How to train Sanaki.

MacLovin

There is an easy solution to the problem:

Don't.

More serious note: if you can, have her just plowed to .99 in BEXP, then have her potshot from a distance. She obviously cannot tank since Nosferatu doesn't exist at this point... so you're going to have to just have her leech kills whenever possible. Use her PRF weapon the most, too. It's light.

I'm using her in a draft team.

Silver Harpoon- Nephenee, Zihark, Tanith, Calill, Heather, Lucia, Giffca, Sanaki, Nasir

Come part 4, I'll have to use her in the Silver army alongside Tanith and Callill.

Edited by Silver Harpoon

Best way to use her is with resolve and daunt/miracle in drafts. Also, a fire forge can help but since ur already in part 4, u cant forge until 4-2. Concentrate on Tanith and Calill btw. Calill can tank up north with resolve and 1 round KO every enemy there. While Tanith and Sanaki cooperate with the east side.

(Wishes that he had gotten Skrimer or Mordecai instead of the Loli Empress.)

Saving long range tomes for her.

Also Forgot to get Nullify scroll in 2-E :facepalm:

Also, would it be a good idea to give Sanaki the energy drops, or should I save them for Lucia/Zihark.

Edited by Silver Harpoon

Save them for Zihark, maybe lucia, they will be more frontline and more attacking, Sanaki won't be soaking up EP attacks to compensate for the use. Even if she isn't weighed down, she won't put them to that good of a use.

Also, Nullify?

I know what nullify does, It just came a bit out of the blue for me for why you would need it. Because the previously mentioned skills were resolve, daunt and miracle.

Anyway, Nullify isn't THAT important. The worst part is the crossbow, but that's early in the game, easy to reset the chapter for.

This is what I do, drafts or not, follow my example:

- I give her the Boots. This goes for any magic user who will be playing an important role at Part 4. ok.

- Energy Drop. Just one is enough.

- Resolve.

- Daunt/Miracle. Either works fine, but Daunt is probably a little better or that 5 extra Avo (It's not really Avo,although it does decrease enemy Hit and crit by 5 whn they're up to 3 spaces away.

- Angelic Robe.

- One or two Dracoshields.

- 99 BEXP (This is optional, I barely do it)

With this, Sanaki becomes extremely worth drafting. Combined with a Seraph Knight, your Silver Route is pretty much over. Don't ever regret drafting her for Skrimir or Mordecai, 2-range is very important, combined with the fact she won't be needing to take Olivi grasses.

ok

Edited by Bedivere

Yes, unless you have another magic user to give them to. If you're giving her all those resources, that means you are comitted to make her have that major influence at that side of Part 4. With some support, she can reliably 4-turn 4-P and 8-turn the desert.

Who are your people at the Silver route, and where are you now?

I have Calill, Tanith, Sanaki, Sothe, and a speed screwed Miccaih.lol at 16 speed at 20/4

(Seriously, I'm really regretting not getting Skrimer or Mordecai-or even Naesala)

Edited by Silver Harpoon

Don't ever regret drafting her for Skrimir or Mordecai, 2-range is very important, combined with the fact she won't be needing to take Olivi grasses.

Regret seems like an entirely appropriate response in this situation. Skrimir dominates 4-P and (with Speedwing) 4-3 and performs superbly in 4-E.

Regret seems like an entirely appropriate response in this situation. Skrimir dominates 4-P and (with Speedwing) 4-3 and performs superbly in 4-E.

Actually, In draft setting Sanaki can perform equally to both of those Laguz. There should be enough resources to make her happy, and the fact that she has 1-2 range is perfect for drafts where the player often has to distribute 2 or maybe 3 units for a whole map come part 4. skrimir is going to have trouble taking care of archers, mages, priests, and other 2 rangers, plus the sheer number of enemies means grassing every turn or so. While sanaki would only have trouble with priests and some mages.

