FE4 Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randomly change votes for no apparent reason? You must've missed my explanation.

I voted for Paper because I seemed to recall his posts generally being more serious/productive. No I did not verify this by checking past mafias. Also keep in mind I haven't played a mafia game here since early September. Then I thought that it was silly to judge somebody's gameplay on D1, when not much has happened, and promptly unvoted.

My vote on Iris was a simple nudge to be active.

Now I'm feeling that my thoughts/contributions will only add to me looking erratic, and are probably also cookie cutter easy observations, but anyways...

Proto still hasn't been active, although I seem to remember him being very active as mafia so I don't think this means anything.

I get a townish gut feeling from Kirsche, tbh can't prove anything though.

Somewhat suspicious of Ducky, not sure yet.

13th seems to have good intentions, but also seems to be overlooking a few mental things.

I believe Psych and apologize for causing him to claim. Although it does give us a lead in Nightmare.

Also suspicious of Slayer, for being generally unassuming and making very easy posts, I guess similar to me. Same for Furet.

Not sure about Shinori yet.

Iris seems to also make easy posts, but I can excuse her much more easily than I can Slayer.

I have a generally neutral opinion of Kay, Rein, and Ether.

Then we lynch said user.

Lynching said user will result in more mislynches

I don't want MASS-claiming. If I see someone as scum I'll want a claim and vote an, even more importantly before doing any of that, I want them to explain their actions. People's minds work in mysterious ways. Some people are stupid and say someone's town whilst providing a BS reason for it and then voting someone because of that BS reason.

I mostly agree.

Trackers/watchers can still see who went where and did what. Like who visited the person who was killed etc etc.

And unlike you, raymond, I like to assume that the mafia is smart instead of dumb and instead of getting bit in the arse later on for underestimating them.

But if more than one person visits the killed person... unless we know for sure what a person is, we're back at this stage

Instead of nitpicking my wording how about you focus on the issue at hand - psych did jack all D1 that should've convinced you were town.

He did some odd things, but it leaves me partly convinced. More than you've convinced me.

Nope. Dead serious.

And respond to the rest of that please. Dodge less.

Raymond, dodge less. Go equip a nice heavy Steel Axe. Then maybe you won't dodge so much.

Then that statement is worthless and should be taken with a grain of salt. "Hmm the tracker might be scum, but he probably isn't" is of no value unless you assume he will be scum or he won't be scum.

Then I will assume he isn't scum. For now.

Scum to be lynched. Pressure voting is more than just asking for a claim. It is questionning ones actions with an action behind it.

Yeah... I agree.

I don't know, he seems a bit overzealous as a townie. Maybe this is just how he is and I don't know (due to not having played a lot of SF mafia), but personally, it strikes me as suspicious.

And so do you, actually. I think I'll give you a little ##Vote: Core. Sorry, you weren't very convincing.

Randomly change votes for no apparent reason? You must've missed my explanation.

I voted for Paper because I seemed to recall his posts generally being more serious/productive. No I did not verify this by checking past mafias. Also keep in mind I haven't played a mafia game here since early September. Then I thought that it was silly to judge somebody's gameplay on D1, when not much has happened, and promptly unvoted.

My vote on Iris was a simple nudge to be active.

Ah. Gotcha. A little better. So to switch to my other major suspicion. ##Unvote: Core. ##Vote: Ether

Pressure voting again...

Now I'm feeling that my thoughts/contributions will only add to me looking erratic, and are probably also cookie cutter easy observations, but anyways...

Proto still hasn't been active, although I seem to remember him being very active as mafia so I don't think this means anything.

Somewhat suspicious of Ducky, not sure yet.

13th seems to have good intentions, but also seems to be overlooking a few mental things.

I believe Psych and apologize for causing him to claim. Although it does give us a lead in Nightmare.

Also suspicious of Slayer, for being generally unassuming and making very easy posts, I guess similar to me. Same for Furet.

Not sure about Shinori yet.

Iris seems to also make easy posts, but I can excuse her much more easily than I can Slayer.

I have a generally neutral opinion of Kay, Rein, and Ether.

