Best Resource Allocation (FE4)

Bryan

Delmud is even better than the Swordtwins for the Hero Sword. Mount and high strength does that for you. Leaf is also preferred as he has Critical, Continue, high strength, and really wants to get to promotion ASAP. Holyn!Patty is dependent on the Hero Sword to even level, so I guess she's an ok choice for it. Celice is also awesome with a Hero Sword.

@TriVaLato: PEMN with your Skasaha. And Holyn is a decent character btw.

Well,well,well

Forrset kinght max str is 23, swordmaster is 27

Swordmaster has more speed than forrest knight, but the special of the sword-twin is meteor hit and nihil, that delmud doesn't ahve

Otherwise, delmud crit= hero swird with 100 stars

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,well,well

Forrset kinght max str is 23, swordmaster is 27

Swordmaster has more speed than forrest knight, but the special of the sword-twin is meteor hit and nihil, that delmud doesn't ahve

Otherwise, delmud crit= hero swird with 100 stars

However, Delmud also has a horse and canto. Which means he can swap weapon to optimize his EP, and relocate himself after his attack. Delmud may not have Astra and Nihil, but he has charisma, which certainly helps out in a few spots. There's also the added bonus of being able to keep up with the action.

If we compare a Holyn!Lakche to a Beowulf!Delmud, at level 30, Lakche wins by 6HP, 3 Strength, 1.5 Magic, 1 skill, 5 speed and loses by 1.5 defense and almost a point of resistance. Whilst that speed does give Lakche a few more AS, I can't imagine there are too many things that wouldn't get doubled. Astra and potentially Luna do increase her offense, but Delmud only really struggles against Barons, which neither will be fighting too much anyway.

Assuming we give both of them a Hero's Sword, Delmud's still dealing 140 damage (4*35) if he doubles. Against an enemy with 20 defense, that's 60 damage. Which should be enough to do most things in. Even then, there's Charge. Lakche may be able to deal more damage than Delmud, but it's not the case that Delmud fails. She can just deal more damage than him. During the midgame, Astra would probably come in handy, but Charge has a fair activation rate too. 12% minimum, plus any extra HP or AS Delmud may have. A level 15 Delmud with a 5 AS lead over the enemy can have a 30% chance to activate it.

Basically, whilst the swordtwins may have an impressive skillset, difficult-to-ruin growths and nice stat caps, it doesn't mean that you can discount other units. Delmud is pretty flexible, he even helps out the units near him. The Swordkids are great units, but to say that other classes are inferior due to their caps alone doesn't make sense.

That last bit has to be stressed. Delmud, though I'm not too fond of the fellow, contributes his delicious +15 HIT on Alvis and Julius and other jerks neither he nor Lakche is going to be fighting (thanks nihil!) - and he does it in a spectacular manner.

Man but Lakche vs Alvis Silver Blade edition was so much fun. Wouldn't recommend for non-fangirls though.

But yeah, I thought it was 10 as well. At least that's what I had in my calculations when I did my Lakche favoritism run.

If you spam her like I do, she can actually run close to dry from repairing the Light Sword.

Plus, it's not like anybody else can reach the damn village before Celice takes that south castle.

Holsety Arthur? I've never used that combination before, but I'm assuming his poor movement makes it kind of hard for him to be useful, and he could really use the 5k.

He can promote pretty quickly, though, and then take his nice horse. Even if you don't give him any kills, the arena is sufficient to level himself up, since he'll have no issue dealing with any enemy in there.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Holesty!Arthur is long promoted by the time the Thief Ring shows up.

Plus, if he's not, I ain't waiting for ten turns while the fucker treks out there when I could just have Fee/mina fly over and grab it real fast.

He can promote pretty quickly, though, and then take his nice horse. Even if you don't give him any kills, the arena is sufficient to level himself up, since he'll have no issue dealing with any enemy in there.

Arthur is pretty impressive me ( even with any father) witth 9 move, can use tron ( if can use holnesty is super awsome), so with Leg ring and magic ring, he can sweep all the team

I mentioned Lex!Arthur. I like pairing Lex with Tiltyu for god sakes, when Levin isn't doing that. :P

It's more of that Arthur has 5 move before promo. That's...kinda terrible.

I mean first there's the mounted brigade, then there's the 6 move guys, now without Holsety of innate Elite, how's poor 5 move Arthur gonna compete?

I mentioned Lex!Arthur. I like pairing Lex with Tiltyu for god sakes, when Levin isn't doing that. :P

It's more of that Arthur has 5 move before promo. That's...kinda terrible.

I mean first there's the mounted brigade, then there's the 6 move guys, now without Holsety of innate Elite, how's poor 5 move Arthur gonna compete?

Give the leg ring to lex or fee has a little chance to finish him

Hey hey hey, Lex!Arthur and Fin!Arthur are pretty fucking awesome too.

Yep

Arthur is god( even with low stat cap) , with any father

I love Lex!Arthur best, and if you pairing like that, leg ring and magic ring are the most suitable ring for arthur

Fin!arthur is good, because prayer can make arthur dodge for this low def then crit, but I really hate this thing, because prayer are the best shit move

Yep

Arthur is god( even with low stat cap) , with any father

I love Lex!Arthur best, and if you pairing like that, leg ring and magic ring are the most suitable ring for arthur

Fin!arthur is good, because prayer can make arthur dodge for this low def then crit, but I really hate this thing, because prayer are the best shit move

No. Arthur is not god with any father. For example, Fin!Arthur is quite terrible because while Prayer is an awesome skill, Arthur can't KILL anything.

At least Fin!Arthur has pursuit.

Maybe with a magic ring and an El-tome? Or a sword/Tron after promotion? Still, that'll only take FOREVER, seeing on the closest El-tome he can use is Tinny's Elthunder, and she'll want to keep that. Also 5 movement. So he can be good... sorta... but he'll never really be godly if you do Arden, Fin, or Lex!Tiltyu.

If you're going to do any of the above pairings, chances are Tinny will be better because of higher magic, and continue after promotion. And staves (though that's not really combat related).

Edited by Skasaher

I wouldn't look down on Lex!Arthur, there are a good number of situations where his Wrath/Ambush comes in handy. He can tank Schmidt's and Liza's squads. Elite means he can promote by chapter 8 too!

Give the leg ring to lex or fee has a little chance to finish him

Assume LTC, that shit goes on Celice. Assume Lumiplay, Lakche has sole dibs on it. Either way Arthur's not getting it in any of my runs. He can either Holsety or Elite for his horse. Why give him the leg ring when he has two perfectly good father setups that lets him promote really early?

Depends on the Tinny, since Levin or Lex Tinny will still have advantages over Linda due to Elwind is awesome vs an extra Ambush for extremely easy arena leveling, respectively. But since Linda is Minor Tordo as well, comes with Wrath AND Elite, and is a Thunder mage meaning Thoron at base, she's got a pretty good advantage over most incarnations of Tinny.

Amid will never measure up to most Arthurs, though. Arthur at least has a nice horse when he promotes, however late that may be if you don't go the Holsety or Elite route or I guess some people likes to pass him that Leg ring. Amid can't even inherit that.

Amid is just useless. Yuria does everything he does, but better, and I'm sure Linda will be good enough by the time he leaves. Of course, this is all in a draft playthrough, none of them would be of much use in a regular playthrough (well, Amid and Linda; Yuria's godly as always...thanks to Alvis, I'm assuming).

Yuria is good enough to oneround Yurius at base with Narga. That's good enough for me~

It's not a guaranteed ORKO. She needs to activate continue twice, and I think Yurius needs to activate charge.