Edited by SlayerX

Actually, In draft setting Sanaki can perform equally to both of those Laguz. There should be enough resources to make her happy, and the fact that she has 1-2 range is perfect for drafts where the player often has to distribute 2 or maybe 3 units for a whole map come part 4. skrimir is going to have trouble taking care of archers, mages, priests, and other 2 rangers, plus the sheer number of enemies means grassing every turn or so. While sanaki would only have trouble with priests and some mages.

Are you assuming battle-save abuse to make sure Sanaki doesn't get hit? I don't imagine she's ever reliably durable. Even at max HP and Def (which she isn't close to reaching in 4-3) Sanaki is quite squishy (2-3HKO'd).

I've never done a RD draft, but I imagine that Skrimir is a big boon in 4-E. He can deal tons more damage against Dheginsea, Sephiran, the Auras, and Ashera.

He has Calill though and Tanith. Both of those are a lot better than what Sanaki will be doing. Calill alone can 3 turn 4-P with a bit of micaiah/flier help in the east. Sanaki needs a bunch of resources and generally isnt worth it.

He has Calill though and Tanith. Both of those are a lot better than what Sanaki will be doing. Calill alone can 3 turn 4-P with a bit of micaiah/flier help in the east. Sanaki needs a bunch of resources and generally isnt worth it.

I'm really beginning to hate Lolis and Mary Sue mages.

But seriously, I realized that a lion/tiger/hawk/ranulf/naesala would've been a better choice over her. (In retrospect,)

I have Calill, Tanith, Sanaki, Sothe, and a speed screwed Miccaih.lol at 16 speed at 20/4

(Seriously, I'm really regretting not getting Skrimer or Mordecai-or even Naesala)

Well, that's not bad. Give Resolve to Callil and Sanaki, and keep in mind those handful of statboosters (if you have them). Give Sanaki a light-weight tome.

The lack of 2-range and the need to fill a gauge gets in the way really nicely.

Why would you give Sanaki an Energy Drop? She 2HKOes enemies fine with just a forge which won't weigh her down. It's a complete waste to give her an Energy Drop, you'd be better off selling it.

Nor is it worthwhile to sit on a Seraph Robe for 10 chapters to give it to her. Sanaki takes forever to dig herself out of being 2HKOed: so long that you might as well not bother. She's very rarely at risk of being OHKOed. But if you expect her to make use of Resolve, then everything is going to kill her in one hit anyway...

The lack of 2-range and the need to fill a gauge gets in the way really nicely.

Sanaki's durability is a lot more worrisome. 2 range enemies are rare enough that it's not such a big deal that Skrimir can't counter them, while it is for Sanaki.

Gauge is not a problem since you should have more than enough Laguz Stones. Olivi Grass makes up the rest, and Skrimir's gauge is pretty slow.

Edited by Anouleth

Why would you give Sanaki an Energy Drop? She 2HKOes enemies fine with just a forge which won't weigh her down. It's a complete waste to give her an Energy Drop, you'd be better off selling it.

Nor is it worthwhile to sit on a Seraph Robe for 10 chapters to give it to her. Sanaki takes forever to dig herself out of being 2HKOed: so long that you might as well not bother. She's very rarely at risk of being OHKOed. But if you expect her to make use of Resolve, then everything is going to kill her in one hit anyway...

Sanaki's durability is a lot more worrisome. 2 range enemies are rare enough that it's not such a big deal that Skrimir can't counter them, while it is for Sanaki.

Gauge is not a problem since you should have more than enough Laguz Stones. Olivi Grass makes up the rest, and Skrimir's gauge is pretty slow.

The Energy Drop was due to AS loss, of course I know a Fire forge is better, but I didn't know he had a save back then. And the Seraph Robe is to get her out of that durability quicker.

Skrimir can't handle the South side at 4-3 as well as Sanaki can. There are a ton of enemies there, and alot of them have 2-range. Resolve and Daunt are there to aid her paper-like durability.