Best Weapon ... And Why?

Arguable. Corple goes unrecruited a lot and he still has to promote to use Holsety.

:p

True in the case of newbies probably accidentally LevinSylvia , though the only reason I can think of why more experienced FE4 players would want to do corplesety on purpose is that they are somehow maso and are bored with the two good Holsety pairings and wanna grind that little fucker for some reasons.

As far as I know, Levin doesn't get 26 movement.

Touché.

It seems the point of Holsety's availability has already been made. 2/3rds of the game is longer then almost any other Holy/Sacred weapon in the FE saga. I love Narga and all, but at most you get to use it on a dozen enemies in the last 5 minutes of the game. Since there is no real reason to leave the dark warlords alone when you can easily kill them on the way, that number is probably more like 1. And in efficient runs you won't get it at all. Seriously, all the holy spells in FE4 are awesome though.

Also want to throw another mention to Hand Axes and Javelins out of the normal weapons, for being basically being the go-to weapon choice for Fire Emblems 7-9. You almost never need anything stronger except for bosses, and 1-2 range lets you solo the map. Still very strong in 10 and 11, essential in 12 on higher difficulties despite the nerf.

Also want to throw another mention to Hand Axes and Javelins out of the normal weapons, for being basically being the go-to weapon choice for Fire Emblems 7-9. You almost never need anything stronger except for bosses, and 1-2 range lets you solo the map. Still very strong in 10 and 11, essential in 12 on higher difficulties despite the nerf.

I don't really agree with your statement for FE10-12. FE10 1-2 range weapons are -really- powerful because you can forge +5 MT and +25 hit on them, thereby eliminating both of their innate disadvantages. I've also almost never used a Javelin or a Hand Axe in FE11 or FE12 outside of chip damage in early chapters. Once you get some really powerful weapons, you'll pretty much never use Javelins or Hand Axes again.

FE5 Holsety. Now that's some broken stuff! It gives him 20 more speed than any unit, not using the Wind Sword, could ever have. That 20 skill also means he's criticaling like crazy. The Wing Spear's another one. Oneshotting Camus on H2 with a super-Forge is hilarious.

FE4 Hero Swords are also pretty broken, 100% hit means that hit-rates are always nice.

Holsety for hitting resistance, offering lolbroken stat boosts, having 1-2 range, and in the 2nd gen capable of being available since the beginning of the early game.

Wing Spear is probably a close second. Effective against very common enemy types, has natural crit, and is forgeable? Sign me up!

FE4 Brave weapons are also really awesome.

The best common weapons are probably the humble Handaxes and Javelins since you can have 1-2 range in the hands of a powerful unit.

I don't really agree with your statement for FE10-12. FE10 1-2 range weapons are -really- powerful because you can forge +5 MT and +25 hit on them, thereby eliminating both of their innate disadvantages. I've also almost never used a Javelin or a Hand Axe in FE11 or FE12 outside of chip damage in early chapters. Once you get some really powerful weapons, you'll pretty much never use Javelins or Hand Axes again.

First off, I'm not trying to argue that hand axes and javelins are better then say, the wing spear in DSFE. But , as part of looking at the whole series, I do find that they are still very good and almost essential for clearing the higher difficulties. Perhaps not the strongest weapon, but still a critical piece of the puzzle. Early on in Shadow Dragon, they offer a way for your pegs, fighters and cavs to attack without being murdered in return. Later, a really powerful unit like Barst can use then to great effect on the enemy phase. In FE12, again, being able to attack without taking a counter is essential whenever possible, and axes/javis are the only way for a huge amount of units to do that. Early on and in the valley, they allow MU to slaughter stuff on the enemy phase, including killing dragons/leaving them at critical HP. They have a tougher time against the hordes of insane enemies later, but I find them extremely useful for most of the game.

Are we counting forges? Because Forged Hand Axe is just delightful.