Proto is suspiciously inactive, but so is the half the players.

Ducky is being a little odd.

Kirsche is reading scum in my mind. But Ether is silent. Speaketh

I'm just working multiple places. I have this and a paper. So overlooking is a little easy to do, considering the importance of this paper. In fact, I'm signing out soon to finish it.

Psych is currently not coming off as scum. For once.

Slayer is suspicious

Shinori is no opinion too.

Iris. No clue yet.

Kay is suspicious, because I don't know what she does.

Rein is Rein.

Nightmare is currently clean to me

Raymond I think is contributing most.

Then we lynch said user.

...works for me.

If it ends up being a townie who just didn't give a fuck, it's them who'll get shit in postgame for it, not the rest.

I don't want MASS-claiming. If I see someone as scum I'll want a claim and vote an, even more importantly before doing any of that, I want them to explain their actions. People's minds work in mysterious ways. Some people are stupid and say someone's town whilst providing a BS reason for it and then voting someone because of that BS reason.

You also don't want normal claims, judging from what you said earlier. Psych claimed after people pressured him and you gave him shit for it.

Trackers/watchers can still see who went where and did what. Like who visited the person who was killed etc etc.

Again, that's why I said "very little", not "nothing". However, the chances of a tracker/watcher catching a mafia visiting their kill target are stupidly low, so relying on that is not understanding what the role is meant to do.

Though I did admit that mass-claiming involves a risk that might not pay off.

In fact, I admit it may be a better idea to do it later in the game when there are more actions to work with instead.

And unlike you, raymond, I like to assume that the mafia is smart instead of dumb and instead of getting bit in the arse later on for underestimating them.

Point out where I assumed that the mafia was dumb. Do it, and stop putting words in my mouth if you can't.

Instead of nitpicking my wording

Look who's talking.

how about you focus on the issue at hand - psych did jack all D1 that should've convinced you were town.

Fine. Maybe I was off. Maybe I made no sense regarding this point. You know what? It can happen. I'm human. I make mistakes.

Now, how about you focus on doing something useful instead of "pressuring" someone who already gave the town more info about himself than any other living player? Because, you know, there's no further info to get from me. I can't claim my character, I can't quote my flavor, I can't show you my role PM. I can only claim my role, and I have proven it as far as I'm concerned, so stop wasting our time and do something useful.

And respond to the rest of that please. Dodge less.

I'm a Touhou player. Obviously I'll dodge shit thrown at me. :mellow:

Then that statement is worthless and should be taken with a grain of salt. "Hmm the tracker might be scum, but he probably isn't" is of no value unless you assume he will be scum or he won't be scum.

I do make the assumption that he's town. That doesn't mean that I can't have backup plans in case he isn't.

Scum to be lynched. Pressure voting is more than just asking for a claim. It is questionning ones actions with an action behind it.

So you're saying that I'm mafia? That's pretty cool bro, I like your logic.

Also, aside from the current Core wagon (what are the current votals, anyway? Official ones would be good to have), I want everyone to answer the following questions.

1. Please explain your reasoning for your votes (or lack thereof) this phase.

2. Whom are you most suspicious of (other than whomever you voted for, if applicable), and why?

3. Whom would you currently trust the most, and why?

4. What do you think would be the best course of action right now?

Hmm... The scumreader in my head is liking kirsche less and less. But for now... I'm holding the Ether pressure. I trust Core for now. And Now... /runs off to write the last paragraph of essay

...works for me.

If it ends up being a townie who just didn't give a fuck, it's them who'll get shit in postgame for it, not the rest.

Precisly

You also don't want normal claims, judging from what you said earlier. Psych claimed after people pressured him and you gave him shit for it.

I don't want the tracker to claim after being pressured for no reason.

Again, that's why I said "very little", not "nothing".

Wording it like this is not a get-out-of-jail free clause. "Very little" implies there is little to nothing it gives us aside from that. And finding a

mafia killer is pretty significant.

However, the chances of a tracker/watcher catching a mafia visiting their kill target are stupidly low, so relying on that is not understanding

what the role is meant to do.

