[Final Fantasy IV GBA] Draft 1

Whitefang

Baigan - I put Cecil and Tellah in the back row. Cecil covered Tellah and mostly defended. Tellah killed one arm, then put one spell on the body. He cast reflect on himself then osmosed the second arm. The spells reflected, killing the body. Tellah osmosed Cecil and took out the final arm.

Kainazzo - Nothing much to this fight, Tellah used two Thundagas when he built up the water around himself and it was over.

Now I have the airship and flew around the world collecting some treasures. The only thing that I have to do yet is decide what equipment, if any, I should buy. Specifically, I have a very long Cecil solo coming up that I need to prepare for.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitefang, buy High Potions. Lots and lots of High Potions. Don't bother with armour, Tellah can carry you to the point where you can find the upgrade.

Cecil                  Pts  Score
D. Mist             10    10  Kain 10            0     0
Officer             11    11                     0     0
Octomamm            10    12  Rydia 2          - 6  -  6
Antlion             2     12  Rydia 6           14     8
Mombomb             15    12  Rydia 7 Rosa 10  -16  -  8
Battle for Fabul    15    13                   - 2  - 10
Milon               15    16  Palom 10         - 4  - 14
Milon Z             15    16  Palom 12         - 2  - 16
Dark Knight         17    16                   - 1  - 17
Baigan              9      1  Palom 14         - 3  - 20
Cagnazzo            16    10  Palom 15         - 7  - 27
Dark Dragon         19    13                   - 6  - 33
Tellah used vs Flame Hound (chest monster)       1  - 32
Sandy, Mindy, Cindy 16    16  Tellah 21        +16  - 16

Main problem with Octomamm is keeping Rydia alive. Once you get through a few arms, he slows down, luckily.

I killed most of the mombombs, stupidly. Only Cecil (and Rosa, I guess) will mind the EXP.

I think Kain is programmed so that he will kill you even if you level grind.

Milon was the first tough fight, mostly because I had trouble dodging random encounters. His minions went down with 2 hits of Fire, and I beat him up until he died.

It's a good thing Palom learns Fira after the first Milon fight.

Baigan was a monster. I almost took a Tellah penalty, but then I realised Reflect wore off after a while.

Cagnazzo hit with Tsunami a few times because Palom is so slow. Rage of Zeus minimized the Phoenix down usage, though.

Dark Dragon was very hard, because I saved my money and didn't buy armour. Hi Potions got me through it.

You get armour in Golbez's airship, but it cannot protect against magic (non-ice magic, anyway). Tellah I think will be mandatory here. Cindy needs to die first, because she can revive the others. Cecil takes too long to kill her, so using magic is the easiest way. You have to time it perfectly, so that he casts it after it wears off, before Sandy's turn. Once Cindy goes down, the others quickly follow.

Played a bit yesterday and made some progress. Sadly I lost my FFVI save to a corrupted file system, so I'll have to restart that one (maybe, I might have a backup).

Dark Dragon: Pathetic. Tellah used slow right away, then I killed Cid and Yang. After that, Cecil attacked until the transformation, where Tellah used Tornado and then Cecil went in with the finishing blow.

Delta Sisters: Also pathetic. Tellah is ironically better at low levels due to his higher speed, so he got a turn in before reflect. I think I used Bio so that there wouldn't be a cast time. Cecil was in the back row and used the Dancing Dagger as an item on the middle sister (Cindy, I guess). Tellah healed with my stock of Hi Potions. Once the reflect bounced off, Tellah used one -aga spell reflected off of himself, but it hit Mindy, so I didn't try it again. Strangely, Osmose works on them as well, so conserving MP was not an issue. Once Cindy was down, Tellah multitargeted with Firaga, killing Mindy. A single target Blizzaga took out Sandy.

Barbariccia/Valvalis: Cecil was in the back row again. Dancing Dagger only dealt 1 damage as an item, so I had to switch some equipment around. Free Kain made this a pretty easy fight, just very exhausting on the Hi Potions. I'm not sure what my strategy would have been without Kain, as I recall being able to damage her in the FFIVj version of the game while she was spinning. Apparently I recalled incorrectly. Kain is absolutely free for this fight.