In terms of the best single weapon unto itself, gotta be Holsety, edging out more technically powerful options due to availability. Show me how I can get Narga in ch4 of FE4 and I'll change my mind, but until then... yep.

Early on in Shadow Dragon, they offer a way for your pegs, fighters and cavs to attack without being murdered in return.

This is true.

Later, a really powerful unit like Barst can use then to great effect on the enemy phase.

He certainly can, but this ability is worth relatively less in FE11 than it is in other FE games.

In FE12, again, being able to attack without taking a counter is essential whenever possible, and axes/javis are the only way for a huge amount of units to do that.

You do so little damage with Hand Axes and Javelins in FE12 that it's almost not worth doing. I honestly can't remember circumstances in this game where these ranged weapons were useful because I was either ORKOing already or I was using a bow user for significantly stronger chip.

Early on and in the valley, they allow MU to slaughter stuff on the enemy phase, including killing dragons/leaving them at critical HP. They have a tougher time against the hordes of insane enemies later, but I find them extremely useful for most of the game.

Complete disagreement on this one. This is only true if MU went fighter and is super blessed, otherwise he's not capable of slaughtering anything. You can OHKO flying dragons with a forged bow, forged dragon-effective weapon, or Excalibur, and fire and ice dragons are easily ORKO'd with unforged dragon-effective weapons. Later on, you have Wing Spears, Ridersbanes, Hammers, Armorslayers, and a Sword Killer to beat down a variety of enemy types, and by endgame you have brave weapon that can ORKO enemy sorcerors when forged.

Edited by dondon151

Javelins and Handaxes are still pretty nice in 11, though, since they're actually stronger than their Iron counterparts. Think I ended up killing Camus with a Javelin forge on Dracoknight Abel when I played H2. :P

But yeah they definitely suck in 12, which is actually good since it gives people more incentive to use bowmen, who are so utterly outclassed before hand due to 1-2 range being so powerful.

Hero weapons are godly in every FE game, so I'll have to go with those. I'd say they're the best non prf weapons (I consider Holy Weapons to be prf) in FE.

Edited by Refa

Complete disagreement on this one. This is only true if MU went fighter and is super blessed, otherwise he's not capable of slaughtering anything. You can OHKO flying dragons with a forged bow, forged dragon-effective weapon, or Excalibur, and fire and ice dragons are easily ORKO'd with unforged dragon-effective weapons. Later on, you have Wing Spears, Ridersbanes, Hammers, Armorslayers, and a Sword Killer to beat down a variety of enemy types, and by endgame you have brave weapon that can ORKO enemy sorcerors when forged.

It's true that I did have a blessed MU to get some of these results, and you are correct that forges/excalibur are the best ways to take out dragons... but there are a lot of dragons in those chapters, and I found it extremely helpful to have a unit that can take more then 1 hit and retailate at 2 range against multiple dragons. Late game... yeah, 3 and 4 mt weapons have no hope. I guess they really don't have much of a case in FE12, but I would still maintain their worth in 7-11 as amazing weapons, and in the other games they still are the only way for a huge number of classes to attack at 2 range. And yes, I know spears/tomohawks etc exist, but generally in very low quantities.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

Just another scrub here to chime in my love for Holsety. It even gets to show up in FE5.

True in the case of newbies probably accidentally LevinSylvia , though the only reason I can think of why more experienced FE4 players would want to do corplesety on purpose is that they are somehow maso and are bored with the two good Holsety pairings and wanna grind that little fucker for some reasons.

I wasn't a member here when I did CorpleSety, I did it because I wanted to find out if they were charitable and gave him wind rankings early in his first class or something like that (naturally, they didn't).

Thankfully, with money and repairs it's not too grating to grind corpul using the reserve staff. Not that he really contributed that much to an already overpowered team of characters...

If there's ever a FE4 remake, I demand trial maps so that I can use Yurius. Also Ishtar.

Edited by Refa