Salvageable or Restart

omglmaowtf

Unless there's a direct mountain in the way, it does look like Leaf can talk to Altenna if the dancer helps him out. But it looks like a mountain :E

Did you get the rescue staff? That could help. I'm guessing not though. I'd personally call a restart if you're not willing to abuse your way through the battle. Surviving the dragon mooks shouldn't be too hard, but Altenna is still a danger.

why are there so many unpromoted units

I somehow manage to cut a way for danced Leaf to get to his sister, but now

6cjqA.jpg

Patty's there because she's my only unit capable of casting sleep, so

option 1)sacrifice Patty, or Leen/Rana in her place

option 2)restart

Is there any possibility of a option 3?

(guess I've established myself as the piss-poorest FE player in all historydry.gif)

At this point, you might as well restart if you're considering it every other move you make. I personally have no patience to hear someone whine about something but say "no I want to continue!" at the same time. Either you continue and stop whining or you just restart and stop whining.

He's not whining. In fact, you're the one complaining :unsure:

(guess I've established myself as the piss-poorest FE player in all historyPosted Image)

FE4 confounds many players who are used to the later games, because of its style and pacing. Tactics you used in the later games will get you killed in this one. A lot of the game is actually reacting to what the enemy does, rather than engaging the enemy. New players easily find themselves trapped :/

If you play much more hesitantly, and allow the enemy to come to you, you can usually turn that to your advantage.

Making mistakes and learning from them is a good experience to go through, especially with the sort of game Fire Emblem is. I wouldn't worry so much if you don't succeed at things the first time, I've definitely been helped by making mistakes early in my playing. Try stuff out yourself, see what works. The advantage in FE4 is that you can save at the start of every turn, so it isn't like you lose a lot of progress by experimenting.

I suggest saving in a third slot at additional checkpoints rather than just saving at the start of each chapter and at the start of each turn, if you don't do so already. That should give you better opportunities to back out of situations like these without going too far back.

Edited by Othin

You've got five slots. Have one save for the beginning of the chapter, one save you overwrite for each castle you Seize, and three you alternate for turns.

TWILIGHT SPARKLE TAUGHT ME THE VALUE OF PROPER ORGANIZATION

In the "Three Armies Assault" of chapter 9 who should I have defended the castles? HolsetyArthur successfully defended one, I have Claude!Sety w/ Lightning at another, so I need a third, but Hannibal & unpromoted Tinny w/ Elwind died like weak bitches when I tried to use them both.

Hannibal on the castle can't really die to those weak wyverns, except maybe the boss. Get Tinny out of there. But if you're really having trouble, try Shannan with Balmung. They likely won't even attack him.

I have decided to abandon my FE4 gameplay, & never touch it again. Why?

Chapter 10:

TqTkT.jpg

So it's either forget about the village's ring, or sacrifice Altenna.

I've had it.

(FE1DS H5 + FE6 HM) X 1,000 = half of FE4's difficulty

I'll still be on serenesforest though, there are FEs to talk about.

Not really true. Unlike later FEs, you can't just throw a single unit with a Hand Axe into a mob of enemies and expect them to destroy. FE4 takes a lot more planning and group teamwork.

I have decided to abandon my FE4 gameplay, & never touch it again. Why?

Chapter 10:

http://i.imgur.com/TqTkT.jpg

So it's either forget about the village's ring, or sacrifice Altenna.

I've had it.

I'll still be on serenesforest though, there are FEs to talk about.

That screenshot still shows, a good 4 turns to save that village or so. Easily enough time to heal Altenna with Libro, or to get some cavalry reinforcements down there to help out, unless I'm missing something else off screen.

And really, H5, FE4, and FE6 all feature different types of difficulty. While you could try to compare them on a single scale, I wouldn't really advise it.

Edit: Also, giving up when you only have a chapter and a half left or so is really unfortunate, stick it out a bit longer, man.

Edited by Balcerzak

I think once you get a hang of the differences in gameplay, it's not too difficult. If you haven't gotten used to it, I don't blame you, most of the more modern FEs play drastically different. You have a lot more threat of dying on EP in FE4 than in some other games, so the key is to lure enemies in with durable units/by ending turns at the edge of enemy ranges, and engage them on player phase. Certain bosses hitting for 40~ sucks, but you can usually do the same thing back. Enemy armies gang up on your units and canto away, but you can do that too.

PS: The ring is nice I suppose, but it's not the end of the world. Plus, you've prolly put hours and hours into this, it'll feel good to finally get it beat. Keep trying.

I only ever kill Corple (by negligence) and Hannibal (by necessity due to the former).

Honestly, I wouldn't give up - but I WOULD restart, armed with all of your knowledge, and punch the game through this time around if you're getting stuck.

All right then, please list which are the Gen 2 characters that are okay to sacrifice in your playthroughs.

While I personally don't sacrifice people, the following can easily be lived without:

Lakche

Skasaha

Lester

Arthur (unless Levin!Arthur)

Johan

Johalva

Tinny

Hannibal

Corpul

You can complete the game with Celice and Julia alone, and Julia doesn't die when she's killed.

She does in the final chapter, but that's rather different.

Edited by Ballin' Holyn

You can complete the game with Celice and Julia alone, and Julia doesn't die when she's killed.

While this is true, Ares, a dancer, and the charisma-bots definitely make it easier.

Edited by Balcerzak