Skyward Sword is Serious Business

someonewhodied

As a leftie I feel let down by Nintendo for making Link right-handed.

You're not alone. It's definitely a disappointment.

Edited by Kay

As a homosexual, I feel let down by Nintendo making Link straight.

But that's not something that was changed, Anouleth. As far as I know, Link's always been straight. He hasn't always been right-handed.

But that's not something that was changed, Anouleth. As far as I know, Link's always been straight.

How do you know that? Pink hair doesn't just "happen", Kay. And we've never seen him do anything with the thousands of beautiful maidens that he's rescued. Is he locked into the same sexual preference forever? Sexuality is fluid, so even if we accept that he had complete psychological continuity, Link could very well change his sexual preference over the course of his hundreds of incarnations.

He hasn't always been right-handed.

He hasn't always been left-handed, either. If people are going to insist that for some reason, all of the various Links must share left or right-handedness, then the evidence points to him being ambidextrous, since he uses both at different points.

I honestly don't get the whole bitching about hands thing.

Considering that majority of the human population are right handed, it seemed like the better move, besides, it's not that hard to swing with your right hand instead of your left, I'm left handed, but find no inconvenience within swinging a piddly wiimote.

Masturbating however..

j/k.

Considering that majority of the human population are right handed, it seemed like the better move, besides, it's not that hard to swing with your right hand instead of your left, I'm left handed, but find no inconvenience within swinging a piddly wiimote.

Using your own example, it's not that hard to swing with your left hand instead of your right, either.

Through TP I was still using my left hand for the wii remote anyway and didn't find it inconvenient. I'm sure right-handed people would do the same and also not find it inconvenient if the sword was in Link's left hand. It just seemed like a pointless move to put the sword in his right hand. And a disappointing one.

Fuck the system.

And also I can't masturbate for shit with my right hand, either.

Masturbating however..

j/k.

Adding some things to what Raven said- I am not dissapointed because I find it inconvenient. It's easy to just play with my right hand, but that's not the point. The point is, Link is traditionally left-handed. It was silly enough that pretty much everyone in TP was left-handed.

Stupid marketing business.

Nah man, the forward flip was way more bad ass. He even grunted extra hard for it.

I think with a back flip you can use your legs more, but with a forward flip using your legs in that direction for the extra momentum is more difficult, hence why he used his arms more. The forward flip looked way more difficult.

As a homosexual, I feel let down by Nintendo making Link straight.

Hm?

Or perhaps hm?

Edited by Obviam

Using your own example, it's not that hard to swing with your left hand instead of your right, either.

Through TP I was still using my left hand for the wii remote anyway and didn't find it inconvenient. I'm sure right-handed people would do the same and also not find it inconvenient if the sword was in Link's left hand. It just seemed like a pointless move to put the sword in his right hand. And a disappointing one.

Fuck the system.

And also I can't masturbate for shit with my right hand, either.

Nintendo makes Link use his left hand, right handed people bitch.

Nintendo makes Link use his right hand, left handed people BAWWW.

Nintendo can't win here.