Best Resource Allocation (FE4)

Bryan

What items do characters benefit from the most?

Life Ring

Elite Ring

Thief Ring

Prayer Ring

Pursuit Ring

Bargain Ring

Knight Ring

Return Ring

Power Ring

Magic Ring

Skill Ring

Speed Ring

Shield Ring

Barrier Ring

Leg Ring: Sigurd

I figured this could become an interesting debate, and I didn't see a topic quite like this before.

Edited by Bryan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it completion when you can't trade it? Deirdre can never give it away. We cannot discuss how good it would be on somebody else because she can never give it away. When you're discussing skills in FE9, you don't put (for completion) that Zihark is the best user of Zihark's Adept, you talk about only the assignable skills.

How is it completion when you can't trade it? Deirdre can never give it away. We cannot discuss how good it would be on somebody else because she can never give it away. When you're discussing skills in FE9, you don't put (for completion) that Zihark is the best user of Zihark's Adept, you talk about only the assignable skills.

Because I figured it wouldn't hurt? I'll remove it.

/shrug

My original point still stands: users use things best often thanks to inheritance. Otherwise, Ethlin wouldn't be the best candidate for the Pursuit Ring.

Knight Ring for Sylvia/Leen/Laylea. Celice also makes good use of it until he promotes, and afterwards it turns into a fine 20000 gold.

Also Recover Rings don't exist in player hands.

I think he meant the Life Ring.

EDIT: Celice makes the best use of the Knight Ring, because Miss Thief should be able to ensure Leen/Laylea gets it in the C8 base.

Edited by Integrity

Celice doesn't have the inventory space for everything, otherwise I'd agree. Power/Speed/Life/Leg/Knight/Elite plus Hero Sword and go.

EDIT: I did find Celice likes having the Magic Ring sitting around for magic sword shenanigans, though.

Edited by Integrity

Pursuit should be for Arden, and then for Briggid's husband to pass it down to Patty, or maybe trade it to your axe user in Gen 2. Knight for Sylvia and Leen after Lachesis promotes, Leg for Corpul or Leen, Elite for Corpul or Tinny, Skill for Azel and Arthur, Thief for a healer, Barrier for Cuan and Altenna or Sigurd and Celice, and IDK about the rest.

Many of these resources are best allocated on a by-chapter, or as-needed basis. Allocation in preparation for inheritance is also completely different than allocation for purposes of actually using. And again, obviously allocation will change if the goal is strict LTC vs Ranking vs other.

Pursuit should be for Arden, and then for Briggid's husband to pass it down to Patty, or maybe trade it to your axe user in Gen 2. Knight for Sylvia and Leen after Lachesis promotes, Leg for Corpul or Leen, Elite for Corpul or Tinny, Skill for Azel and Arthur, Thief for a healer, Barrier for Cuan and Altenna or Sigurd and Celice, and IDK about the rest.

WHEE

Pursuit: If Briggid's husband is anybody with Pursuit (say, holyn) obviously he wouldn't get it. And why does Ardan have dibs over the myriad better units who also lack Pursuit, like Levin/Lex/Noish/?

Leg: Why Corple? Leen, sure, I still think Celice gets it but Leen is okay. But why Corple?

Elite: Corple again? wgf? Tinny?

Thief: Yeah, let's give it to the units who can't attack. BRILLIANT I SAY!

Barrier: Yes, let's give it to Cuan and just remove it from play for half the game. That's a great idea. Sigurd loves it anyway.

If there are any subs in play, then Tristan and Femina have a good claim to the Pursuit Ring after Leaf promotes. Both are mounted, and Tristan has decent stats, plus critical and a high sword rank while Femina can fly around with a Hero Lance.

EDIT: Trsitan is the sub lol.

Edited by Dark Sage

Delmud's not a sub, bro.

EDIT: Personally, if (for some reason) Leaf doesn't get the Pursuit Ring I like to try to land it on Sylvia because of gold inheritance. Either that 40k becomes 4k after 20 years or that 40k Pursuit Ring becomes 20k for Leen. I'd consider that higher priority than Ardan.

Edited by Integrity

Thief: Yeah, let's give it to the units who can't attack. BRILLIANT I SAY!

Only replying to this for now. He said Thief to a healer, and to be honest, Thief on Nanna is not a bad idea. She obviously has the option of just using the Thief Sword, though, but then again another main candidate for Thief (Fee) also does, so that isn't necessarily a point against her.

It really depends on your pairings and what you're aiming for. In a LTC run, Sigurd and Celice pretty much have hold over the Leg Ring, unless you're particularly good at dancing. Celice will want the Elite Ring for Chapter 6. Then it's pretty much whoever can afford it. I quite like DewxAyra, which means that the swordtwins can juggle the Elite Ring between them. I generally use the Pursuit Ring to plug any gaps in my kids' skillsets, say if I did NoishxLachesis or LexxTiltyu.

The stat rings go to where they're needed. Jamka!Lester might want the Skill Ring and Claude!Fee could do with the Power Ring. Generally it depends on what you're doing. Dew likes the Leg Ring in chapter 4, and Patty might want it to recruit Faval too.

Elite/Leg Rings - Sigurd/Celice

Pursuit Ring - Any kid lacking pursuit

Bargain Ring - Normally left on Shanan, but I suppose staff users might like it.

Stat Rings - Anyone with a stat deficit

Return Ring - Sigurd in chapter 4, anyone who feels like taking on Areone.

Barrier Ring - Celice, he doesn't want to go to sleep in chapter 10!

Only replying to this for now. He said Thief to a healer, and to be honest, Thief on Nanna is not a bad idea. She obviously has the option of just using the Thief Sword, though, but then again another main candidate for Thief (Fee) also does, so that isn't necessarily a point against her.

Hn. I suppose when he said "a healer" I imagined stickies like Aideen or Lana. Your point makes his make a little more sense.

Of course, Nanna and Fee don't have the staff rank to need the big sticks that cost so much, so why would we give them the Free Money Ring?

Hn. I suppose when he said "a healer" I imagined stickies like Aideen or Lana. Your point makes his make a little more sense.

Of course, Nanna and Fee don't have the staff rank to need the big sticks that cost so much, so why would we give them the Free Money Ring?

Both are likely to use expensive Magic Swords (Earth Sword is especially costly per-use, even just the regular 1-2 range are probably among the most expensive non-Holy). Nanna often marries Leaf and gives him money to support his Rescue Staff habits.

I dunno. I guess yes, neither of them definitely need it as much as someone like Ares, but in Fee's case at least, she clearly has the best mobility to reach hard to get at bandits for the free 5k. *shrug*

Both are likely to use expensive Magic Swords (Earth Sword is especially costly per-use, even just the regular 1-2 range are probably among the most expensive non-Holy). Nanna often marries Leaf and gives him money to support his Rescue Staff habits.

I dunno. I guess yes, neither of them definitely need it as much as someone like Ares, but in Fee's case at least, she clearly has the best mobility to reach hard to get at bandits for the free 5k. *shrug*

In that case, the theif ring/ sword is better for her

The bargain ring only good for holy weapon user and staff user( Leaf is count)

No one talking about the knight ring, it's pretty useful

I'd rather for tinny use tron/ thunder , then switch her equipment into elwind/ tronado for dodge ( this is my way, you can think this way is bad)

or you can do the same with ladcke/holin/ayra/shkaksa with silver blade then witch hero sword

Edited by Izzak