altenna was horrible at fighting. Having amazing strength doesn't count for much if you can't OHKO everything, and at that point enemies have like 50-60 HP. She was useful to save some villages and civilians, and that's about it.