Now onto the underworld. I am hoping to be able to kill all the dolls before they form, but I don't think I have a way of multitargeting. How will I do it? I might use a spider silk and hermes sandals.

Edit: I forgot to mention this but for all of these fights I maximized magic defense. Lol, I just noticed that Gaia gear prevents petrification. That would have been a little helpful for the Barbariccia fight. Good tip for everyone!

Played a bit more, got through Golbez.

3 Calco + 3 Brina: This was actually pretty interesting. First, use a spider's silk then Hermes' shoes. The Calcos (blue ones) are susceptible to death, so I used a Coeurl Whisker that I picked up in Eblan. They can also be cursed, so I attacked with the ancient sword until the remaining 2 were cursed. When cursed, they will only deal 1 damage to Cecil. Cecil equipped the Fire Sword and killed off 2 Brinas, weakening the last one so that he could kill it in one shot. I healed with a Hi Potion any time I fell below 500HP, and I made sure I had as much HP as possible before heading to Golbez. Once the final Brina attacked, I attacked the Calco. When it died, I had enough time to attack first and killed the final Brina.

Golbez: This was easy. I used a Hi Potion before Golbez did his thing, then Rydia showed up. Cecil does 500-800 damage, and Rydia will deal 1k+ with Titan. I didn't really need to heal. Golbez's spells were pretty tame. I guess I forgot how easy this game is since I've played the DS version more often. The bad news is that Cecil is leveling like crazy now. The other bad news is that I'll have to figure out how to kill the Demon Wall. I'll probably have to get either the Avenger or the Defender.

Oh...crap...how am I going to get past all those doors? Hello stack of penalties...maybe there are some lunar/light curtains available at Tomra? Boy, I hope so.

Edited by Whitefang

• 2 years later...

Necroing old draft threads with progress is the coolest.

Lv  Sc  CS  Ce K1 YR R1 Pa K2 R2 C2
D. Mist 		10   0   0  10 10
Officer 		11   0   0  11
Octomamm        	10  -6  -6  12     2
Antlion 		2  +14  +8  12     6
Mombomb 		15 -16  -8  12     7 10
Battle for Fabul	15  -2 -10  13
Milon   		15  -4 -14  16          10
Milon Z 		15  -2 -16  16          12
Dark Knight 		17  -1 -17  16          
Baigan          	9   -3 -20   1          14
Kainazzo        	16  -7 -27  10          15
Dark Dragon 		19  -6 -33  13
Tellah RE                   +1 -32
Sandy, Mindy, Cindy	16 +16 -16  16                   Tellah Penalty
Valvalis        	36 -48 -64  18             21 21
Calcabrina      	47 -80 144  18             22 21
Dr. Lugae   		25  -8 152  21             23 23
Rubicant        	50 -79 231  22             25 24
EvilWall        	37 -29 260  27             28 27
Elements        	50  +5 255  27                28  FuSoYa Penalty
CPU     		48 -38 293  29                29
Zeromus 		63
Asura   		63
Leviatan        	79
Odin            	53
Bahamut 		47
Pale Dim        	98
Wyvern          	99
Plague          	96
D.Lunar 		99
Ogopogo 		62

Valvalis was pretty simple once you got into a rhythm. Jump when she's a tornado, attack/heal as necessary otherwise.

Calcabrina wasn't too hard, but Golbez was a bitch. Eventually free Rydia survived long enough to pump enough spells into the Bez.

Dr. Lugae has an easy to follow pattern. The only risk was running out of Phoenix Downs.

Cecil and Kain introduced Rubicant to their ice element weapons. The weapons said "Ice to meet you".

Even with three people, Demon Wall had too much HP to take out before he started crushing dudes. I had to keep reviving Rydia and Edge to be sacrifical lambs so that my drafted units had time to whittle down his HP.

With Rosa and Cecil alone, even if I took down Scarmy, Ruby's attacks were too fast for me to handle. Even with FuSoYa, I had to burn an Elixir and a bunch of Ethers to win.

CPU is a joke. Even Cecil alone could win, albeit in an attritional battle.

The optional bosses are murdering me dead, so I need to grind some more before I can beat them.