Ah yes the role is meant to out himself early on with no major info and get himself killed/perma hooked. Good plan.

Though I did admit that mass-claiming involves a risk that might not pay off.

In fact, I admit it may be a better idea to do it later in the game when there are more actions to work with instead.

So you have concluded that we should not mass claim. Just like I said at the beginning. And I'm the one wasting time again?

Point out where I assumed that the mafia was dumb. Do it, and stop putting words in my mouth if you can't.

"Because the town never ever caught a mafia in a fake-claim ever."

>Implying that the mafia may not have created fakeclaims like they should do N0.

>Hence assuming that the mafia will screw up

Look who's talking.

I don't nitpick.

Fine. Maybe I was off. Maybe I made no sense regarding this point. You know what? It can happen. I'm human. I make mistakes.

If you said that at the start, it'd have saved me an awful lot of trouble.

Now, how about you focus on doing something useful instead of "pressuring" someone who already gave the town more info about himself than any other living player? Because, you know, there's no further info to get from me. I can't claim my character, I can't quote my flavor, I can't show you my role PM. I can only claim my role, and I have proven it as far as I'm concerned, so stop wasting our time and do something useful.

I am doing something useful, I'm pressuring the guy who said some BS about Psych doing a lot in D1, being cleared for it, then voting someone after they pressure voted him, with that as part of the reasoning behind the vote. When someone says something stupid, raymond, you call them out on it. Isn't that what you guys did with darros?

I do make the assumption that he's town. That doesn't mean that I can't have backup plans in case he isn't.

Then why assume that he's town? Why not assume that he could be either and look at both scenarios with equal weight?

Anyway, now that you have finally seen the mistakes you have made, I will unvote.

##Unvote

I will evaluate who's the next best lynch before voting.

Kirsche is reading scum in my mind. But Ether is silent.

Wait if I'm scum why are you not voting me?

1. Please explain your reasoning for your votes (or lack thereof) this phase. Currently pressuring Ether

2. Whom are you most suspicious of (other than whomever you voted for, if applicable), and why? Currently most suspicious of kirsche. Due to lack of useful info on what he's done so far.

3. Whom would you currently trust the most, and why? Raymond. He's least scummy currently, and cleanest in terms of player

4. What do you think would be the best course of action right now? If Ether doesn't speak up, lynch Ether. Otherwise lynch Kirsche.

Due to lack of useful info on what he's done so far.

Good sir I have discussed what we, as a town, should and should not do (should being pressure vote those who act scummy/inactive; shouldn't being the massclaim idea, which you agreed with me on) and have shown that psych is not necessarily clear and how it is dangerous to assume as such.

Good sir I have discussed what we, as a town, should and should not do (should being pressure vote those who act scummy/inactive; shouldn't being the massclaim idea, which you agreed with me on) and have shown that psych is not necessarily clear and how it is dangerous to assume as such.

But all in all, I know almost nothing about you to make you cleaner than Psych. But fine enough to turn off my scumreader on you.

Let's all lynch Core or Proto then. Unless Ether doesn't respond.

Because. I have another 24 hours.

So I'm waiting on you to learn more info elsewhere.

Why are you waiting until the deadline to push for a lynch, can you really not see how that could go wrong?

I can't even fathom this statement. You're waiting for me to learn info from where?

Why are you waiting until the deadline to push for a lynch, can you really not see how that could go wrong?

I can't even fathom this statement. You're waiting for me to learn info from where?

Poorly written sentence on part 2

What I'm saying is I'm waiting on voting you until I know more about Ether and/or Furet.

1. Please explain your reasoning for your votes (or lack thereof) this phase.

Pressure

(pushing down on me

pressing down on you

no man asks for)

2. Whom are you most suspicious of (other than whomever you voted for, if applicable), and why?

I don't like how Kevin is reacting, but I never like how Kevin reacts, so that's kind of a bias on my part.

I'm not sure what to think on Core.

3. Whom would you currently trust the most, and why?

Myself, of course. I trust Raymond a bit for trying to organize the town, but not much further than that.

4. What do you think would be the best course of action right now?

I don't really have any leads on everyone, but I would like to hear from more people.